Singing Section V Celtic

Partick75

I was in the North stand for every Home game last season, l can understand the reason for the move under safety reasons if the Green Brigade as on prior occasions in big derby matches !! set flares off and the main stand being a wood built stand this could have serious problems, we do not want another Bradford incident. If this is the case and the Police have insisted this has to happen the club have to come out and tell the fans the reasoning for this change, if it is for money reasons just tell us, we just want clarity !!

I was in the North stand for every Home game last season, l can understand the reason for the move under safety reasons if the Green Brigade as on prior occasions in big derby matches !! set flares off and the main stand being a wood built stand this could have serious problems, we do not want another Bradford incident. If this is the case and the Police have insisted this has to happen the club have to come out and tell the fans the reasoning for this change, if it is for money reasons just tell us, we just want clarity !!

So why can't the Green Brigade go in the JHS?

I'd say your judgement probably is clouded by that fact, mate. it's only been used for a season, therefore to give it up so early in its life devalues it and sets a precedent for future seasons. like someone said, would the same thing happen in the kop?

we don't get folk getting upset about the JH stand getting used as this was seen as an amicable solution to allow the singing section to move to the north stand. the jackie husband stand was half empty every week, so no one was needing to move to create an away section. we don't get upset about the main stand being used because otherwise it lies empty.

i'm struggling to understand how the club will gain financially, by giving up the north stand. but i'm sure you're aware of celtic's travelling numbers in the west of scotland etc. can you clarify how we will gain financially?

The view has absolutely no bearing on it. infact i would say it has the best view in the ground for the north goals.

what worse shit has there been in the past, that didn't merit this level of "nonsense"? rather than using it as a stick to beat north stand fans with, maybe suggest that this issue is with people in the past, not been proactive enough when these worse things, you don't describe, were happening?

If the police have told the club what do you want them to do? they pull the strings Davie surely you must know this as they made the rule re no under 16s? I would concede though it has been purely communicated.

I still can't see why folk are talking boycotts and petitions...its ONE game(at the most 2)...it will be easier for the police I would imagine so Im not in agreement with this is the end of the world patter...it actually makes me chuckle some of the stuff I've read on this thread...one thing I would agree with is charge the feckers the same as they charge us at that east end tip

It does not matter whether it's one game or 10 games. It's our stand. Why should we move for the biggest game of the season? Why are the club not telling people this when they buy their season ticket for the North Stand?

The atmosphere at Firhill was rank for the last few seasons. A few people took the plunge last year and switched to the North Stand to try and do something a bit different and try to create a match day experience at home again. We took a season getting people to try it out and convert them to the North stand. So why should we not get to keep our stand for the biggest game of the season next year?

You sum it up for me though - you did it once or twice so you don't really get why people are upset which seems to be the general reaction of people on here and twitter, which is disappointing.

It's our stand and the sooner the club clear this up the better,

Well then every Celtic fan should be searched before entering the ground. Flares are illegal in football grounds, therefore anyone carrying one and attempting to enter the ground should be arrested.

What sort of idiot lights a flare in a wooden stand anyway?

It does not matter whether it's one game or 10 games. It's our stand. Why should we move for the biggest game of the season? Why are the club not telling people this when they buy their season ticket for the North Stand?

The atmosphere at Firhill was rank for the last few seasons. A few people took the plunge last year and switched to the North Stand to try and do something a bit different and try to create a match day experience at home again. We took a season getting people to try it out and convert them to the North stand. So why should we not get to keep our stand for the biggest game of the season next year?

You sum it up for me though - you did it once or twice so you don't really get why people are upset which seems to be the general reaction of people on here and twitter, which is disappointing.

It's our stand and the sooner the club clear this up the better,

aye but a boycott and a petition will not swing it with the cozzers..FACT

Well then every Celtic fan should be searched before entering the ground. Flares are illegal in football grounds, therefore anyone carrying one and attempting to enter the ground should be arrested.

answer your own question here eh?

This is my point I've been trying to get across tho' not so much "the fans" but the public at large being told. How can anyone whether it's our club, the police or the football authorities explain publicly the reason for this without condemning Celtic fans as worse behaved as all other SPL fans?

In fact the more I think of it this could be interpreted by the knuckledraggers as "we're shifting you into the north Stand as it's safer for lighting flares in that stand"

This is my point I've been trying to get across tho' not so much "the fans" but the public at large being told. How can anyone whether it's our club, the police or the football authorities explain publicly the reason for this without condemning Celtic fans as worse behaved as all other SPL fans?

In fact the more I think of it this could be interpreted by the knuckledraggers as "we're shifting you into the north Stand as it's safer for lighting flares in that stand"

I think they may have concerns re segregation in the JHS also

you're missing the point... there are 1800 seats in the JHS directly infront of police control...

give me one good reason why these flare carrying thugs can't be put in the JHS?

Because that would seriously hack off anyone who buys a season ticket in the JHS.

Surprised you can remember the single occasion you were in the north stand to be honest.

Also can't believe some folk on this thread won't acknowledge the impact that the north stand had on the team's performances last year. We backed the team every single game and did the singing for the whole stadium, can any of you guys say you did the same? Every single player commented on it, as did Archie and even McNamara. Losing that for the celtic game will give them a clear advantage right away. It took a lot of faith for all the fans to move across to the north stand. Being told through the grapevine that we are to have that taken away from us for the biggest game of the season just isn't fair, and is totally unnecessary.

Don't forget that the match officials will also be expected to make sure that the "special" team are treated as such.

Am I right in thinking that the jungleites will have their own stewards at the match too?

It's at times like this I wish I was a billionaire, I'd just wap a hundred grand down on the table in return for the club officially banning them "as a result of the actions of May 2013".

Meanwhile, back in the real world...

Hate to see Jags fans being drawn into conflict with each other like this.

The "not knowing" how it's come to this is leading, inevitably, to all sorts of conjecture and general frustration.

It's all very disappointing. It's to be hoped that the communication breakdown is a one-off mis-step and good board-fan relations can continue unharmed.

It just doesn't maked good sense to demotivate so many of your volunteer workforce, not to mention your general customer base.

So come on Thistle, sort it out!

• Like 1

Am I missing something??? Are flares not banned from grounds (and I dont mean the trousers, given Selliks fans sense of dress !!). After what happened the last time they were at our ground every feckin one of them should be searched even if it means the game kicking off at 4.00

What will happen when we qualify for Europe! Those Italian fans are Flares daft!

I was under the impression that Celtic fans where getting the North Stand and the North end of the J.H. Stand when I was in paying for my season ticket. If this is right its far to much.

• Like 1

you're missing the point... there are 1800 seats in the JHS directly infront of police control...

give me one good reason why these flare carrying thugs can't be put in the JHS?

Not sure if anyone else has replied as I've not read all posts yet, BUT, because the police will not allow C*****c fans to be in a mixed stand (unless I'm very much mistaken)