Message From The Club

little_miss_jag

Or we face a fine

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2012-2013/april_2013/message_from_the_club

Simple really, let's enjoy tomorrow but not go on the pitch. There will be a few who think it a "giggle" or a laugh to go on to the pitch (assuming we clinch the title!) so it's up to the majority to make sure it doesn't happen.

Archie needs every penny to build a squad, let's support Archie

Guys in suits for no reason getting in way of a bit of fun for the fans. Love a good pitch invasion!

We have been warned...invading pitch = less money to OUR club.

I have been at the two previous 1st division championship wins and never found the need to run onto the pitch....no reason...no excuse.

• Like 2

I really don't get why invading the pitch seems such an attractive opposition to some when all it does is delay or even prevent the players from being able to celebrate with and acknowledge the fans, let alone a potential fine. I could maybe understand to some degree the mini-invasion at the cup final because it was a last-second goal that brings spur-of-the-moment emotions, but it's not as if anything's really at stake here - the league's already won.

Cardiff being fined by the fa? Happens all the time down south with teams avoiding relegation or winning promotion. We've done it at Firhill, Forfar and Peterhead. Also Dumbarton done it against Airdrie in the playoffs last season. Have we or they been fined for these?

We have been warned...invading pitch = less money to OUR club.

I have been at the two previous 1st division championship wins and never found the need to run onto the pitch....no reason...no excuse.

Not saying anybody should invade the pitch after the warning. Just criticising the decision to stop fans doing this. When you win the league you should be allowed a pitch invasion!

Not saying anybody should invade the pitch after the warning. Just criticising the decision to stop fans doing this. When you win the league you should be allowed a pitch invasion!

Why? It's the players moment as much as ours, invading the pitch just means they have to leave and celebrate in the dressing room.

Agreed. I'm pretty sure there isn't a history of club fines for non-violent celebratory pitch invasions. Even the morons that run the game in this country wouldn't.....actually they would.

aslong as falkirk have some decency to acknowledge we are champions i wont be too bothered but if they disregard the fact we have won the league i won't be too happy. I hope they are classy enough to allow us a good celebration. a good 30 mins post match sing song will be good!

Cardiff being fined by the fa? Happens all the time down south with teams avoiding relegation or winning promotion. We've done it at Firhill, Forfar and Peterhead. Also Dumbarton done it against Airdrie in the playoffs last season. Have we or they been fined for these?

its ridiculous this side of the border. one only needs to watch the football league show to see that it happens for a lot of teams from the championship downwards that that happens without it being an issue.

post-big game pitch invasions that I remember:

Peterhead (promotion, 2006)

Forfar (promotion, 2001)

Palmerston (non-relegation, 1998?)

Firhill (promotion, 1992)

Don't remember being on the pitch at Stirling (champions 2001, the day Lambie lost his shoes) or St Mirren (champions 2002), but maybe I just sat there with a wee tear of joy, who knows.

Tomorrow, we really ought not to, but to me these have always been good-natured affairs so who knows. It's not like we are old firm wallopers a la Hampden 1980. Really was just fun.

Utterly by the way, the funniest pitch invasion I've seen was down at Berwick when we pumped them 7-0 in the League Cup in about 1994. Was more of an incursion than an invasion, but I'll never forget those two very drunk boys jumping on at half-time, getting chased by a fat old steward and an even fatter and older Northumberland constabulary copper. Rather than coming straight back off, they went all the way down to the far end, scored a goal with one of the practice balls, then ran all the way back down to our end and jumped back into the crowd.

Got them the jail? may well have done. Inappropriate? I suppose so. Got us fined? probably.

F'n hilarious nonetheless...

Guest fredthecheesecloth

The pitch invasion at Berwick was my favourite. Currently getting the second division video converted into DVD and can't wait to see it.