Moore Goes

policemans whistle

Several months too late - they'll very likely be involved at the bottom end of the league until pretty late in the season now you would imagine: purely as a result of this buffoon's failure to structure/motivate a team. It's all pretty sad really, it was cute seeing how excited they were towards the end of last season.

I think to be honest given the sudden death in September of Alan's younger brother, I doubt he has been fully focused understandably on Morton and football the last few months anyway

Very good point.

Total Karma and all that !

You should reflect on Third Lanark's pertinent post above.

Moore has suffered a personal tragedy and moronic posts like that are nasty and pathetic. Perhaps you would happier at Castle Greyskull or Porkheid where such idiocy is the norm.

Edited by kni

I think to be honest given the sudden death in September of Alan's younger brother, I doubt he has been fully focused understandably on Morton and football the last few months anyway

If you worked in a regular office job, and your brother died, would your boss allow you to remain disinterested/unfocused at work for two/three months afterwards? Genuine question, as I thought the death of a family member would allow anyone a couple of days off at most, and then another for the funeral, etc.

If you worked in a regular office job, and your brother died, would your boss allow you to remain disinterested/unfocused at work for two/three months afterwards? Genuine question, as I thought the death of a family member would allow anyone a couple of days off at most, and then another for the funeral, etc.

I can tell you, it takes a good while to get your motivation back for anything, including work. Some take it worse than others, and some can compartmentalize work/life better. There are a lot of factors, and it depends on the individual.

I do believe that there's more than just a manager makes a management team at a club. These are the times you should see the worth of a strong assistant and coaching staff. Looks like Morton didn't have that either.

How far away last season seems now.

^ Well said, Paulo!! It's worse if the close relative dies suddenly at a young age. Moore, no matter what he said last season, deserves sympathy rather idiotic abuse. It is very stressful to be fired just before Christmas, especially if you have a suffered a recent bereavement.

• Like 1

I don't know what the alternative would be. Continue the way they were going losing gate income and be even more dependent on Rae underwriting their losses. Karma or not I get no satisfaction at the man losing his employment.Who knows what additional pressure the guy was under due to personal circumstances.

Hopefully Moore will have been on a decent contract and will walk away with satisfactory amount of Rae's money. I'd certainly hope that was the case rather than their benefactor squandering more dosh on their playing staff while their stadium (ha!) remains a total coup.

While that game back in April can't be underestimated I really do hope we don't share a league with them for some time. Just like I don't miss Clyde or Airdrie I'm sure I could easily come to terms with not having to visit Cappielow anytime soon. Anyone else think it's about time Nacho Novo got involved with club management? :)

He wasn't good enough, had one decent season at Morton when he's had the budget to be challenging every season he's been in charge, but has generally been mid-table at best in every other season as far as I can remember.

His personal situation was unfortunate & I wouldn't wish it on anyone but I don't think that was his main reason for failing at Morton.

Edited by 1 John Lambie

I see that Colin Cameron has been sacked by Cowdenbeath also. Are teams in this league so desperate not to get relegated and therefore miss Rangers and Hearts in their division and the crowds they bring, that they are not hanging about to make sackings? On a similar note, with the possibility of a play off with maybe Hearts next year, will Premiership teams do likewise next term?

• 3 weeks later...

You'll find out if it ever happens to you, god forbid.

Until then stop being an idiot.

A very good appointment by Morton and their youth set up will benefit greatly due to his arrival.

Not that Morton don't produce the odd decent prospect, Given their geography you'd always expect such results. I just find it difficult to imagine Shiels being given either the necessary time or backing to develop anything lasting, youth wise. Everything about Morton is always the now and never the future, though with their current league position for once immediacy will be all important.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Not that Morton don't produce the odd decent prospect, Given their geography you'd always expect such results. I just find it difficult to imagine Shiels being given either the necessary time or backing to develop anything lasting, youth wise. Everything about Morton is always the now and never the future, though with their current league position for once immediacy will be all important.

His priority will be the first team but if given time and he plans to be at Morton longer term then he will get the youth set up sorted out.

I always thought it was strange for Killie to get rid of him and know the youth set up has not been the same since he left.

He built this up and wasn't afraid to promote players to the senior side and play a modern style of football.

Strangely a so called flair player who was his replacement has different ideas and different ideas on how the game should be played. (But i heard a wee rumour he might be going back with the plan KS had set out as his isn't working out too well)