January Signings

Lionel J. Botch

On paper the squad has improved greatly, really happy & there really should be no reason not to escape 2nd bottom position relatively comfortably.

I am really pleased with the Jan window Archie has pulled in, but the "relatively comfortable" bit is way too confident.

This will give us a fighting chance, but I still think we're in for a huge fight to escape 11th. Obviously hope I'm wrong, but I still don't see the wins coming that often when I look at our fixtures.

For the record I'm 100% behind archie always have been. But head over heart I still think we'll struggle.

I am really pleased with the Jan window Archie has pulled in, but the "relatively comfortable" bit is way too confident.

This will give us a fighting chance, but I still think we're in for a huge fight to escape 11th. Obviously hope I'm wrong, but I still don't see the wins coming that often when I look at our fixtures.

For the record I'm 100% behind archie always have been. But head over heart I still think we'll struggle.

We look a better team than the start of the season which even if we finish 11th stands us in good stead for play offs against a 1st Div team.

I think Archie has signed exactly who we need, the age we need and the positions we need. Excellent window at Firhill. I've noticed all other teams have done likewise by strengthening. A lot of uncertainties and risks with foreign or inexperienced players. Hopefully they don't work out and Archie can get the most out of what we have.

St Mirren are lacking activity. Really think their the ones to beat from our point of view. Or County have a come down. Boyd staying at Killie is enough to see their awful awful team stay clear of playoffs.

• Like 1

fear not, sunnylaw jag has already kindly offered to buy and post incontinence pants for any afflicted. if i recollect correctly from a post he made recently, all it takes is a pm to mr loadsamoneysunny requesting them, and he will furnish each with a pack of ten (rewashable). guaranteed next day delivery too he said on his post, no expense spared..

Just to let you know Yoda yours are on their way.

A few more deals have been reported on the BBC's website.

Celtic have released £2.2 million flop Mo Bangura.

St Johnstone turned down £500k from Preston for Stevie May and have released Rory Fallon. They brought in Mark Davies (son of Billy) from Nottingham Forest. Hibs have terminated Tom Clancy's contract.

Falkirk have been busy. The Bairns have sold Jay Fulton to Swansea City but turned down their offer for Stephen Kingsley. Joe Chalmers has joined them on loan from Celtic. They have also signed Mark Beck, a Scottish youth international, from Carlisle on loan.

Edited by kni

Chris Jack reckons that's us done. This is how we look then...personally I'm very pleased.

GOALKEEPERS

Scott Fox

Paul Gallacher

RIGHT-BACKS

Jordan McMillan

Stephen O'Donnell

LEFT-BACKS

Aaron Taylor-Sinclair

CENTRE-HALVES

Conrad Balatoni

Lee Mair

Aaron Muirhead

Gabriel Piccolo

CENTRAL MIDFIELDERS

Stuat Bannigan

Prince Buaben

Gary Fraser

George Moncur

Isaac Osbourne

Sean Welsh

ATTACKING MIDFIELDERS / WIDE PLAYERS

James Craigen

Christie Elliott

Chris Erskine

Kallum Higginbotham

Steven Lawless

STRIKERS

Kris Doolan

Lyle Taylor

Although I'm an optimist at heart, I questioned Archibald's signings at the start of the season. Baird was given few chances, Gabriel is all over the place, and Mudenki and Kerr done an excellent job testing the new dug out seats, but little else.

The new signings look promising but I would have preferred another couple of defenders. If we keep ATS then I'll be over the moon, as I was expecting to lose him.

Although I'm an optimist at heart, I questioned Archibald's signings at the start of the season. Baird was given few chances, Gabriel is all over the place, and Mudenki and Kerr done an excellent job testing the new dug out seats, but little else.

The new signings look promising but I would have preferred another couple of defenders. If we keep ATS then I'll be over the moon, as I was expecting to lose him.

Agreed but Piccolo is improving. I also questioned the new one-year deals for Elliot and Forbes. It's now likely that ATS will stay but he could sign a pre-contract agreement at any time. A central defender who can play at left-back would be a useful addition.

And I don't like the look of Gary Fraser either. Regardless, hopefully January's signings will make up for some of Archie's earlier errors.

I never write posts from other people that I disagree with. I always try and add or contribute to what they say.

But Gary Fraser is by far our most promising player, his range of passing and work ethic is amazing. He looked a bit ropey against St Jonstone, purely down to him covering for Craigen all game and McMillan in the first half. The amount of ground Fraser covered was brilliant. He also was part of our good run and I think it is no coincidence.

Fraser and Welsh is a great partnership and when you watch Bannigan on top form, like the recent Killie game, he is also great. We now have that bad but brilliant dilemma of who is best to play in midfield.

Anyway, I really think Fraser is a potential million pound player and all he needs is games.

• Like 3

If we keep ATS then I'll be over the moon, as I was expecting to lose him.

I wish we'd sold him to be honest. Look at the money Livvy, Falkirk and Hearts have made by selling players to England, all of whom will probably end up back in Scotland for free in a couple of years. We'll now lose ATS for nothing

I'm both surprised and impressed at the apparent calibre of the players we have signed. We looked close to being a very good side earlier in the season but the injuries and suspensions to midfield and the ineptitude of the central defence have dimmed that optimism.The signings definitely look to have strengthened the squad.

I hope that the overall balance of the side is not affected and I have some concern that we will be relying on the commitment to the cause of three loan players - I'm excluding Erskine from this. And where will this leave us at the end of the season? Hopefully, in the top division and avoiding the play-off but this might be at the cost of guys like O'Donnell, Muirhead, Fraser, Craigen, Welsh(if ever fit) and even Bannigan getting the game-time experience they need to improve in the longer term.

I'll be happy with a win tomorrow though.

Just to let you know Yoda yours are on their way.

never have needed and never will need them mate. but if they arrive before i leave for the game, i'll hand them out on your behalf to any requiring them. at least you've contributed even more wonga to easyfundraising, well done :thumbsup2: