Jags V Hibs

The Cup

I can't recall too many Jags Monday night games. There was one in the early 90's when Sky Sports decided to dip into the First Division to see what the quality was like. St. Johnstone 0 Thistle 0 . . never dipped in again. However, cast your mind back to October 4th 1971 and we played Falkirk at Hampden in the League Cup Semi Final and won that one 2 nil. The same again please!

I can't recall too many Jags Monday night games. There was one in the early 90's when Sky Sports decided to dip into the First Division to see what the quality was like. St. Johnstone 0 Thistle 0 . . never dipped in again. However, cast your mind back to October 4th 1971 and we played Falkirk at Hampden in the League Cup Semi Final and won that one 2 nil. The same again please!

was the Morton game live on Alba about 3 or 4 years ago on a Monday night?

Monday night football is an abomination.

The fans that attend the games aren't considered at all in these decisions.

I'm not sure Neil Doncaster would agree with that and he knows better than a mere supporter.

Personally I don't mind going to a game on a Tuesday night so probably won't seem any worse on a Monday night. It's the fact were not playing at the weekend that annoys me.

It might surprise you to know that we've actually played around 300 games on a Monday night, mostly due to holiday games and pre season friendlies. All mentioned above are in the list. Standouts outwith these boundaries include winning the Tennets Sixes in 1993, beating Clyde 2-0 at Firhill in the Glasgow Cup final in 1989, and beating Clyde 6-0 at Shawfield in that Scottish Cup replay in 1983 c/o a hat trick from Super Mo. Three Hampden Park Cup Final victories were secured on Monday nights in the 1950s - two against Rangers and one against Celtic. I make that five trophies won on a Monday night - not a bad way to start the working week. :P

On a more sobering note, Mon-05-May-1980 sticks out like a sore thumb - Hibs 0 Partick Thistle 1 in the Premier League. Only 1,191 paid in to a ghostly Easter Road - and it was reported that "a good number of them were from Glasgow".

• Like 1

Why do you say that?

Well a lot of people (like me) choose their games and can't afford or unable to go to all games. I looked at the next 5 games and thought- Hibs and St Mirren for me. Pass on Celtic though it's amazing when you win or draw- see Nicky Walker one man team in the rain many moons ago.

Celtic, I've never had a problem with even at Parkhead, but Rangers- bad experiences at home, away and at Hampden

I'll be skipping it and I've got a season ticket - games against Celtic are not pleasant affairs - mainly down to being outnumbered at Firhill (by a support that's brings unwelcome 'baggage').

Obviously the Sabbatarian in you has won out, but I think you are mistaken about us being outnumbered. I thought Sellick were only getting the north stand, which is about 2000. We will have more than that. Or are they getting part of the JH too?

Obviously the Sabbatarian in you has won out, but I think you are mistaken about us being outnumbered. I thought Sellick were only getting the north stand, which is about 2000. We will have more than that. Or are they getting part of the JH too?

North end of the JHS too. Right next to where my ST seat is. I may have to go in the excellent Main Stand facility to avoid the smoke and broken seats :(

Lawless to come back in for Elliott.

Still think we should move Welsh forward with Bannigan and Osbourne to take up the defensive midfield roles. Hopefully this will bring back Bannigan to his best.

We need to get more players into the box when we attack. One of the reasons why we are not scoring many goals imo

With Welsh moving forward I believe he is capable of scoring goals with his head. Give our full backs something to aim at.

Fox

O'Donnell Muirhead Balatoni Taylor-Sinclair

Osbourne Bannigan

Lawless Welsh Higginbotham

Doolan

Edited by Alan Murray

Lawless to come back in for Elliott.

Still think we should move Welsh forward with Bannigan and Osbourne to take up the defensive midfield roles. Hopefully this will bring back Bannigan to his best.

We need to get more players into the box when we attack. One of the reasons why we are not scoring many goals imo

With Welsh moving forward I believe he is capable of scoring goals with his head. Give our full backs something to aim at.

Fox

O'Donnell Muirhead Balatoni Taylor-Sinclair

Osbourne Bannigan

Lawless Welsh Higginbotham

Doolan

that's what I would play aswell, although I think Foxy might still be injured for this one.

Anyone know if your allowed to take your own food in? Eg a McDonald's perhaps minus the drink. Can't imagine it will be allowed but have never seen it written anywhere

I now always take a snack into Firhill. Have done since my first visit this season. Won't spend another penny at the so called catering.