Agm

javeajag

Also, creditors failing due within 1 year rose from £851K to £1.1M. I assumed that we would have reduced this but it could be something perfectly explainable.

Could this potentially be a refinancing or restructuring of our loan agreements since the bank may acknowledge that we are going to be in a position to pay more back with increased revenue in the next year? Or possibly further borrowing for the ground improvements during the summer?

Could be just a timing issue. Debtors and cash at bank have increased by just about the same as creditors, which just cancel each other out.

Are there any creditors due over 1 year and if so, has that increased or decreased since last year ?

Creditors falling due after more than 1 year is down to £174K from £214K. Also, there are debts falling due in more than 5 years of £14K repayable by instalments which is down from £54K the previous year.

Got a postcard from Royal Mail informing me that I had to pay £1.09 before I could receive a letter that had been insufficiently stamped. I duly went through all the online rigmarole to pay the demanded amount, and two days later received the letter...... the AGM documents from PTFC!

:mad:

that's one way of keeping costs down and clubs expenditure to a minimum.

• Members

I e-mailed the club to point out their error. As nobody else seems to have flagged up this problem, I'm hoping it's a one-off mistake.

Unless you read the whole thread Jaggernaut and find......

I got a please come to the royal mail to pick up a letter £1.09 went down paid it and guess what letter it was yes it was the thistle AGM letter

:D

David Beattie was talking about the finances in the Evening Times today:

"Off the field, the Jags were once again run to break-even margins during the last financial year as they posted a profit of £5,000 and restructured the bank debt of £500,000 that will be repaid over the next decade.

Beattie said: We have a vision of where we are heading and what part we need to play. It is a very good place to be just now. We will have a lot more money coming in this year so there is more in the playing budget for the management team.

It will be a break-even budget once again this year. That is how the club is run. There is nothing in the accounts that should concern anyone."

I wonder if the restructuring of the debt has removed the fee that was due to be paid once the main part of the debt was cleared?

I wonder if the restructuring of the debt has removed the fee that was due to be paid once the main part of the debt was cleared?

Reduced from 200k to 100k, which will be paid off with the usual monthly payments. The club paid off one loan, reduced the overdraft facility and got a new loan at the same time to allow this to happen.

Would like to hear of some forward thinking on a plan for the "bing".

Maybe it is off the "now" agenda but it would be good to hear that it has not been totally abandoned other than as an advertising billboard and that some long term plan is being devised.

Maybe it is off the "now" agenda but it would be good to hear that it has not been totally abandoned other than as an advertising billboard and that some long term plan is being devised.

Keep it to yourself for now http://thumbs1.ebays...UsRMjujx-4Q.jpg

Other than selling it of for flats we shouldn't have any interest in the bing. Whisper it quietly but I guess I wasn't alone in regretting the building of the North Stand, the white elephant that put us further into dept and offered no protection when ICT stole our place in the league when an unfashionable team found themselves bottom of it.

As far as I am concerned any available funds should go to the important area of the ground the bit in the middle.

Other than selling it of for flats we shouldn't have any interest in the bing. Whisper it quietly but I guess I wasn't alone in regretting the building of the North Stand, the white elephant that put us further into dept and offered no protection when ICT stole our place in the league when an unfashionable team found themselves bottom of it.

As far as I am concerned any available funds should go to the important area of the ground the bit in the middle.

jeezo

a bit of terracing would be nice there surely??

How times have changed! It was only a few years ago that an AGM thread would have had pages after page of how badly run the club is and all other criticisms but now people go along to be told we have made a profit (again) and everything is going well.

I know the Trust was looking for questions from those who could not attend, do they intend to put some sort of report up to cover the responses?