Forbes And Doolan Told To Get.....

Lindau

Agree on all said by NS. CDF will be a hugely important trio for us next season, and all have the potential to terrorise opposition. Dools could be even more prolific in the SPL, hugely intelligent player with fantastic touch and awareness that can only get better, Forbes can prove MFC and others wrong and show he does have what it takes to perform at SPL level consistently, while wee terrier Craigen could be a revelation if he continues his rate of progress with us. Extremely pleased at this triple signing news

• Like 3

Great news! Think the SPL will suit Forbes's game better than Div 1. Doolan I fully expect to thrive due to his excellent first touch and close control and Craigen is only going to improve on the player we saw at the end of the season.

Just hope SOD will be next...

if more re-signing news is expected this week, am I right in saying O'Donnell is the only other 1st team player out of contract? well him and McMillan?

First team: O'Donnell, McMillan, Elliott, Scully, Campbell.

The rest: Wightman, Brown, Sekhon, Keenan, McLean, Moffat, Wilson, Black.

Edited by ThickAsThieves

Keenan, Wilson and Black have signed new deals; the rest of the youth boys are goners.

Not true.

"Today we are delighted to be able to announce that a further three graduates of the Thistle youth development programme have joined the Club on a full-time basis.

It is a warm welcome, therefore, to Lee Gallagher, Jordan Leyden and Liam Lindsay, all of whom have signed two year contracts with the Club."

And today

With an under 20 side to fill next season Thistle have been linked with a number of younger of players and the manager was able to give us an update on the progress on that front.

“We’re interested in quite a few although there is nothing in concrete yet. We’ve been linked with quite a few players and we do need to fill virtually a full team. We’ve already got about 5 or 6 that were already here signed up and just like the first team players, who have a chance to play in the SPL; they have a chance to play in the under 20 league where the standard is that wee bit better.”

Edited by kni

Any progress and update on the proposed contract extensions with Balatoni,Muirhead,Bannigan, Sinclair

Would love to see them all extend now

Or would the Club be looking to receive a bid for 1 or 2 of them in the close season

What do our supporters think ?

Any progress and update on the proposed contract extensions with Balatoni,Muirhead,Bannigan, Sinclair

Would love to see them all extend now

Or would the Club be looking to receive a bid for 1 or 2 of them in the close season

What do our supporters think ?

I'd much rather keep every one of them. On extended contracts.

• Like 3

Nothing that concrete to back this up save knowing, mostly anecdotally, how well he represents the Club off the field and with his obvious commitment on the pitch I reckon Kris Doolan is one of the most professional players we've had in many years.

I honestly can't see a downside to this re-signing. I really feel Kris will get goals in the SPL but even if he falls short of his potential he'll contribute more than enough in support. His work rate and close control are both unquestionably excellent. Getting him signed up for two years is just superb.

• Like 1

• Members

Not true.

??? Can't see from that link you've posted kni, what Armand has said isn't true? Armand says that, Wightman, Brown, Sekhon, McLean, Moffat, are "goners" and the link you've posted says that Lindsay, Leyden and Gallagher have signed 2 year deals last June???

I’m delighted to get things sorted. It’s obviously different from last season when I waited for a long time. As soon as the contract was offered I accepted straight away.

Ross Forbes said that yesterday evening. Different to what Archie has said.

Ross Forbes said that yesterday evening. Different to what Archie has said.

I work with a guy who's friends with Forbes and he said that he was desperate to sign a new deal. He told me this about 6 weeks ago after the club intimated to him that they would be offering a deal.

I was surprised to see that it had taken him so long to sign, but his comments are in line with what my workmate had said about him.

Today's ET confirms we've offered Elliott a deal but that there is interest from England in Mcmillan.

Also features a bizarre photo of Archibald, Doolan, and Forbes posing on a John Deere at the side of the pitch.

Looking at the photo of all the earth they must have dug up. Does it not make you wonder if they could have landscaped the Bing with it?