January Signings

Lionel J. Botch

Wanted another centre half. Let's not kid ourselves, Piccolo is pish and there are huge doubts about Balatoni and Muirhead at this level.

100% correct this is the last signing to go Piccolo is pish. all he has done is unsettle the defence from last season. the defence were on par with almost every other team in the league. the defence starts with Talyor then the mid field. hopefully the new signing can hold a ball for more than one touch and even take the odd shot or two.

Wanted another centre half. Let's not kid ourselves, Piccolo is pish and there are huge doubts about Balatoni and Muirhead at this level.

I dunno I like to see muirhead actually play for a few games and replace Conrad who lets be honest for the last few games has been gash! Mair has been excellent since signing and I think gabby can learn a lot from him if he gets a chance to play instead of balatoni.

Therefore I declare a new signing of Gabriel muirhead. What a sh*t name.

F*ck it can we no play 12 players if hearts can sign folk now?

I dunno I like to see muirhead actually play for a few games and replace Conrad who lets be honest for the last few games has been gash!

Entitled to your opinion but I don't recall Balatoni having poor games against either St J or St M. I don't usually back up with facts because as i say it's just opinion but we've only lost 1 goal in those two games and that was clearly lost from our right defensive side. Further more we haven't seen Muirhead play left centreback and Mair has slotted nicely into the right side.

I do tho' have concerns about Conrad but that could be said of both Gabriel & Muirhead. Three young defenders who have had no on field guidance up until we brought in Mair. I'm hopeful that all three of our young centrebacks will benefit from playing alongside Mair. At the moment tho' I haven't seen anything to suggest dropping Balatoni but maybe others can point to his errors over the last two games.

No, I would completely agree with that. Conrad's been pretty solid the last few games and I'd be sticking with him. I've always probably preferred Muirhead as a player to be honest, but they did need someone with more experience to help them out in this league and I'm hopeful that Balatoni, Muirhead and Gabriel will all benefit from having an experienced defender in the squad.

It's good to here boys out on loan are doing well so far. This is the next stage of their development and if they pass the test it won't be long before one or two are considered for promotion to the main squad. Here's to many more good youngsters coming through. Hopefully one day we'll see a top class young striker make the breakthrough.

• Like 1

Dont know if it was reported but McAleer has had his loan extended at Airdrie till end of the season. Apparently he set up the goal Airdrie scored yesterday.

Apparently Brownlie who is on loan with Cowdenbeath is also getting rave reviews from their fans as well

Liam Lindsay also played for Alloa in their 1-1 draw at Dens and apears to have acquitted himself well. Quote from an Alloa fan on P&B:

Excellent day yesterday. Thought Lindsay strolled the game. Very promising signing.

And from the Alloa fans site:

Young Lindsay fitted in well at centre back; physically imposing if a little raw at times.

Liam Lindsay had an excellent debut as well.

• Like 1

Encouraging to hear the boys doing well out on loan. With the loan signings we already have in our squad, we could do with a couple of these boys being able to step up for next season. Spot the confident tone when I say 'step up'.

They also appear well placed too. There's little point in sending someone out on loan to somewhere he'll just keep the bench warm. Or for that matter somewhere not too challenging. It looks to me that if the three(?) recently out on loan play to their U20s form then they'll do as well as Scully. Airdrie, Cowden & Alloa are unlikely to have meaningless games and like Dunfermline their current clubs could be involved in play offs. The experience they'll get should be most valuable.

• Like 1

Liam Lindsay also played for Alloa in their 1-1 draw at Dens and apears to have acquitted himself well. Quote from an Alloa fan on P&B:

Excellent day yesterday. Thought Lindsay strolled the game. Very promising signing.

Young Lindsay fitted in well at centre back; physically imposing if a little raw at times.

Great to hear mate :thumbsup2:

Obviously directly responsible for Brown's demise at Dundee,