Are We Getting A Dvd Of Last Season?

ColinKelvin

Hello everyone. Apologies if the answer to this is already out there elsewhere, but does anyone know if there are concrete plans to produce a DVD of last season's exploits? I know it has been mentioned and requested, but if there was any info about the club's intentions then I missed it. I know there would be costs involved for the club in (presumably) buying up the rights to the material, perhaps adding interviews and commentary (?) and producing the discs and packaging - but surely they'd shift a fair number as mementos of our best season in yonks?

My worry is, the longer this is left, the more the excitement of last season might fade - I mean, if they wait until August, with people paying out for matches again - as well as holidays and kids going back to school - sales might not be as good as if they got this out in the close season.

Thoughts?

Hello everyone. Apologies if the answer to this is already out there elsewhere, but does anyone know if there are concrete plans to produce a DVD of last season's exploits? I know it has been mentioned and requested, but if there was any info about the club's intentions then I missed it. I know there would be costs involved for the club in (presumably) buying up the rights to the material, perhaps adding interviews and commentary (?) and producing the discs and packaging - but surely they'd shift a fair number as mementos of our best season in yonks?

My worry is, the longer this is left, the more the excitement of last season might fade - I mean, if they wait until August, with people paying out for matches again - as well as holidays and kids going back to school - sales might not be as good as if they got this out in the close season.

Thoughts?

Did you email the club?

I did and the response was that they are definetly considering it

They are definitely considering it?

Jesus, they should have been putting this together the day after the Falkirk game.

The opening poster is right - the longer the club leave this the less successful it will be.

I would hope that things have been progressing behind the scenes with this. But if, as I fear, it doesn't materialise then I think it's a huge missed opportunity for the club.

I realise that there are other things going on at the club just now but we should really be getting this DVD sorted out.

• Like 1

They are definitely considering it?

Jesus, they should have been putting this together the day after the Falkirk game.

The opening poster is right - the longer the club leave this the less successful it will be.

I would hope that things have been progressing behind the scenes with this. But if, as I fear, it doesn't materialise then I think it's a huge missed opportunity for the club.

I realise that there are other things going on at the club just now but we should really be getting this DVD sorted out.

:happy2:

100% this. Last season was the best I've ever experienced - which Jags fan in their right mind WOULDN'T buy this? I'm surprised I don't actually have one right now, thought the club would've put it together already. I'd probably be watching it at this very moment.

Well, that clears it up!

Dont shoot the messenger only stating what I got told mate.

Every chance they will make one, particularly if enough people email them and ask them.

In my email I said I didnt know a Jags fan that wouldnt purchase one and also suggested it would be a good revenue stream for the club.

Every chance they will make one, particularly if enough people email them and ask them.

In my email I said I didnt know a Jags fan that wouldnt purchase one and also suggested it would be a good revenue stream for the club.

Took your advice and emailed the club myself. Come on you guys...

Apologies - wasn't criticising you (and you're right, we should email the club and I'll be doing this now), just expressing my frustration at PTFC saying they are "definitely considering" a DVD. This is a meaningless reply. I agree that it's something which should make them some money as well as keeping us fans happy - frankly, it would be pretty pathetic not to get a season review out on DVD.

100% agree that this should have been getting worked on from the minute it looked like we were winning the league. The club should even try and make use of some of the excellent fan videos that have been shot on mobile phones etc over the course of the season.

I cannot think of a Jags fan that wouldn't want a DVD of the past season.

100% agree that this should have been getting worked on from the minute it looked like we were winning the league. The club should even try and make use of some of the excellent fan videos that have been shot on mobile phones etc over the course of the season.

I cannot think of a Jags fan that wouldn't want a DVD of the past season.

couldnt agree more,dvd is a must!

Apologies - wasn't criticising you (and you're right, we should email the club and I'll be doing this now), just expressing my frustration at PTFC saying they are "definitely considering" a DVD. This is a meaningless reply. I agree that it's something which should make them some money as well as keeping us fans happy - frankly, it would be pretty pathetic not to get a season review out on DVD.

No worries mate :thumbsup2: . For what its worth I think they will produce a dvd, it would be utter madness not too.

It shouldn't take anyone to email the club for them to get it done. We aren't all asking for it to be given away for free. We would pay good money for it and it would be a good earner for the club.

The difference between now and 2001/02 is that PTTV were a lot more active then than they are now.

Say what you like about Campbell Hughes, but if he was still involved with the club then this DVD would probably be on sale by now.

Edited by ian_mac

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Ian Maxwell is very busy doing very little.Surely now that we are an SPL club we should replace him with someone who has got credentials in running a commercial team?

Not a big haddy of a centre half who couldn't run a piss up in a brewery.

Ian Maxwell is very busy doing very little.Surely now that we are an SPL club we should replace him with someone who has got credentials in running a commercial team?

He has been busy sorting out contracts and players' registrations for one thing - and there's been quite a lot of activity on that front recently.

Wonder how the Thistle board haven't noticed him wasting his time over the last two years? Or maybe he's actually doing a decent job?

• Like 1

With all due respect you are talking rubbish.

• Like 1

Guest fredthecheesecloth

Game of opinions is it not gents?

While my original post may have been strongly worded, I just can't look past the season ticket balls up (how many times did the prices change), the fact it has all gone a little quiet on TAG, and the fact we have nothing on a DVD.

We need a bigger commercial team. That is obvious. And we need to get better at proper efficient commercial process.

Running a piss up in a brewery these days is no easy task. Apart from ever increasing health and safety issues you're likely to run into a licensing problem should you charge your guests even a token amount. Alternatively should you dispense the ale free of charge you run the risk of causing a PR nightmare by upsetting our nation's very strong health lobby. In addition many traditional breweries lack a suitable area to hold a piss up within its premises. Often toiletry facilities are substandard and an additional cost of hiring portaloos can often be considerable and hard to justify.

On an unrelated matter, tomorrow I hope to discuss some of the main pitfalls that can occur when a former journeyman holding midfielder attempts to knock the skin of a rice pudding whilst tweeting.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett
  • Like 2