Catering!

distel

First game of the new season and thought I would go against me better judgement and see if the catering had improved any. In a word no! Pie was cold and the cola I got was flat and warmer than the pie! Ah well capri sun and a packet of monster Munch next time then.

Can someone from the One Thistle please talk to Maxi our someone else from the management, about the shambles we are getting from the catering, for goodness sake can't we get this right.

I went to the stall myself my pie was cold also my coke was flat real basic stuff, 6 pounds for 2 pies and coke RIP off especially when they are cold etc.

We seem to be missing a trick here Greggs having a franchise here would be great or a mr singhs stall you may laugh but a lot better than the crap we have, apart from that the football was great.

Totally agree, was there with two youngsters, macaroni pies were horrible and they had no Capri sun, water or other juice left! This was about 20 mins into the 1st half!!! One needed the inevitable early pee and I thought I'd also get some things in early before the rush and stuff sold out! As mentioned surely a half decent firm would be intetsted in getting involved in our grub?

The catering has been absolutely dreadful for 2 years now. Yet we still get threads all the time with people moaning. It's not the club, it's an unscrupulous dodgy outsourcing company that does it. By buying a pie you are giving the club zero money. Vote with your feet, don't buy it. A mate of mine who hasn't been for years bought me a pie at half time without me asking, unsurprisingly it was ******* shite

Get scran in one of the places outside the ground. Don't be a lemming.

**** Sporting Solutions.

• Like 2

Can someone from the One Thistle please talk to Maxi our someone else from the management, about the shambles we are getting from the catering, for goodness sake can't we get this right.

I went to the stall myself my pie was cold also my coke was flat real basic stuff, 6 pounds for 2 pies and coke RIP off especially when they are cold etc.

We seem to be missing a trick here Greggs having a franchise here would be great or a mr singhs stall you may laugh but a lot better than the crap we have, apart from that the football was great.

Onethistle raised the catering issues literally every week last season, but absolutely no action was taken by the club or Sporting Solutions to improve things.

We are now in the SPL and the catering is as bad as ever, absolutely no improvement over the summer.

It's quite simple, don't buy anything from the the kiosk at Firhill. Hit this horrible, odious organisation in the pocket.

As mentioned above by flashman, there is a new cafe opened up on Garscube Road beside the Star & Garter.

They brought through pies after the game and were giving them away for free. Have to say, they looked and tasted brilliant and were still hot. A completely different planet from the one inhabited by Sporting Solutions pathetic culinary efforts.

Will definitely be eating at this place before and after games in future.

And those who are coming from the north west rather than the city centre, Jaconelli's is equally as good. Crackin wee cafe with a great history.

Let's support these local Maryhill businesses rather than rewarding Sporting Solutions for continuous failure in every department.

Edited by ian_mac
  • Like 8

Let's support these local Maryhill businesses rather than rewarding Sporting Solutions for continuous failure in every department.

Perfect summarisation.

I bought food from the new cafe beside the Star after the game on Friday. Very friendly people and great prices too. They then came in just as they were shutting and handed out free pies for folk in the Star which was a nice touch. They'll be getting my custom from now on.

Edited by northernsoul

The club really need to address this as if the "eat else where" continues and grows, when it comes to putting it out to tender when SS finish their contract there will be no catering to tender out.

Potential Caterer: So whats your average attendance

Maxi or BOD: Oh 5000 now were in the top league

Potential Caterer: Thats decent and how many times is Firhill used

Maxi or BOD: Roughly 20

Potential caterer : "Thinking" (20 x 5000 = 100000 people say 20% buy a pie and bovril thats 20000 pies at £1 mark up after costs, this could work well) Oh thats quite a lot of folk

Maxi or BOD: Yes attendances are up teams doing well

Potential Caterer: So how many pies are sold on an average Saturday

Maxi or BOD: 80, but they are handed out in hospitality at half time

Potential Caterer:You sell NO pies??

Maxi or Board: No ones been buying them for the last season and a half, but the stalls do go through a few quenchy cups and twixs on a match day

Potential Caterer: Don't call us, its not catering you need but a tuck shop

Edited by Norgethistle

Onethistle raised the catering issues literally every week last season, but absolutely no action was taken by the club or Sporting Solutions to improve things.

We are now in the SPL and the catering is as bad as ever, absolutely no improvement over the summer.

It's quite simple, don't buy anything from the the kiosk at Firhill. Hit this horrible, odious organisation in the pocket.

As mentioned above by flashman, there is a new cafe opened up on Garscube Road beside the Star & Garter.

They brought through pies after the game and were giving them away for free. Have to say, they looked and tasted brilliant and were still hot. A completely different planet from the one inhabited by Sporting Solutions pathetic culinary efforts.

Will definitely be eating at this place before and after games in future.

And those who are coming from the north west rather than the city centre, Jaconelli's is equally as good. Crackin wee cafe with a great history.

Bought a pie on Friday night. Stinking, won't be buying another one.

Having worked as a kiosk supervisor (different catering company) at the home of some manky blue mob I have experience of working in catering during football matches.

First of all any catering company at any stadium can get away with increasing prices as after all it's the only place where fans can buy food & drink once in the stadium. People will complain about prices but will still usually make a purchase.

I have bought food a few times at firhill and I do agree that sometimes the pies can be cold and dry but as customers we have the right to take the food back after a bite to swap for a replacement if not satisfied under a suitable reason. If we really aren't satisfied then next time eat somewhere else before or after the game. I mean surely we can go 90mins+half time without eating if a meal or whatever has been had before heading to the game.

Also it isn't just the quality of food that can be terrible at firhill but also the choice of what's on offer and the hygiene and service clearly displayed by the workers. No wonder the company has been under so much criticism!

Let's be honest though, we will be stuck with this catering company for a while knowing how the club works.

Edited by ptfc95

I have bought food a few times at firhill and I do agree that sometimes the pies can be cold and dry but as customers we have the right to take the food back after a bite to swap for a replacement if not satisfied under a suitable reason.

OK, but if you queue for 10 mins for something that's substandard, even relative to our normal substandard fare....

Do you go to the front of queue to complain?

Do you join the back of the line and queue for another 10 mins?

Do you miss some/more of the game complaining?

I don't know if this Sporting Solutions(?) mob know they're not getting their contract renewed so have given up offering any semblance of service and quality. Worse still maybe they know their contract will be renewed and can take us for an even bigger ride.

Back to the price hike. Surely to God our Board haven't allowed this mob to up their prices to reflect an increase in rental cost due to increased volume now we're in the top league. Surely they've some sort of price restriction written into the contract to reflect higher demand?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

OK, but if you queue for 10 mins for something that's substandard, even relative to our normal substandard fare....

Do you go to the front of queue to complain?

Do you join the back of the line and queue for another 10 mins?

Do you miss some/more of the game complaining?

I don't know if this Sporting Solutions(?) mob know they're not getting their contract renewed so have given up offering any semblance of service and quality. Worse still maybe they know their contract will be renewed and can take us for an even bigger ride.

Back to the price hike. Surely to God our Board haven't allowed this mob to up their prices to reflect an increase in rental cost due to increased volume now we're in the top league. Surely they've some sort of price restriction written into the contract to reflect higher demand?

Maybe we need to look to istall a returns queue as well at the pie stalls to speed the process up and also give the punters in the other queue a visual control on how good or bad the product is that particular day, "returns queue busy = stop standing in line the pies are crap, returns queue empty = stay in line the pies are edible (or everyones really drunk and has the munchies)

I dread to think how the contract is with SS in regards price hikes, there is obviously nothing in it regarding minimum service, quality & hygiene levels, I'm sure I heard it has one season left but knowing our luck it probably has an extension if the supplier would like it.

If the food and drink are as bad as folk say (I've only bought one flat warm coke this year) and it was certainly poor all last year then let's stop buying it. That's maybe the only way to get change. I don't like not supporting the club, in any wee way, but the caterers seem to be 'extracting the Michael', just a bit. So I'll be going to Jaconelli's, the Cube etc. from now on, as they are at least trying to give a decent service for your money. Might even start taking a piece to the game like you did when you were a wean. If more folk give the pie stall a miss, the more likely there will be change or at least and answer and the possibility of a change.

I am assuming that SS have paid us for the privelage of supplying the food from the pie stalls and they take all the profit, I wonder how much we make from the franchise

I belive it was set up much in the same way as the kit deals were. Ie a lump sum per season plus bonuses if certain sales targets are met.

Does Beattie still own Mcghees ?????????

There must have been a reason he didn't put them forward before the SS deal started, but as far as I know he's certainly still involved in McGhees.