Allan Moore Quotes

PAISLEY-JAG

After reading quite a bit on here about fans displeasure at Moore's comments to the media throughout this season and somehow managing to miss most of these in the newspapers, I seen today in the daily record he has came out as saying he didnt once say anything about thistle's inability to win the title or anything along those lines and has no idea why we would aim anything towards him. So out of curiosity and to get a bit of a laugh i was wondering who on here knows of any belters he has came out with recently that both contradict what he has said today and also now just make him look like an idiot? Cheers!

Sums the guy up if you ask me. After last weeks defeat at home to Dunfermline Alan Moore came out with this belter.......

“I don’t think there were many in a Morton shirt who did what they’d been doing all season – playing good football.

Granted i have only seen Morton 3 times this season but from what I saw I would use even the term football very loosely when referring to Morton.

When asked if he was interested in the Falkirk job, he responded with something along the lines of "why would I be interested? I'm the manager of Morton and we'll be playing in the SPL next season".

Get it up you.

http://inverclyde-tv...view-14th-march about 5 minutes in. Is there any proof of the comments he was alleged to have made in hospitality after the 2-2 game? Tbf he has congratulated us on the title.

As far as i am aware the only specific manager who brought up the youth v. experience argument was Billy Reid when he was at Accies - and strangely, perhaps, he predicted that youth would probably prevail.

It has been fairly well documented this season especially around the christmas period that moore was saying stuff along the lines of we will throw it away and the title pretty much had mortons name on it, with a few journos agreeing.

Credit where it is due, Partick Thistle have been that bit better this season. But I don't want to talk about Thistle, I want to talk about Morton.

this was from the Evening Times 22nd. The phrasing gives me the impression of a sheer reluctance to congratulate us. Nine points and seventeen goals in my book, Mr Moore, represents more than "a bit better".

this was from the Evening Times 22nd. The phrasing gives me the impression of a sheer reluctance to congratulate us. Nine points and seventeen goals in my book, Mr Moore, represents more than "a bit better".

Which is why, in true Kevin Keegan fashion, I would love it if we somehow managed to finish 15 points clear at the end of the season.

I was in hospitality that day along with one other jags fan and the feeling in the room I will never forget.

At the request of one of the people we were with, Dougie Ray thanked us both for coming but then followed that with a remark about how we must have been hurting at throwing away that 2 goal lead. There's no doubt that many people in that room thought the job was done, and I believe Moore and Dougie Ray were 2 of them.

Moore said something like, "You saw what happened when we put that young team under pressure in the 2nd half today. We've got the points on the board and they don't." Cue frantic head nodding and murmurs of agreement from the men in blue and white ties.

Before that day I never really had anything against Moore. He was a former player who was part of the 2nd Division winning team of 2000/01. But after that day I started to dislike the man.

It's quite simple. Morton fans (on P&B at least) seemed to believe that having points on the board meant they had the title in the bag. From his comments in the press and reported comments at Morton hospitality, Moore also agreed with these sentiments. Our players all along, even when overtaking Morton in the table, did all their talking on the pitch and refused to be as overconfident as Morton appeared to be in the press. Once the title was won, the players quite rightfully did their little bit of showboating as they had earned it.

It's quite simple. Morton fans (on P&B at least) seemed to believe that having points on the board meant they had the title in the bag. From his comments in the press and reported comments at Morton hospitality, Moore also agreed with these sentiments. Our players all along, even when overtaking Morton in the table, did all their talking on the pitch and refused to be as overconfident as Morton appeared to be in the press. Once the title was won, the players quite rightfully did their little bit of showboating as they had earned it.

This much was evident from the Morton fans that were on here for a while and the ones on the First Division "Banter" page on Facebook.

Seriously listen to some of the interviews with the wee Rat it is unbelieveable......all in all he comes across as a bitter bitter wee man....best quote " Partick got a rub of the green with Dunfermline going into administration getting Andy Dowie and Jordan McMillan" mental note to Allan thats not a rub of the green thats going out and getting players who are free to be signed something the Manky Morton could have done however as you then said you thought you had a good enough team and did not need to add to the squad....mmmmm guess what Allan you never. Morton will always be a SFL team with that guy in charge there is not an ounce of football in them.