Looking Bad For Hearts

London Exile

SPL looking at this next Monday. If UBIG are put into administration today, then probably Hearts will lose points for this season, so Dundee will survive. Interesting few days ahead!

Not sure, but I would think that any points deducted after the full time whistle at Sundays games will be for next season. It would be very unfair to retrospectively deduct points for a season completed especially as of now, Hearts are still in business and have not filed for any administration.

What happens though if Hearts don't survive the summer ? A prescident was set last year that the 2nd team in SFL1 takes their place, but Morton don't have a compliant stadium, if that were to happen, would Dundee survive and get the benefit 2 years running, or would the offer drop down to 3rd placed Falkirk.

Interesting to see how all this pans out, but I don't see any outcome that doesn't help or chances of survival next year.

• Like 1

Do Hearts have any football debts and/or are wages been honoured to date? Is there an application by HMRC, or another outstanding creditor, for a winding up order been lodged?

Got a feeling if it can't be proved they've been trading illegally and as they've not been reliant on money coming in from UBIG that they'll somehow survive this season.

Not sure, but I would think that any points deducted after the full time whistle at Sundays games will be for next season. It would be very unfair to retrospectively deduct points for a season completed especially as of now, Hearts are still in business and have not filed for any administration.

What happens though if Hearts don't survive the summer ? A prescident was set last year that the 2nd team in SFL1 takes their place, but Morton don't have a compliant stadium, if that were to happen, would Dundee survive and get the benefit 2 years running, or would the offer drop down to 3rd placed Falkirk.

Interesting to see how all this pans out, but I don't see any outcome that doesn't help or chances of survival next year.

Morton had agreed a deal with St Mirren to share SMP if Cappielow was not ready. Presumably, that deal could be resurrected if necessary.

Dundee staying up presumably they will ensure they spend money to survive does not help us.. Hearts remaining in the SPL on the other hand will be very much weakened with players leaaving and/or possible points deduction so I am definetly hoping for Hearts to survive

Dundee staying up presumably they will ensure they spend money to survive does not help us.. Hearts remaining in the SPL on the other hand will be very much weakened with players leaaving and/or possible points deduction so I am definetly hoping for Hearts to survive

It all depends on how much debt Hearts will have. It is likely that the club and Tynecastle will be sold at a discount to pay creditors. They could be sold cheaply like Rangers and Ibrox.

If UBIG and by association, Hearts file for administration today before 5pm then they'll have done so within the current season so the points deduction will not be retrospective.

If UBIG avoid admin today and enter it sometime after that then the points deduction will be for next season. The timing of the SPL meeting and subsequent points deduction is largely irrelevant, it's the timing of entering administration that is key.

If UBIG and by association, Hearts file for administration today before 5pm then they'll have done so within the current season so the points deduction will not be retrospective.

If UBIG avoid admin today and enter it sometime after that then the points deduction will be for next season. The timing of the SPL meeting and subsequent points deduction is largely irrelevant, it's the timing of entering administration that is key.

and whether the SPL decide to make up the rules as they go along as they have done previously......

• Like 1

and whether the SPL decide to make up the rules as they go along as they have done previously......

I think the rules are a bit clearer after the goings on with Rangers last year.

There will be arguments over the actual point hearts went into admin though. Some are saying that UBIG's admission to the government that they can no longer function is the beginning of it which would ultimately mean relegation for Hearts.

I'm sure they'll disagree and hope any formal entry into admin is next week.

If the saga drags on like last year, Dundee may learn their fate late and again be unprepared.

I couldn't give a rats ass about Hearts.

They are a horrible club with many many sectarian fans. I've lived in Edinburgh in the past for a good few years, worked in Hearts pubs in my student days and have found them to be the equal of the h uns. Ask them why they take union jacks to games? (a flag that contains none of their club's colours)

My personal preference is for them to go into administration after the season finishes, thereby giving us a 17 point start over them and the chance to hammer them at least 3 times.

• Like 1

Gonna be a bit of a knock for the SPL if there second biggest team gets relegated/goes proper bust and with rangers not going to return for 2 years. How long can scottish football at its present level last?

Edited by mrD

Interesting scenario is that Hearts can be deducted a 1/3 of their points total this season or next season depending on when they go into administration.

If Hearts appeal, the appeals panel can only issue a maximum penalty of 10 points. I'm guessing this scenario was not updated at the time?

Also will there be a vote who will go up/stay in the SPL should Hearts go down?

Would prefer a trip to Tynecastle than Dens or another trip to St Mirren Park or Cappielow. Obviously Morton up would be best from a playing side of things?

Gonna be a bit of a knock for the SPL if there second biggest team gets relegated/goes proper bust and with rangers not going to return for 2 years. How long can scottish football at its present level last?

Quite easily I'd imagine. Most of the money Rangers make goes to Rangers (as with Celtic) - and this season has shown that they can survive without the little extra TV money there might have been available if they'd been in the SPL. (Again most of that money goes to the Old Firm).

Why would anyone think that losing a club that is millions in debt (talking about hearts now) is going to damage the SPL. If it means clubs have to cut their cloth to meet the new situation again, then that's good long term for the league. What difference would no Hearts really make to the league?

• Like 2

• Members

You could well be right Mr B.

From a selfish point of view, we wont miss what we haven't had, however the likes of Hibs would suffer badly without the Edinburgh derby. I'd imagine other Clubs enjoy the away support that Hearts bring. I say that however without any knowledge of what their away support is like these days.

I suspect if the SPL Clubs vote on Hearts fate, they'll consider the financial implications ahead of anything else and if it's a choice between Hearts or Morton, they'll pick Hearts.