Hibs Hearts Cup Tie

angry gaz

Mental game.Blood and thunder stuff stuff combined with some great skill.Hearts goal and MacDonalds save were both brilliant but the way its getting played sums up why silky skills aren't the most important asset in Scottish fitbaw

Gaz

But some of us like silky skills, we are the poets. Where you use a hammer, we use pens. Think back to my artistry in the QP Pits and consider why it is called the beautiful game. Skill will always overcome brawn.

:thumbsup2:

Mental game.Blood and thunder stuff stuff combined with some great skill.Hearts goal and MacDonalds save were both brilliant but the way its getting played sums up why silky skills aren't the most important asset in Scottish fitbaw

Indeed. A bout of fisticuffs again tonight and, on the radio, Craig Levein commented "That's more like it"! WTF!!

Reinforces how lucky we are to support a club with a great vision of how the game should really be played.

Hearts are doing to Hibs what Hibs did to us. What goes round...

Indeed. Here's Fenlon:

"We're bitterly disappointed. We dominated the match but didn't take our chances. They had one chance and took it with a fantastic strike. We created four or give chances in the game. If you create those in a derby game, you expect to win the game. The goalkeeper's made some great saves."

The reaction to the Hertz win does show why Scottish football is so far behind the rest of Europe. Fair enough Hearts scored a really great goal and Hibs were totally unable to pick themselves up of the floor. The fact that the media continue lionise Hearts's young side is getting to be a real pain in the backside. Lots of the teams the teams in the league have young sides. Obviously, Hearts as the establishment club in Edinburgh are getting an easy ride, but to be honest I do not like Hertz and will be glad to see them consigned to the First Division, wher they can join their big cousins next year.

However when managers start spouting crap like Fenlon did after the game, with views totally unrelated to reality, their jackets are on the proverbial "shoogly nail"!

Edited by stillresigned

The reaction to the Hertz win does show why Scottish football is so far behind the rest of Europe.

the standard of football in the second half was appalling.We're 40 years behind the rest of the world.The ball was in the air more than on the deck.How are young players meant to develop in this environment.Noticed the Hibs fans booing when the ball wasn't lumped forwards as well.

• Like 2

I thought that was typical of real derby games when (cliche alert!) the form book goes out the window. This game and the games they both played against us have all two things in common, one single goal by the Embra sides and on all occasions the goal was an excellent strike from distance.

If Hibs are feeling hard done last night it will be no worse than how we felt dropping at least 3 points in our two games against Hibs & Hearts. We should be able to take some satisfaction out of seeing the better team lose.

I thought that was typical of real derby games when (cliche alert!) the form book goes out the window. This game and the games they both played against us have all two things in common, one single goal by the Embra sides and on all occasions the goal was an excellent strike from distance.

If Hibs are feeling hard done last night it will be no worse than how we felt dropping at least 3 points in our two games against Hibs & Hearts. We should be able to take some satisfaction out of seeing the better team lose.

Interesting game but most definitely not a good advert for Scottish football the ball was up in the air most

of the second half and when it was not airborne a player was,blood and thunder yes good football no!

PS Fenlon should probably just go now as he is eventually heading for the exit anyway I reckon.

I noticed Levein came out in the papers saying he reccomended Fenlon to Hibs, is he just trying to give himself an even worse reputation. Hibs have played pretty terribly, fluked a few wins of late, given his sizeable budget and money to sign players he has been poor. After a couple of years at the club they are no further forward so can't have any complaints.

Wonder who to take over? Can't see any of the current championship managers getting the nod to step up. Perhaps Murray at Dumbarton but really don't think he's shown enough yet to take over Hibs. If Hartley wasn't a Hearts player then possibly he would of been in the running. Maybe a return for Kenny Sheils? Although wouldn't be happy with him if I was a Hibs fan.

I think that Hibs team needs a complete overhaul, like McInnes has done at Aberdeen, but this stage in the season doesn't allow for that so bit of a poisoned chalice job. Going to struggle to attract a decent manager.

^ There will be no shortage of candidates to replace Fenlon - Calderwood, Shiels, possibly even McLeish or Collins. Levein would be my choice. :evil:

Fenlon says that he resigned - "100% my decision"

"It is a difficult decision for me, but it is the right decision".

"I think a lot of the negativity is towards me at the moment, so if I take myself out of the firing line it will help everybody else."

Edited by kni

^ There will be no shortage of candidates to replace Fenlon - Calderwood, Shiels, possibly even McLeish or Collins. Levein would be my choice. :evil:

Fenlon says that he resigned - "100% my decision"

"It is a difficult decision for me, but it is the right decision".

"I think a lot of the negativity is towards me at the moment, so if I take myself out of the firing line it will help everybody else."

Shiels for me, never off the radio and comes across as the victimised man of the people. Other spend his dosh on sunbeds - shudder to think what hue of chestnut he is these days, what has Calderwood been up to? His name seems to get rolled out with every vacancy but never appointed.