First Game

Jag

Initial positive for me, looking at projected budgets, is that we have two guaranteed home games against Celtic, Hearts, Hibs, United and Aberdeen, who all travel in good numbers, and Killie, who I imagine will travel in good numbers for that game. We only have one home game against St Johnstone, Ross County and Inverness, who travel in much smaller numbers.

Obviously this will change post-split but for budgeting this may just help Archie bring in one extra player...

More excited about this than the cup final or Morton game. Can not wait.

Plus Hearts as game two at home. Season ticket is going to be good this year! 6 points please and a flying home start.

I notice the teams we play twice at home before the split are quite difficult but this means the split could see us with some favourable home ties. Not that any game will be easy.

These fixture lists are, of course, completely generated at random with no human input whatsoever....

A computer with a sense of justice and humour! Guaranteed a bumper crowd with a lot of neutrals coming along to enjoy the "banter".

The fixture list is as good as we could have expected. Two home games against Celtic will help the club's finances, both gate and television money. The away game at Parkhead is on New Year's Day - great day for the derby.

We don't have two home games against with low travelling support, i.e. ICT, County and Saints. The club and fans should be delighted with this list.

Edited by kni

First reactions to our fixtures are they're particularly user friendly for those of us who go to away games. Two trips to Edinburgh are the furthest from Glasgow in Dec, Jan & Feb. The one visit to Aberdeen and the four jaunts up the A9 should be OK weather-wise, Important if you're booking in advance.

Tho' we're lucky in having one more home game I'm not sure that the teams we'll be playing twice away from home won't be the teams that'll be our closest league rivals but that's a topic for the future.

Another thing that's just occurred to me is the clubs who bring the least support St Johnstone, County & ICT only visit once for now anyway. That must mean there's every likelihood of better than anticipated home crowds. Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen all visiting a couple of times should bring far better than average crowds plus we'll have the pyrotechnic crew twice as well. More cash for Archie, Mr B :thumbsup2:

edited to add apologies to MP who made a similar point earlier :thumbsup2:

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett