Butters

Second row of the second block of the main stand. South end.

Apparently the singing section is up at section 7 of the main stand.

Thanks for this.

Was section 7 of the stand, set aside by the club or is this an area of the stand the most people that go into the NS on a weekly basis decided upon. Either way to have the "singing section" this close to that manky mob will create a fantastic atmosphere. Gutted to be at the other end of the stand.

I know this came up before and went on for about a month on a thread pre-season but is anybody going to sing that song? You know the one I mean, it has references to Blue and Green; Pope and Queen.

I'm sure some pre pubescent idiots will sing it. It's a protest song against bigotry don't you know... Blah blah blah.

Our tickets have seats

We are block m7 seat 154

Sorry never sat in the main stamd before.

So is that near the north stand? How many rows does the main stand have?

Got tickets today. I was told the back row of the Main Stand is row T.

They only had row D in the JHS, so went retro and chose the Main Stand. We are in P in M2, so city end of the stand. Looking forward to it as I haven't sat there for ages. Used to go to reserve games in the 70's when the first team were away and sat around that zone.

Hopefully we will get a decent result on Sunday to set us up. And hopefully Sellick will have a physical battle with Ajax on Tuesday with loads of injuries.....

Block m7 is the singing section. North end of the main stand.

Should you not have a letter infront of your seat number to show your designated row.

No idea how many rows back it goes.

I'm in the JHS, after being told at the start of the season I could use my JHS ticket in the NS. And in the MS for the Celtic game, it now turns out I can't be in the MS and need to use my JHS seat.

We do it's row G! Just forgot to put that in.

Ah unlucky! I just don't think I could sit in JHS anymore!

Hopefully main stand is good!!

They only had row D in the JHS, so went retro and chose the Main Stand. We are in P in M2, so city end of the stand. Looking forward to it as I haven't sat there for ages. Used to go to reserve games in the 70's when the first team were away and sat around that zone.

Hopefully we will get a decent result on Sunday to set us up. And hopefully Sellick will have a physical battle with Ajax on Tuesday with loads of injuries.....

Is that up the top left hand corner of the main stand next to the old social club, is that not restricted view (Thinking row 2 if numbered far left to right)

Is that up the top left hand corner of the main stand next to the old social club, is that not restricted view (Thinking row 2 if numbered far left to right)

Are we being charge full price for those restricted view seats? I hope not when away fans have the option of a cheaper seat for restricted view.

I hope they aren't that bad..... I had assumed M2 was the second section from the end therefore less likely to be of restricted view. The actual seats are in the high 20's, so again I would assume they count from the city end to the north, but who knows.... Time will tell.

M2 is the second section of the main stand, M1 is next to the old social club

Maybe I'm wrong but the last time we were in the "top" league did we not campaign to keep the JHS just for Jags?

I remember sitting in my usual seat in section 4 one time right next to the great blue unwashed and it was feckin horrible, loads of bigoted low life....i decided not to come back for the green version......

it is our house....we pay for it...we should get what we want....red and yellow only in the JHS.

And by the way i fully support the protests of the north stand boys who shouldnt be moved either.

That's my rant finished......mon the Jags!!!

• Like 3

Maybe I'm wrong but the last time we were in the "top" league did we not campaign to keep the JHS just for Jags?

Tbh I can't remember a sustained campaign but there were some voicing that opinion.

Of course it was only a couple of years later at most the Jags Only in JHS rule was implemented. Mr McMaster informed us that never ever again will we share the JHS with away fans. Btw how is the proposed joint venture training facility.out at Twechar progressing? And coming to think of it I haven't seen any plans for the zero tolerance Family Stand at the Bing either.

Anyway the Jags Only in JHS edict lasted a whopping 3 months or so till we played I think Albion Rovers in the Cup. There were probably only a few dozen Rovers fans in that day but that was enough to break McMaster's ill thought out promise and we've been sharing dependent on size of away crowd ever since. Far be it for me to question Mr Beattie's edict about the North Stand always being for the Jags support by mentioning a precedent from a much discredited recent past.

I remember sitting in my usual seat in section 4 one time right next to the great blue unwashed and it was feckin horrible, loads of bigoted low life....i decided not to come back for the green version......

it is our house....we pay for it...we should get what we want....red and yellow only in the JHS.

And by the way i fully support the protests of the north stand boys who shouldnt be moved either.

That's my rant finished......mon the Jags!!!

very true Aj, but you forgot that we actually get what david beattie wants us to get.

but without consultation or discussion, without proper notification (instead some got told in whispers when collecting their STs, others were told nothing), and thistle supporters in the NS and the JHS have been inconvenienced (some massively peeved off) and turfed out their seats for this game (and likely for future games with the tims and whenever the basturd zombie offspring of govan come calling ..... that's assuming they survive that long to play us at firhill), or any other perceived "big game".

thinking on this whole issue on a wider scale, what the whole NS issue (and those also having to move in JHS) raises, is what WILL happen next time either or both sections of our support may be impacted by such a visit?

should there be a wider consultation with the support, and what THE SUPPORT wishes to happen?

for example, there is the dubiety as to whether the lines "health and safety", "fire hazards" "police insistence" "council safety certificate stipulation" are the real or genuine reasons for carving up firhill ticketing and seating arrangements, to (ahem) "accommodate" the visiting support, and give them the 12th man advantage of NS, and alongside haphazard without checks public sale of tickets, which may lead to mass inflitration of ptfc support by away supporters, or whether the whole changing who sits where arrangements for this match is solely to maximise financial income from next sundays game, but at the expense of foregoing several "home adavantages".

perhaps for future games which could see a repeat of such concerns and motives (whether police, council, h&s, or beattie/club led), the thistle support is actually actively encouraged to enter into discussion with the board as to what actually happens next time to the thistle support.

should the thistle support be allowed to make the decision as to whether they should be moved to accomodate opposition supporters or not, and if so where in stadium?

for example, beattie could detail his reasons for it, with evidence. for instance, if it is for the reason of getting as much gate income as possible for such a game, show us the figures, explain your reasoning why you think it should be this way, if you believe the extra income from moving the thistle support and giving the away support more seats will (for example) pay for a new signing or two, that otherwise the club could not afford if the away support was only given the main stand (still over 20% of firhill capacity), say so, show us the figures, fight your corner, try get the support on your side.

on the other side of the discussion, the thistle support (onethistle, jagstrust, ST holders, could have representatives to put out and campaign the different options) could seek to see if there was unity or willingness amongst the support, to either try make such a match "bring a friend" to double the home support, and thus give beattie his maximum money from a sellout, OR if the support would rather not give up sections of the JHS or the whole of the NS to away suporters, and are happy and united in the knowledge such a stance would result in empty seats and us not being able to afford to sign a player or two to strengthen archies squad.

a public meeting could be held, or "prospectuses" printed in programme, or leaflets handed out, every thistle supporter gets a vote ..... ST holders automatically, while nonST holders can get a vote by, for example, producing three ticket stubs from previous home games, so as to ensure no inflitration of support is made to skew any vote.

if the TAG scheme for example was up and running, that would offer the opportunity of online voting.

ultimately, what i am saying, is for any future games where the board/beattie wishes to move thistle supporters from their normal seats, it would be beneficial to everyone (board and supporters) for whatever decision is made, to be a majority decision of the support.

as Aj said, it is our house....we pay for it...we should get what we want....

Edited by yoda-jag
  • Like 1

The depressing thing about this for me is that, should we lose the match, then we'll have to live with the fact that we did indeed surrender the advantage of having a loud and vociferous support behind the goal at the north end, something that board members, fans, players and management have publicly stated was a major factor in our success last season.

In other words, we'll have done what we could to let the t ims win even before a ball gets kicked. And presumably it will happen again and again when there is the prospect of a bigger-than average away support.

Sorry state of affairs, which makes the bing look even more of an embarrassment.

The depressing thing about this for me is that, should we lose the match, then we'll have to live with the fact that we did indeed surrender the advantage of having a loud and vociferous support behind the goal at the north end, something that board members, fans, players and management have publicly stated was a major factor in our success last season.

In other words, we'll have done what we could to let the t ims win even before a ball gets kicked. And presumably it will happen again and again when there is the prospect of a bigger-than average away support.

Sorry state of affairs, which makes the bing look even more of an embarrassment.

I am not sure that I agree with this. The NS support hasn't helped us win a league match this season although they certainly have added to a much better atmosphere at Firhill and I am sure you agree we wouldn't expect to win against Celtic, irrespective of whether we had the majority of supporters there.

What happens if we win vs Celtic, do we then ban Thistle supporters in the NS ?

• Like 2

I am not sure that I agree with this. The NS support hasn't helped us win a league match this season although they certainly have added to a much better atmosphere at Firhill and I am sure you agree we wouldn't expect to win against Celtic, irrespective of whether we had the majority of supporters there.

Well, it could also be argued that the north stand support has done its bit to ensure that we haven't lost more matches at Firhill.

So we haven't won at home yet this season; does that mean that everyone who has acknowledged the value of the Thistle fans in the north stand are talking nonsense?

What is it you don't agree with specifically?

that by giving up the north stand is surrendering an advantage.

or that the board, players and management believe the NS was a major factor in our success last season.

Edited by potty trained

Well, it could also be argued that the north stand support has done its bit to ensure that we haven't lost more matches at Firhill.

So we haven't won at home yet this season; does that mean that everyone who has acknowledged the value of the Thistle fans in the north stand are talking nonsense?

Against most teams, it is an advantage - but not against Celtic, which is what I said.

Out of interest is anyone on here choosing to avoid this fixture and for what reason? e.g. Ticketing arrangements, Sunday lunchtime k.o. or just choosing to avoid OF games in general?

No intention of going even before I heard the price was up 25%.

Picking games- one or two a month and in October it was Hibs.