Transfer Targets

ForeverandEver

It's amazing what three red cards in one season can do to a player's reputation.

I suppose people will claim his experience, even when not on the park had no positive influence and impact to the team as a whole last season?

It wasn't just his red cards, I felt that in nearly every game he became a liability past 60 minutes. He looked like he tired and started to perform poorly mentally and physically. To be honest I don't think I'm able to forgive that red card at Morton which could have cost us the title.

I've got no idea whether or not he had a positive influence behind the scenes.

It wasn't just his red cards, I felt that in nearly every game he became a liability past 60 minutes. He looked like he tired and started to perform poorly mentally and physically. To be honest I don't think I'm able to forgive that red card at Morton which could have cost us the title.

I've got no idea whether or not he had a positive influence behind the scenes.

Was lucky enough to speak to a lot of the players through the course of the season and to a man, they had nothing but positives to say about his attitude, influence both in the dressing room and on the park.

Off the park... Pre season the fixtures are out and McNamara is telling the squad, we'll look to take a win and a draw in our first two games... Murray stood up and said, no chance. We go out and win them. And we win every game after it. We lay down a marker and tell every team, from the off, we are the team to beat, and that we won't be beaten.

Edited by potty trained
  • Like 2

On the park, I was told players loved him being in the team, they knew if they got in trouble, he was always there to take the ball and help them out of trouble. It gave them the confidence to play at there best knowing he was there as a get out.

You make good case. Someone said he looked down and out after 60 minutes, well why not have him in the team for 50-60 mins then sub him? Especially in the early games when we'll need that wee bit extra experience until the younger players adjust.

Also a good case for him being made player-coach too if he really has that much influence.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Even when Paton got injured Murray never came into the team.

Probably because he was injured. Broken foot in training, I think.

That said, I'm not really convinced about his ability for the SPL given St Mirren got rid of him 12 months ago and he's not going to have improved any at his age. Probably still worth having around the club but not as a regular starter.

If that's true, pay-as-you-play might just be worth the gamble. Plus it'd let our young players see first hand how it could all go tits up if you're a fud.

He's not played in a year and has had pishy short spells at a Chinese club, St. Johnstone and Bristol City. Could we be the club to get his career back on track? Most likely not.

I see bbc gossip saying three SPL clubs are chasing to get Goodwillie on loan. Would be a top signing. Perhaps our young team, that likes to pass the ball style of football, could attract him. Would also be our number 1 striker, where as at other bigger clubs he might be their number 2.

Prefer him over riordan - although would be very pleased with either.