Mcnamara - You Couldn't Make It Up...

If McNamara terminated the contract how is he entitled to anything after he has gone?

Exactly what I was thinking.

We need to make our feelings heard on this matter at Dumbarton tomorrow. I suggest singing 'Pay up Jackie, Jackie pay up' to the 'Pompey Chimes tune.

I reckon this will be why the compensation wasn't paid. He probably knew he was entitled to a bonus for promotion and thinks they should be offset.

I think he's totally chancing it. NO WAY should he get a bonus having jumped ship half way through. If I remember correctly, we weren't even at the top of the league when he left...

I think he's totally chancing it. NO WAY should he get a bonus having jumped ship half way through. If I remember correctly, we weren't even at the top of the league when he left...

aye when Archie took over we were 8 behind with 3 in hand going to Cappielow.

aye when Archie took over we were 8 behind with 3 in hand going to Cappielow.

To be strictly accurate when McNamara left we were 5 behind with 2 games in hand. By the time we played our first game under Archie, who would eventually take us to the title, though we were 8 behind with 3 games in hand. We had played just slightly over half our league fixtures by this point.

We weren't.

In fact, a friend made me aware of a rather interesting stat. If we win at Dumbarton tomorrow then the team under Archie will have amassed the same number of points in 16 games as it took the team 20 games to accrue under McNamara.

Edited by Dark Passenger

The irony is that if he had stayed we, IMO, would not have won the league.

The irony is that if he had stayed we, IMO, would not have won the league.

Thing is we'll never know what would have happened.

What we do know though is that Jackie McNamara left to go to Dundee United. Alan Archibald took over Partick Thistle who were sitting second in the league at the time. Partick Thistle won the First Division with the gap at the top currently standing at 10 points.

This chancers's career is littered with incidents of back- stabbing and general shoddiness in dealings with others in the profession . He has clearly endured a loyalty bypass ! I recall from Celtic supporting friends the stramash at the time when he engineered a move from Parkhead ... He trousered a lucrative signing on fee at Wolves ..and then payed about 2 games for the duped Championship outfit ! Nothing should really come as a surprise from this guy .

the cheating moneygrabbing shitehawk resigned.

80,000 reasons why he owes us, while we owe him (and his scummy new club) nothing, apart from our collective contempt, dislike and disgust for ever more.

oxygen thief.

That 80K could have kept Erskine, the risk of being sued could stop us hanging on to Lawless, he's a despicable money grabbing fud. I wish him every failure in football from now, we took a chance on him when his career was ending, we stood by him when he broke his leg, we put him through his coaching badges, we gave him his break in management, we stuck by him when his 1st term results were pretty poor, and he stabs the club and its fans in the back.

• Like 1

This chancers's career is littered with incidents of back- stabbing and general shoddiness in dealings with others in the profession . He has clearly endured a loyalty bypass ! I recall from Celtic supporting friends the stramash at the time when he engineered a move from Parkhead ... He trousered a lucrative signing on fee at Wolves ..and then payed about 2 games for the duped Championship outfit ! Nothing should really come as a surprise from this guy .

I thought he got all his integrity and honour from his father -- was there not a massive arslikan piece in a paper a while back praising what a great man McNamara is?

• Members

I presume he had a promotion clause built into his contract. Damn cheek trying to cash in on it though. I hope other Clubs are looking carefully at the sort of thing he is capable of. He's making himself un-emloyable very quickly IMO.