The Great Unwashed 7pts

Tractor drivers 3pts

Snake utd 3pts

Motherhell 3pts

Embra paddies 2pts

St midden 2pts

Dingwall utd 1pt

Sevco 5089 -10pts

and that, Ladies & Gentlemen, is the reason why I never bet!

I'm very quickly gonna get sick of hardluck stories this season and the apologist on here. Striker please.

And just where is a club with the massive resources available to it like Partick Thistle, suddenly going to get this new striker? The unpalatable truth is that we're operating in the bargain basement, and its highly unlikely that we're going to find a bargain striker who'll solve all our attacking problems.

I think we've all got to be realistic, we've just narrowly lost our unbeaten record to the side who finished second in the SPL last year. Sure like everyone else I'm gutted, but its hardly a reason to toss the toys out of the pram.

• Like 3

And just where is a club with the massive resources available to it like Partick Thistle, suddenly going to get this new striker? The unpalatable truth is that we're operating in the bargain basement, and its highly unlikely that we're going to find a bargain striker who'll solve all our attacking problems.

I think we've all got to be realistic, we've just narrowly lost our unbeaten record to the side who finished second in the SPL last year. Sure like everyone else I'm gutted, but its hardly a reason to toss the toys out of the pram.

Absolutely, I did not think we would get anything at fir park today. Some folk on this forum getting a bit carried away.

Absolutely, I did not think we would get anything at fir park today. Some folk on this forum getting a bit carried away.

It's all part and parcel of being passionate about your team. Folk will get high when we win but on the other hand get down when we lose.

We were rubbish, I mean total sh1te for the first 50 mins... Motherwell had obviously watched how we played and nullified us perfectly.

Higgenbotham made a massive difference when he came on but too many players not at the races particularly Fraser and bannigan...

Might have done enough to sneak a draw but a wee bit of a reality check today

Is it not more disappointing to know we could & probably should've had something on 2nd half performance?

We do need a striker to convert the chances we're making.

I'm a Doolan fan but it's not really happening for him- at the moment. I think Baird will get starting nod next week but we can't kid ourselves that it isn't a concern.

The answer? I don't know tbh but the hard luck stories & plaudits don't put points on the board.

I'm still confident we'll be right but just becoming a pattern just now in 3 of our 4 games played.

• Like 1

Just in before quickly nipping out to a pub in Motherwell. Facts are we are gonna struggle unless Archie or Shaggy can conjure up a striker from somewhere. For Gods sake Its not the supporters job to identify a striker but we definitely need another one added. Pretty sure we are gonna struggle to get any player into double figures this season!!!. Fraser and Bannigan were awful today. Motherwell nullified the full backs for the first hour but we looked dangerous and a lot more lively and dangerous when Forbes came on in the last 15 minutes and O'Donnell and Sinclair started getting more room. We have a half decent squad but get us a striker Archie. Already its a massive game next week

• Like 1

We were garbage 1st half, Motherwell too big and strong, we looked nervy and scared. Much improved 2nd half, especailly with the introduction of Higginbotham and Baird, both of whom must start next week. Osborne did well, as did ats, not much else to speak off.

If we can play like we did 2nd half, i think we'll get somethin at st mirren.

Facts are we are gonna struggle unless Archie or Shaggy can conjure up a striker from somewhere.

Struggle in what sense?

We've already beat Ross County and drew with Dundee Utd & Hearts. One loss, in four, to Motherwell.

We'll finish ahead of Hearts, St. Mirren, Ross County and maybe Kilmarnock in my opinion - with the team we have now. That's hardly struggling. I'd maybe like to see another striker but the fact is we should be looking at goals from Lawless, Higginbotham, Bannigan, Welsh and Craigen as well as Doolan/Baird. It's not just strikers that need to score - our midfielders need to up their game in that sense. I think Doolan will reach double figures definitely, which is a fine return. Others need to pitch in though.

• Like 2

Struggle in what sense?

We've already beat Ross County and drew with Dundee Utd & Hearts. One loss, in four, to Motherwell.

We'll finish ahead of Hearts, St. Mirren, Ross County and maybe Kilmarnock in my opinion - with the team we have now. That's hardly struggling. I'd maybe like to see another striker but the fact is we should be looking at goals from Lawless, Higginbotham, Bannigan, Welsh and Craigen as well as Doolan/Baird. It's not just strikers that need to score - our midfielders need to up their game in that sense. I think Doolan will reach double figures definitely, which is a fine return. Others need to pitch in though.

Well said.

Struggle in what sense?

. If you think Craigan, Bannigan, Welsh and Higginbotham are gonna score the goals from midfield, fair enough, but I dont see it.. We need a Hardie/Albert Craig type player and we certainly dont have that. Doolan and Baird work hard but they are not going to be prolific this season. Signs today that teams already have cottoned on to how important the full backs are to how we play.and they only really got room to attack in the last 20 minutes. My opinion and plenty of jags fans sitting next to me is that we need another striking option. Dont know where we will get one but then again I dont get paid to solve that problem

I'm not really against getting another striker in, to be honest with you. If we don't I won't be annoyed about it though.

&

I'm not really saying those midfielders will score plenty goals, but they should be pitching in. We can't just accept that "Bannigan doesn't score", for example, we should be drilling it into them that they need to get on the scoresheet more often. Otherwise someone like Forbes needs to start as he's got goals in his locker.

We can't just accept that "Bannigan doesn't score", for example, we should be drilling it into them that they need to get on the scoresheet more often. Otherwise someone like Forbes needs to start as he's got goals in his locker.

Wouldnt disagree with that....thought Forbes looked sharp when he came on in fact just a pity Archie didnt give him more than 14/15 mins

Edited by Lindau

. If you think Craigan, Bannigan, Welsh and Higginbotham are gonna score the goals from midfield, fair enough, but I dont see it.. We need a Hardie/Albert Craig type player and we certainly dont have that. Doolan and Baird work hard but they are not going to be prolific this season. Signs today that teams already have cottoned on to how important the full backs are to how we play.and they only really got room to attack in the last 20 minutes. My opinion and plenty of jags fans sitting next to me is that we need another striking option. Dont know where we will get one but then again I dont get paid to solve that problem

Sit next to more cleverer people.

• Like 1