93 Minute Heartbreak

TartanC4

AAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! Just finished watching the Alba transmission. Where did the defence disappear to right at the death? What a boot in the baws. We need to hold the ball better when we have the lead, especially against pish like Hibs.

Our defending at the goal was as bad as the Alba's editing. We must have had the same number of bodies in there as them but Collins and Craig were completely unmarked. I suppose we would have said a point was ok going into the game, but like so many other games, it is points dropped. Osbourne excellent again. I fear there is no way he will be with us next season.

Think we have to take heart from that result today. Haven't seen any of the game so can't comment on our performance but a point at Easter road is a decent result, especially when most ppl namely the super scoreboard panel, saw it as a home banker.

Obv gutting to lose 2 points in those circumstances but come on guys we are joint 7th and looking up the way again. Two very winnable games coming up too.

No doubt we're improving at the back but again what a sh1te goal to loose at a dreadful time.

I think there is communication problems at the back too.Noticed at the Aberdeen game from the NS there wasn't enough talking at set pieces between keeper and defenders.Gabby looks like turning into our first choice central defender just now.Let's hope he can maintain and improve his form.

Our crossing is gash too.No surprise Dools great goal came from him running into the box and not from a cross.

Hibs are sheeite.But their tactic of continually pumping high balls in eventually paid off.

Archie and the squad are gradually getting the experience and we do look like we are improving .

Can I lapse into cliche here? I do think we need to take positives from today - a rejuvenated Muirhead, for instance - and make sure we build on it against St Johnstone next week. 3 winnable games after that - Killie away is beginning to take on a hefty significance, and it seems clear Motherwell are on a serious confidence slide. Caley with Hughes as manager? If we can't do anything against those three, we are in serious trouble. In Archie we Trust!

Sick as the proverbial parrot at Hibs scoring so late, but to be fair you got the feeling it was coming, couldn't actually see the goal from where I was sitting, but I anticipate it being a poor one. Especially, as all that guy Collins did all day, was fall on his backside! Still night and day from our our horrible November. The whole team looked sharp and up for the game goal of the season contender from Doolan, it was that good. Under the circumstances it felt like a defeat, but for the first time in weeks we looked like a team again and played some neat stuff. Up front Doolan looked good, the defence was steady thought Picollo and Muirhead played well together and of course Osbourne was once again my MotM by a fair distance. Overall, a wee bit annoyed we didn't put the game to bed , but all things considered quite chuffed after today.

Conceding to a set piece again.

A good point though and one that I would have taken all day.

Also good to see RC and Hearts lose.

6 days ago you said that "I don't see us getting another league point for a while", so you must be delighted tonight.

Edited by BowenBoys

Too late for another big post but in short...

Osbourne is simply unbelievable.

Picallo was excellent again.

Muirhead was back to the player we know he is. Only early but I think that could really become a good solid partnership.

Doolan's goal was awesome.

I like Christie Elliot, he is growing in confidence, contributing more each game and making us less predictable going forward which was a real issue.

Archie shows he does know how to adjust our play, I'm over the tiny doubts I had.

I really thought we were going to hold on so it was a gutter but we can build on this to take points over Xmas.

• Like 1

aye it was a kick in the baws but the Famous Glesga Celtic scraped a draw by the skin of their bawbags at Easter Road with that wee puddin Fenlon in charge its just such a sucker punch losing a goal so late. we really have no luck at all just now. 4 points from the next 2 games is a must if we want to stay up this year. did the injuries to Lawless and Higgy look bad?

Doolan can't rely in anyone else to help him up front so has to do aw the work on his own... Fast becoming a legit Thistle legend. That goal came out of nothing other than Doolan's skill, vision and hard work!

Other positives from the game were obvious, Gabby, looking like he could become a real asset to the team (look out Conrad).

ISAAC OSBOURN. Words cannot describe how good he was today... If Ozzy wis 10 feet near the baw it wis automatically Ozzy's baw! Aw day. Ozzy's baw, Ozzy's baw, Ozzy's baw. This guy is a ******* tackling and distribution machine. PTFC player of the year sewn up and it's only December. Sorry Dools.

Hope Lawless is ok.

Another good shift from Forbes an aw.

A kick in the baws losing it at the death? Aye. But we've got to look at the positives.

Only 1 negative for me tonight. ATS. Honking.

• Like 3

Obv gutting to lose 2 points in those circumstances but come on guys we are joint 7th and looking up the way again. Two very winnable games coming up too.

You've been rumbled - you are the one who does the official site league table !!! lol

Enjoyed the game yesterday,terrible to lose a goal so late,go with most of the posts gabby,ozzy had great games, on the whole we did up our game and a big few weeks ahead,slight niggles though I don't think forbes has the fight in him and the young lad that came on Lindsay was not fit! Roll on next week.!!!

• Like 1

Enjoyed the game yesterday,terrible to lose a goal so late,go with most of the posts gabby,ozzy had great games, on the whole we did up our game and a big few weeks ahead,slight niggles though I don't think forbes has the fight in him and the young lad that came on Lindsay was not fit! Roll on next week.!!!

That's ridiculous.

I thought Forbes was OK yesterday but the forced substitution didn't help us. Archie has said he was trying to get Doolan less isolated by playing Lawless. Stevie can buzz about the pitch and still do that. Ross simply can't but offers something else even if it wasn't in the game plan. I suppose a question that could be asked would be why then was Forbes the chosen sub ahead of Baird?

Agree totally about Gabby and Osbourne. Maybe it's time to introduce a handicapping system when picking MotM otherwise it looks like Isaac will be branching out into the champagne business. Gabriel's performance yesterday would've merited MotM in most games this season but Osbourne is something else.

Feel we're near back on track. At the start of the season we relied on last season's team in near entirety and they didn't let us down then. More recently it's been Isaac, Higgy and to some extent Gabriel that have been more influential. Just sense that it's all coming together a bit better. Two bad goals to lose in the last two games but we did play around 180 mins without conceding. At least we've not been overrun. :)

• Like 2

Can’t believe no mention of Fox’s save from Collins in the second half. He had no right to get a hand to that. For me that is the best save he has pulled off. He had a few other great saves as well.

Doolan worked really hard and took his goal very well. He is not scared to mix it with much bigger defenders. He has scored six vital goals for us, and apart from Muirhead 's penalties is the only regular scorer in the team. Any injury or loss of form could be a disaster for us if we don't bring another striker in the window.

Don’t agree ATS was poor; he won a lot of ball in the air for us. Maybe did not get forward as much but his defensive side of his game was spot on.

Given that McMillan is nowhere near 100% match fit that was some shift he put in. He won a lot of tackles and will only get better for the match. He legs were gone in the last 10 to 15 mins but he still managed to stick to his task.

I thought Higginbottom was poor by his standards. He as were a few others was guilty of being wasteful on the ball. We gave the ball away very cheaply at times – hopefully the return of Welsh and Bannigan will help sort this out. The 3 behind the striker are just not good enough, Archie needs to bring in somebody better in this area.

Baird done well apart from one wayward pass, looks like he is starting to hit form now after a poor start.

Osbourne again had a great game but my man of the match would be Piccolo. He really does look the part. Muirhead had decent game as well and I thought he competed far better in the air than he has previously in this league. Not sure what happened at the goal but seems we totally switched off. To be honest though Hibs deserved a draw at least. If they had taken their chances then they could have easily won the game.

Edited by Alan Murray
  • Like 1

There seems to be general agreement: another colossal display be Osborne, and a no-nonsense game by Piccolo, with a bit of class. He and Muirhead looked comfortable together, and I don't see why that partnership should be changed next week. Conrad needs to wait for his chance again. Or does anybody think that he could play further up, in midfield? Fox: a clutch of great saves, and a great wee dribble (ahem) in the first half. Both fullbacks solid, with McMillan in particular getting in some crucial tackles. Big Elliott worth his starting place these days without a doubt; he's fast and powerful, and made a couple of great runs through their defence yesterday. Doolan's goal: fantastic! A shame that Forbes didn't go for the other side of the keeper with that late chance, and ATS squandered a couple of real chances to put in a killer ball near the end. But all in all it was a very good all-round display, by the team and by the R&Y army.