I wonder if advertising, is what they have in mind on the construction at the bing end. It would allow for lots of signs across it and being behind the goal could be a pivotal spot for this on tv.

Apparently that is what it's for... Although being honest, it's situated quite high up the bing, so not really in view of the camera when there's goal mouth action. Maybe I'm wrong, I'm sure they thought that through before erecting the scaffold.

Maybe we could think about getting Shorts sponsors for this season, seen as we don't seem to have got Braehead to renew yet?

• Like 1

I don't mind us charging away fans more or not letting their under-16s in for free. What the club should've done is make it known to to the wider public that we'll let their kids in for free if they let ours in for free. We'll charge the adults £20 if you charge our adults £20. That would be taking the moral high ground, leading by example, etc.

Changing it on the hoof 2 days before kick off and saying none of this just means its a shambles.

I don't mind us charging away fans more or not letting their under-16s in for free. What the club should've done is make it known to to the wider public that we'll let their kids in for free if they let ours in for free. We'll charge the adults £20 if you charge our adults £20. That would be taking the moral high ground, leading by example, etc.

Changing it on the hoof 2 days before kick off and saying none of this just means its a shambles.

Say you budget for 750 adults in the away support, and your planned price of £22 has to be reduced to £20... thats a shortfall of £1500 a game income, from your budget, right?

now... £5 a head for u16's suddenly appears out of nowhere?

would it be crazy to believe that we originally agreed that we were giving clubs 300 free kids tickets for their travelling support?

Say you budget for 750 adults in the away support, and your planned price of £22 has to be reduced to £20... thats a shortfall of £1500 a game income, from your budget, right?

now... £5 a head for u16's suddenly appears out of nowhere?

would it be crazy to believe that we originally agreed that we were giving clubs 300 free kids tickets for their travelling support?

That had been posted by the club previously and on twitter

I don't know if it's been asked anywhere else, but is BT Sport free for our match? Someone told me they're giving every a free day as they launch their channel, but unsure if that's tonight or tomorrow. Would be nice to tape it and watch it back sometime but if not - oh well.

If you have BTbroadband for the house then its free all season either on SKY or online

• Like 1

Anyone thinking we should go fairly defensive tonight? The reason I say this is, think about how we played under Jackie and how we could annihilate some teams who tried to play football against us but struggled against teams that sat in. Our defense appears to be our our strength going into this season and we have players who are very good on the break and this might be our best bet tonight. I don't know hoe Dundee United play, but we often went through the middle under Jackie (and probably still do), so I'd use two sitting midfielders in front of the centre backs to really make things tight.

I'm also wondering whether Archie might want to include both McMillan and O'Donnell in the starting line up as McMillan will add a little bit more experience than O'Donnell to the back four and they're both useful players on the break, so putting O'Donnell on the right wing could work. I never saw him play there last season, those who did, how did he do?

I'd think about this line up. Should we not go with McMillan and O'Donnell in the XI, I'd bring O'Donnell to RB, put Osbourne to DM and push Bannigan up, but make the attacking midfield three quite fluid.

Fox

McMillan Muirhead Balatoni Taylor-Sinclair

Kerr Bannigan

O'Donnell Forbes Lawless

Doolan

Anyone thinking we should go fairly defensive tonight? The reason I say this is, think about how we played under Jackie and how we could annihilate some teams who tried to play football against us but struggled against teams that sat in. Our defense appears to be our our strength going into this season and we have players who are very good on the break and this might be our best bet tonight. I don't know hoe Dundee United play, but we often went through the middle under Jackie (and probably still do), so I'd use two sitting midfielders in front of the centre backs to really make things tight.

I'm also wondering whether Archie might want to include both McMillan and O'Donnell in the starting line up as McMillan will add a little bit more experience than O'Donnell to the back four and they're both useful players on the break, so putting O'Donnell on the right wing could work. I never saw him play there last season, those who did, how did he do?

Well I suppose winning 5-1 against Dunfermline and scoring what many of us consider the goal of the season answers that.

Actually it's not a bad idea. Cautious but not over defensive. It would mean another midfielder dropping out and we've no shortage of midfielders in contention for a start. Archie will more likely play two holding midfield but switching O'Donnell could be an option if both Bannigan and Welsh aren't ready to play 90mins.

Team for tonight. I'm hoping Osborne can come right in and be the sitting midfielder. Even if he's not fully match fit, getting him playing games is of benefit to him and the team. I think Archie will look to protect O'Donnell and Sinclair against the threat of Mackay Stevens and Armstrong by having Lawless and Bannigan clear on their need to sit. I'm worried that will be counter productive and make us too defensive to get up the park, but Lawless and Bannigan are smart players and good at finding space.

It's a tough choice in midfield, but I'd rather have Welsh in there ahead of Forbes. Midfield is hot competion.

I think we'll be solid and certainly up for it. I predict and 1 each draw. Feck McNamara.

Fox

O'Donnell Muirhead Balatoni Taylor-Sinclair

Osborne Fraser

Lawless Welsh Bannigan

Doolan

Seems we don't yet know what time the flag is being unfurled

Seems we don't yet know what time the flag is being unfurled

With all that's gone on with the NEW SPFL, they probably didn't notice we are playing Friday and the flag won't be delivered until Saturday morning, to unfurled at home to Hearts!

Heard told David Longmuir stole the flag in a fit of pique. He won't return it till he gets Doncaster's job, a position he claims is rightfully his. Meantime the flag is strategically draped over his gazebo in a vain attempt at keeping out midges. Apart from a couple of bird droppings and a wee burn in one corner, when Jim Ballantyne inexplicably sprayed lighting fluid over David's gas barbecue, the flag is in fine condition.

• Like 1

And he has Sevcos flag as a bed cover!

That tho' is completely understandable as he's allegedly been cuddling up to them for some time.

Looks like we can take from Archie's preview that it'll be our normal back four with Osbourne in front of them. After that it's anyone's guess what the other four midfielders will be. Doolan up on his own as usual.