Thistle V Celtic - The Actual Game

The Sunnylaw Jag

His form has been shit. He's half the player he was last year. He's had one good game since he made such a fuss about not signing a new deal. He gets bullied far too easily. He needs to get his head down, get his form back and stop bitching about on twitter

His form was pants because he was carrying an injury, he uses the ball better than any other player we have and when he does lose the ball more often than not he will fight to get it back. Lets no beat about the bush here, on his day he is a cracking player and it now looks as if football politics are coming into play, maybe because he hasnt signed a new deal ? bit unfair if thats the case cos neither has sinclair and both paton and erskine didnt get dropped despite comitting there future careers to dundee utd in jan last year.

I would also rather he was peed off about not starting rather than not giving a hoot it means he does actually care about playing for the club and not being in the team.

Can someone enlighten me on the fuss he has made about a new contract aswell i canny be reading the right papers and the players in this league arent a foot taller or wider than the ones from last year so i canny accept the bullied excuse either that keeps cropping up when your no the biggest, he got kicked about all last year but because he was scoring goals and tied up for a while it was fine.

Another thing that might be annoying him is the fact that craigen and elliott are getting a shout before him aswell lawless forbes and baird for that matter are all better players than both of them and anyone who has played the game ( and i have albeit a while ago now ) will be able to see that archie is chucking in the bigger of the guys hes got instead of the ones with obvious attributes and ability.

If it is a case that he is waiting to see what sort of contract comes from elsewhere then thats up to him if the deal that we offered him wasnt right for him, it is after all his or any other players job, do you really think higgy and osbourne would have signed for us if they were offered better deals elswhere.I remember welsh dragging his heels a bit aswell at the start of the season and didnt see him getting villafied for his deal not being right the same time as the other guys, i reckon maybe he was wanting more than what was on offer at the time and maybe got it.

I know it shouldnt always come down to money but football is a very short career and any person in any workplace has the right to make more money or work in a better environment if they so choose or are given that opportunity why should that change if your a footballer.

I thought at times today we could have done with a bit of craft espescially when izaguire looked completly out of it for about 15 - 20 mins, higgy looked shattered and wasnt tracking back late on in the game why not chuck lawless or even baird on for the last wee while we had only made two subs. I thought craigen or even welsh ( who was complete gash today ) should have been off before bannigan i also never saw craigen win a physical battle all day, does that mean he got bullied ? and for me we again made it easy for the opposition to score and conceding goals is worse than not scoring them, the defence need to wise up and nobody is talking about them getting bullied at set pieces or open play which is basically what is happening to them.

Edited by cjag78

I saw that, i think it's out of order to be questioning managers selection on social media.

Where exactly does he question any selections? Certainly not on twitter, only 2 tweets that I can see from him, 1 says pish the other says lol, so where does he question the selection in they tweets?

We must have seen it differently, as I thought Bannigan had a good game apart from the crazy short pass to ATS that led to their corner that led to their first goal. Agreed that Osbourne was a class act again.

I just felt that Celtic were too strong for us in midfield. They would have over-run us if Osbourne had not stepped in repeatedly. Our guys could not settle on the ball and make the telling pass. It was left to Higginbotham to come into the centre and try to get things going.

Where exactly does he question any selections? Certainly not on twitter, only 2 tweets that I can see from him, 1 says pish the other says lol, so where does he question the selection in they tweets?

By retweeting this:

@Arch_89: Why are @StevenLawless91 and @rossco_18 not playing?

He can ram it with that type of nonsense. Hopefully Archie kicks his erse.

His form was pants because he was carrying an injury, he uses the ball better than any other player we have and when he does lose the ball more often than not he will fight to get it back. Lets no beat about the bush here, on his day he is a cracking player and it now looks as if football politics are coming into play, maybe because he hasnt signed a new deal ? bit unfair if thats the case cos neither has sinclair and both paton and erskine didnt get dropped despite comitting there future careers to dundee utd in jan last year.

I would also rather he was peed off about not starting rather than not giving a hoot it means he does actually care about playing for the club and not being in the team.

Can someone enlighten me on the fuss he has made about a new contract aswell i canny be reading the right papers and the players in this league arent a foot taller or wider than the ones from last year so i canny accept the bullied excuse either that keeps cropping up when your no the biggest, he got kicked about all last year but because he was scoring goals and tied up for a while it was fine.

Another thing that might be annoying him is the fact that craigen and elliott are getting a shout before him aswell lawless forbes and baird for that matter are all better players than both of them and anyone who has played the game ( and i have albeit a while ago now ) will be able to see that archie is chucking in the bigger of the guys hes got instead of the ones with obvious attributes and ability.

If it is a case that he is waiting to see what sort of contract comes from elsewhere then thats up to him if the deal that we offered him wasnt right for him, it is after all his or any other players job, do you really think higgy and osbourne would have signed for us if they were offered better deals elswhere.I remember welsh dragging his heels a bit aswell at the start of the season and didnt see him getting villafied for his deal not being right the same time as the other guys, i reckon maybe he was wanting more than what was on offer at the time and maybe got it.

I know it shouldnt always come down to money but football is a very short career and any person in any workplace has the right to make more money or work in a better environment if they so choose or are given that opportunity why should that change if your a footballer.

I thought at times today we could have done with a bit of craft espescially when izaguire looked completly out of it for about 15 - 20 mins, higgy looked shattered and wasnt tracking back late on in the game why not chuck lawless or even baird on for the last wee while we had only made two subs. I thought craigen or even welsh ( who was complete gash today ) should have been off before bannigan i also never saw craigen win a physical battle all day, does that mean he got bullied ? and for me we again made it easy for the opposition to score and conceding goals is worse than not scoring them, the defence need to wise up and nobody is talking about them getting bullied at set pieces or open play which is basically what is happening to them.

It's great that you took so much time to share your opinion. Pity it's a lot of nonsense.

I saw that, i think it's out of order to be questioning managers selection on social media.

I ve jist been on his twitter to see what this is about he replied with lol when asked why he and forbes were not playing so how is that a question on team selection i think he should block the guys who think they have a right to make crap comments to him or for that matter just make stuff up.

I ve jist been on his twitter to see what this is about he replied with lol when asked why he and forbes were not playing so how is that a question on team selection i think he should block the guys who think they have a right to make crap comments to him or for that matter just make stuff up.

You've a fair point but that's the reason why the social media ban brought in. Gives players & fans the chance to calm down.

Maybe some should do the same on forums if they don't like what they read..

Thought the Jags played very well indeed - we were the only team trying to play any football from start to finish and it showed.

- yes, we can all say marking at the corner for the first but they are a bigger more physical side who would always pose a threat from set pieces with their height advantage ... and mibbe the big man should have taken out balde for the second and taken a card for the team (part of the learning curve I suppose)

To me the key is that a supposed Ch-League team ended up hanging on, cynically taking our players out when we countered and ended up wasting time against the Jags. I thought they were fekin lucky to go away with anything.

Proud of the lads - but especialliy Higgy (who I thought played a blinder start to finish), Foxy, Osbourne and the back 4 that played well as a unit all game - no shame lads we'll fukkin have their sorry oirish asses on new years day!

As you've just proven with your examples of every other player still featuring, that 'football politics' have nothing to do with why Lawless been dropped. He's in poor form, immaterial of whether it's down to carrying an injury or not, so he's been dropped. Forbes has more reason to complain about not getting a game than Lawless because at least when he's come on as a sub he's looked dangerous.

Lawless will get his chance again, and when he does it's up to him to step up to the mark and take it by playing a fair bit better than he has up to now. Then he might earn the new contract that he's seemingly after elsewhere..... in the meantime, do a job for Thistle and he'll continue to get the support of the fans and we'll be sorry to see him go if and when he does leave.

I cant be gassed quoting everyone to respond to u individually, but it looks like he's deleted the post, so thats why u have no idea what we're talkin about. I dont want any of our players in bother, but i also dont want lawless thinkin he's big enough to post that bullshit, questioning the managers selection in public is not appropriate. Ask archie to his face why you're not playin if it bothers you that much

Someone replied "not good enough" to the original tweet asking why Lawless and Forbes were not playing to which Lawless added "lol"

Surely he should never play for the club or indeed any professional side again for such an appalling crime - makes Gary Fraser look like a saint

U obviously missed the bit where he retweeted the original statement

As you've just proven with your examples of every other player still featuring, that 'football politics' have nothing to do with why Lawless been dropped. He's in poor form, immaterial of whether it's down to carrying an injury or not, so he's been dropped. Forbes has more reason to complain about not getting a game than Lawless because at least when he's come on as a sub he's looked dangerous.

Lawless will get his chance again, and when he does it's up to him to step up to the mark and take it by playing a fair bit better than he has up to now. Then he might earn the new contract that he's seemingly after elsewhere..... in the meantime, do a job for Thistle and he'll continue to get the support of the fans and we'll be sorry to see him go if and when he does leave.

Fair doos and quite right about forbes it just riles me when jags supporters get tore into there own players.

So Lawless who was turned down a move to Holland, has suggested that he wants to play first team games and people here is making him out to be a bad guy for it?

Why I am not surprised?

I would rather he wanted to play games than was quite happy to take a wage for sitting doing nothing.

So Lawless who was turned down a move to Holland, has suggested that he wants to play first team games and people here is making him out to be a bad guy for it?

Why I am not surprised?

I would rather he wanted to play games than was quite happy to take a wage for sitting doing nothing.

Agreed.

Lawless has not deleted any tweets. Only 2 tweets, one saying pish, because our team got beat, and another saying lol. If this in any ones eyes is slating Archie and his team selection then you will need to show me. Yes he is disappointed in not getting a game and shouldn't have tweeted until allowed, I'm sure the club will deal with it. As the cup states above, at least he wants to be playing, he could sit on his arse in the stand till his contract runs out and no give a flying feck, cos I'm sure the teams that were in for him will still be interested in the summer.

Why I am not surprised?

I thought Thistle turned down the bid, rather than Lawless wanting to stay.

Either way I want him at Thistle as he is an asset, just needs to recover his form which i think he will do.