Firhill Brick

I am surprised they have never re-promoted the buy a brick campaign. I know that every now and then as I enter the turnstiles I touch the brick I bought for my Dad for luck. He's been dead for over ten years now but it makes me smile and remember him when I see it. I recently turned fifty and I'm sure my wife would have bought one for me so my son can do the same when I slip this mortal coil.

I'm sure there are lost of others who would feel the same as sadly many a Jags fan has passed in the interim years since they last did this. It was a good way of raising money but for myself it's also honouring the legacy of supporting the Jags my father gave to me (or is that a curse?) and I think many others would want this too.

• Like 4

I was looking at the bricks before the Dunfermline game & wondered the same thing. Maybe one for 'One Thistle' to look in to?

Not sure why OneThistle would do that. This is the Jags Trusts remit.

I'd be interested in knowing how it came about that there is a "stand alone" brick about 4 times the size of everyone elses on its own. on the wall of the JHS... who gave authority for that to happen?

is this now something thats available to everyone? like a "super brick" ?

• Members

Thinking about it, did it really ever stop? IIRC, there had to be a certain amount of requests for a brick to be made before it was financially viable for it to happen. By the time the Club or the Trust (or whoever was running it, don't remember exactly) paid for the tradesman to do the work it was going to be very expensive to just do one at a time, hence it was done in groups of bricks. It may be worthwhile contacting the Trust to see if they are responsible for it.

I've just sent one of the Trust reps a message about this. I'll let everyone know what they're situation is re the bricks.

Thinking about it, did it really ever stop? IIRC, there had to be a certain amount of requests for a brick to be made before it was financially viable for it to happen. By the time the Club or the Trust (or whoever was running it, don't remember exactly) paid for the tradesman to do the work it was going to be very expensive to just do one at a time, hence it was done in groups of bricks. It may be worthwhile contacting the Trust to see if they are responsible for it.

I've just sent one of the Trust reps a message about this. I'll let everyone know what they're situation is re the bricks.

It was the responsibility of the Membership Secretary, previously Will.

I am afraid that even the mention of " The Jags Trust " to many Thistle supporters still has a negative effect due to their " Closed Shop " behaviour. So anything organised by this discredited Clique is simply a "No-No" as far as I'm concerned but on the other hand ------

Not sure why OneThistle would do that. This is the Jags Trusts remit.

I'd be interested in knowing how it came about that there is a "stand alone" brick about 4 times the size of everyone elses on its own. on the wall of the JHS... who gave authority for that to happen?

is this now something thats available to everyone? like a "super brick" ?

Back when I was on the JT board there was a request in relation to (IIRC) a handful of bricks which had been purchased but not yet been masoned. The main issue was cost of getting a tradesman in to do it. I don't remember if it was ever followed-through with.

I believe the two above quotes are linked, though I would need to double check that, as it wasn't myself that dealt with it.

I'll certainly look into the situation in regards to getting new bricks put up, but of course would require the ongoing support of the club to make it happen.

Maybe they'll buy one to thank us for paying half of Lawless' jaw operation... :fan:

Cheers PT. I've asked various questions about it so hopefully hear a bit more soon about it.

Will if you hear anything concrete (pardon the pun) would you let me know....been thinking about this and my Dad and Grandad were both jags sadly now passed away..but would really like one as a kinda memorial to them both.

• Like 1