I reckon we can and will take them.

The last time the clubs met Casalinuovo blatantly punched the ball into the net after DU were struggling in the game.

The teams were-

Us: Tuffey, Paton, Robertson, Maxwell (Erskine 63), Archibald, Cairney, Adams, Rowson, Corcoran, Lovell (Buchanan 68), Donnelly.

Dundee Utd: Pernis, Kovacevic, Kenneth, Webster, Dixon, David Robertson (Swanson 80), Gomis, Buaben, Conway, Daly (Goodwillie 70), Casalinuovo.

I reckon that's a better DU team than they have now. Guys like Gomis, Buaben, Swanson and Conway were all playing in the Championship last season; and we clearly have a much better team now than then.

Believe!!

Edited by The Cup
  • Like 2

This is a bigger game than the 5-1 Dunfermline game

It certainly feels that way. Strange to look back on the 5-1 game now and realise that in the greater scheme of things it didn't matter that much more than any of our wins around that time. On the other hand the last Morton game I rate as the biggest/most important game since Peterhead. I just can't think of Friday night as quite as crucial but it's a huge game nonetheless.

If it wasn't for very recent history I'd be happy enough with a draw just to kick off the season. I just hope the players don't get too caught up in things. Big game as it undoubtedly is it will be very unlikely to be anything like the biggest match we'll play in this coming season.

I don't see any reason to be overly concerned about getting beat. This is a Jackie McNamara team away from home, remember them?

You never know whats going to happen in the opening game of the season, did anyone see us comfortably beating one of the favourites for the league on the opening game of last season?

I'm both nervous and excited, there is absolutely nothing to fear about this game.

• Like 4

Dundee United's Twitter giving prices out for the game? not seen it, but it seems we are charging them £2 more than we charge home fans.

I had a quick look at the OS and there's nothing about the DU game yet (apart from listed as the next game). If they didn't get this from someone at their club leaking details we passing on to their club then this must just be made up. If so then no doubt when the real prices come out they'll claim fan power got them a reduction.

Nothing on DU site either.

Edited by Mr Bunny

http://ptfc.co.uk/matchday/admission_prices

Admission prices for home league games in season 2013-2014 are as follows (please note prices and arrangements may change for All Ticket fixtures).

Jackie Husband Stand

Adults £20

Concessions (Over 65, Students, Unemployed, Disabled + Carer) £14

Under 16s FREE

North Stand (over 16s only)

Adults £20

Concessions £14 (Over 65, Students, Unemployed, Disabled + Carer)

Main Stand (Away Support)

Adults £22

Concessions (Over 65s, Students, Disabled + Carer) £15

Under 16s FREE*

*A limited number of free tickets for under 16s will be made available to visiting supporters. Once that allocation has been used admission for under 16s will be £5.

For the Dundee United fixture on Friday August 2nd it is cash at the turnstile for all areas of the stadium.

I can't begin to describe the euphoria I will experience when the final whistle sounds and the anticipated outcome has materialised. I'll be glued to the expected 'live feed' thread on here throughout. There will be one, won't there?

And I know we as fans should be keeping a cool head and focusing exclusively on the action on the park etc., but I do sincerely hope that Snakey gets ultra-high magnitude dogs abuse. I'll never forgive that so&so for the disrespect he showed our club. Sure, he'll be expecting it, but let the reality exceed his worst expectations.

Monni Thistle. Intaerrum.

• Like 1

Think the game will be really tight to be honest.

This Turkish guy that they've signed looks to be a real player.

Incidentally, united supporting mate that I spoke to last night says that the fans aren't convinced by Erskine, but love Paton to bits already.