Singing Section V Celtic

Partick75

This confusion needs to be addressed as soon as possible.

If we are saying the Main Stand isn't good enough for away fans but is for home fans then that would take some explaining.

I still think North End of JH is best solution. Last year we had pretty large Dunfermline and Morton supports in there which will be similar to most SPL crowds.

No IMHO its that a team known for taking flares to the match have been picked out for those reasons

I bought my ticket over the phone, when I said I'd be sitting in the north stand I was advised I didn't need to reserve a seat and I wasn't offered one in the JHS either.

I was told that if you don't have a reserved seat then you'll be allocated one in the main stand for the Celtic games.

I'm glad I got my mate to reserve two seats in the JHS, just in case ;)

This getting a bit farcical now and taking away from our return to the top flight. Policing, Health and Safety, unsafe Stand. It all seems nonsense after the full-house in April against Morton.

Sadly it seems to be down to the Glasgow cup final showing up deficiencies in policing the arse cheek. However it was mostly young fans(16-21) who were causing the bother who probably won't even get a ticket for the match.

I'm sure at the first Arr Craib cup Celtic fans were in the excellent main stand as well as the Northy before it was purified?

You don't need to reserve a seat & many don't, even those who only plan to sit in the JH Stand.

So I show up each week hoping for the best failing that I get to look for a half decent seat in the JHS, great way to treat season ticket holders.

I shouldn't need to reserve a seat anyways if the club stick to their word this wont be an issue.

I was told that if you don't have a reserved seat then you'll be allocated one in the main stand for the Celtic games.

I bought my ticket before all the Celtic stuff came out.

Edited by little_miss_jag

OK, I know we don't sell out Firhill but have I got this right? There's likely to be a fair percentage of ST holders who intend to go to the North Stand every match permitted who have seats reserved in the JHS?

Sounding a tad hypocritical as I'd probably do the same myself but I can foresee a few problems arising on the busier days. This based on the presumption that there's a considerable increase in season ticket sales.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Feeling flush are we? Can you lend us a few quid 'n all?

Temporary stands are pretty cheap actually and if it adds 500 for the big games then it could nearly pay for itself. Thanks for the offer to lend you money but I think I'll pass

Temporary stands are pretty cheap actually and if it adds 500 for the big games then it could nearly pay for itself. Thanks for the offer to lend you money but I think I'll pass

a tad simplistic i think, you going to pay for the flattening of the bings and the cost for removal of said spoil as well, nice thought but too expensive i think

just out of interest how cheap is it then?

Edited by jaggybunnet

a tad simplistic i think, you going to pay for the flattening of the bings and the cost for removal of said spoil as well, nice thought but too expensive i think

No need to flatten the bing, why would you do that for a six row temp stand?. There is a flat area in front that could be used. Granted a small area of spoil may have to be removed for the back columns. I also expect the existing foundations for the terrace are still in place and could be utilised.

No need to flatten the bing, why would you do that for a six row temp stand?. There is a flat area in front that could be used. Granted a small area of spoil may have to be removed for the back columns. I also expect the existing foundations for the terrace are still in place and could be utilised.

think not, sixth photo down a fair slope which as you say would have existing foundations for the terrace and a bugger to get rid of.

http://www.myfootbal...le-v-raith.html

any luck with the prices?

and we haven't even got into the cost and chance of getting a safety cert for it

Edited by jaggybunnet

These figures suggest that (with the obvious exception of the Celtic game) the North stand could be segregated for to accommodate both home and away fans.

True, but perhaps more to the point, the figures suggest that all away supports except Celtic could be accommodated in the Main Stand (with anywhere between one and nine seats per head) which would offer complete segregation from the home support.

In other words, it would be pretty much like the second Dunfermline or Morton games (with the exception of the small number of Morton fans seated in the north end of the JH stand). The latter was a huge game of crucial importance to both sides and passed without significant off-field incident (as far as I know).

Most likely, all our SPL fixtures except the first against Celtic will see smaller crowds than the Morton game. There is absolutely no reason not to house away fans in the main stand. Even Celtic fans!

Edited by David Stevenson

think not, sixth photo down a fair slope which as you say would have existing foundations for the terrace and a bugger to get rid of.

http://www.myfootbal...le-v-raith.html

any luck with the prices?

and we haven't even got into the cost and chance of getting a safety cert for it

Existing foundations may be suitable to put a lightweight structure on. Any excavations may be localised only. Regarding cost there are a number of manufacturers out there and it's easy to get an idea of the cost of these structures from a quick browse online. Probably only worth doing if you think it's a good idea which you clearly don't

True, but perhaps more to the point, the figures suggest that all away supports except Celtic could be accommodated in the Main Stand (with anywhere between one and nine seats per head) which would offer complete segregation from the home support.

In other words, it would be pretty much like the second Dunfermline or Morton games (with the exception of the small number of Morton fans seated in the north end of the JH stand). The latter was a huge game of crucial importance to both sides and passed without significant off-field incident (as far as I know).

Most likely, all our SPL fixtures except the first against Celtic will see smaller crowds than the Morton game. There is absolutely no reason not to house away fans in the main stand. Even Celtic fans!

All good points. The Police or security guards could search the Celtic fans for flares.

The key stat for St Mirren figures was that Killie took over 2,000 fans to Paisley! They could fill the North Stand if they brought a similar number to Firhill.

Our fixture list has two homes against the 5 clubs with the biggest away supports. Motherwell have a bigger away support than the Arabs. Should be a cracking atmosphere at Firhill this season!

All good points. The Police or security guards could search the Celtic fans for flares.

The key stat for St Mirren figures was that Killie took over 2,000 fans to Paisley! They could fill the North Stand if they brought a similar number to Firhill.

Our fixture list has two homes against the 5 clubs with the biggest away supports. Motherwell have a bigger away support than the Arabs. Should be a cracking atmosphere at Firhill this season!

It will be if we keep the north stand!

• Like 1

This is getting ridiculous now. If the Main Stand hadn't been opened for years then you could excuse a bit of confusion and miscommunication over summer but it was full 2 months ago with Morton fans and was used a couple of other times as well last season. If it was safe for them why is it not safe for everyone else.

It is either incompetence or a lack of balls to come out and say exactly what the problem is and deal with that problem in the best way for Jags fans.

• Like 1

The St Mirren figures are interesting. Does anyone know if there were any special pricing days there? St Mirren v Killie is a sort of derby game these days but I think the Buddies themselves will bring a good sized crowd to Firhill.

I've always thought in general the Arabs travelled in larger numbers than Well fans but the latter being closer to Firhill will make a big difference.

The St Mirren figures are interesting. Does anyone know if there were any special pricing days there? St Mirren v Killie is a sort of derby game these days but I think the Buddies themselves will bring a good sized crowd to Firhill.

I've always thought in general the Arabs travelled in larger numbers than Well fans but the latter being closer to Firhill will make a big difference.

Think the St Mirren v Killie crowd will be more down to it being the New Years game more than anything. Interesting that it was also St Mirren's largest home crowd.

I would expect St Mirren and Killie to be the biggest away supports at Firhill next season (outside Celtic), with around 1500-2000 coming depending on how the season is going. Similarly I would imagine they would see the largest Thistle away crowds at those games as well, unless there is a particularly big game for us. Aberdeen, who look like assembling a very competitive team, would also be capable of bringing a similar support down the road with them and the Arabs would probably be over 1000 for the opening game.

How much does the Main Stand hold again? I have in my head is around 2300 with North Stand just a touch over 2000?

Existing foundations may be suitable to put a lightweight structure on. Any excavations may be localised only. Regarding cost there are a number of manufacturers out there and it's easy to get an idea of the cost of these structures from a quick browse online. Probably only worth doing if you think it's a good idea which you clearly don't

no i do, i just don't think it would be financially viable at the moment but def somthing we should be looking at long term with a small permenant stand

The Club sold the city end off to "thistle minded investors". Any development on that front will be on their terms and investment.

Regarding the City End anyway, I noticed the Club were cleaning it up. A couple of weeks ago I saw around 1/3 of it had all the grass stripped off the slope.

I very much doubt there has ever been foundations for the city end. Like many Scottish football terraces of that era, they were simple cast insitu concrete slabs on an earth mound. I would be very surprised if there was anything left that could be utilised for a modern structure.

That said, it could be possible to construct a very simple stand ( if an old school terrace was allowed) on a similar ground bearing slab and erect a cantilever roof over the terrace.

• Members

I hear Beattie wasn't at the meetings discussing where the fans would be seated and has picked up wrongly what's happening at anything other than the Celtic games. i.e. Jags fans will be in the North Stand for the rest of the games.

My view is that unless there's some really compelling reason to have the away support in the North Stand, other than for the 2 Celtic games, it will be as you were last Season.