Archie Must Go ?

javeajag

Mmm..... If I was on the board and Archie said I want Mukendi, Baird, Kerr, Fraser sure I would give him the lot !

How many times have you seen Mukendi play exactly? The guy who is a freebie loan and has been nowhere near the first team?

Who else did Archie sign? Higginbotham, McMillan, Osbourne? Or does every player every manager sign have to be perfect? A manager who hasn't even been in the job a year?

You sound like the type of idiot that thinks Manchester United should have already got Ferguson back in charge.

at least compete on a game by game basis with the likes of Aberdeen/Arabs/Motherwell. I don't mean beating them, I just mean competing.

In our first season in the league ... let's compete with the three teams most likely to be finishing behind Celtic.

Aye and right spring to mind.

Lofty, unrealistic expectations result in overly pessimistic thread posts shocker.

How many times have you seen Mukendi play exactly? The guy who is a freebie loan and has been nowhere near the first team?

Who else did Archie sign? Higginbotham, McMillan, Osbourne? Or does every player every manager sign have to be perfect? A manager who hasn't even been in the job a year?

You sound like the type of idiot that thinks Manchester United should have already got Ferguson back in charge.

No yo ferguson .... Macmillan poor , Osborne good and highinbotham frustrating

Not sure just now if Archie should be given more time,loved his commitment as a player and because of what he achieved last year probably deserves a little more time. Unfortunately we seem to persist with the same pattern of play and teams have sussed us out,we are defending far too high a line up the park thus exposing our lack of pace at the back( Balatoni in particular )Listened to Stuart Mcalls interview post match almost the same as Derek McIness's interview earlier on in the season ie knew how Thistle would play ,pushing fullbacks up so decided to play 2 wingers. Archie's decisions the last month are almost beyond belief, Gabby and Muirhead played well at Hibs,the abandoned game at Firhill (45 mins) not much to go on there ,then Muirhead gets dropped for Balatoni !,last week against Inverness,team playing really well and he takes off Higgy after 70 mins,then today makes Elliot the scapegoat after 30 mins to make way for the bundle of energy that is Ross Forbes,not really sure what any of these decisions are all about and finally do we ever watch our next opposition and see how they play ?

We are where we are. I've enjoyed this season, we're in the top league, playing decent football. Who would've thought that 2 years ago?

Say what you like about luck, but we simply aren't getting any. On another day Well wouldn't have scored from their first 3 attempts, Lawless' shot to make it 2-0 would've flown in etc etc. despite losing 5-1, we didn't play that badly. Must've had about 18 corners (admittedly dreadfully taken) and could've scored more.

Anyway, point is that it's not all that bad. Relax. We'll be fine. If we get relegated, we get relegated. Personally don't think we will & will finish 9th / 10th, which would be fantastic. Archie needs time - let's not turn into one of these horrid wee clubs that constantly changes things & lurches from mediocrity to mediocrity.

Oh, and let's back the players, not mock them. Posted elsewhere, but that 'ole' stuff today was embarrassing.

• Like 1

Due to our current rotten form and our imminent defeat to Raith Rovers in the playoff final, I would just like to point out it isn't all doom and gloom. At least we'll have 2 full houses against The Rangers next year as we finish 6th in The Championship.

Aye ... why oh why didn't we lose to Morton at Firhill last season? Who wouldn't want to swap places with them these days?

In our first season in the league ... let's compete with the three teams most likely to be finishing behind Celtic.

Aye and right spring to mind.

Lofty, unrealistic expectations result in overly pessimistic thread posts shocker.

Not at all peagreenboy. With respect you are completely missing my point and seem too quick to criticise other people's opinions without understanding them. Let me try and make it simpler to understand from one jags fan to another. My realistic expectations are that we will finish 10th and stay in the league. Plain and simple. Nothing more. But in doing so, I also expected to COMPETE with the other teams in this league that I mentioned. There is a massive difference between winning games and being competitive in them. Do Hull City expect to beat Man U? No. But do they expect to be competitive? Yes. And they have been. I wouldn't mind getting beat in EVERY game by ALL of those teams this season if at least I felt we were competing. But we haven't been. I have supported Thistle for over 25 years and I recall our so called provincial club under the Lambie era 'competing' successfully with the Old Firm, never mind your Motherwells. Did we take many points off them? No chance. But did we let them know they had a game when the final whistle went? You better believe it. If I wanted to support a consistently winning team, I clearly wouldn't have followed Thistle for so long. But there's nothing wrong with expecting more. Stop berating your own supporters for having a bit of ambition peagreenboy.

Not at all peagreenboy. With respect you are completely missing my point and seem too quick to criticise other people's opinions without understanding them. Let me try and make it simpler to understand from one jags fan to another. My realistic expectations are that we will finish 10th and stay in the league. Plain and simple. Nothing more. But in doing so, I also expected to COMPETE with the other teams in this league that I mentioned. There is a massive difference between winning games and being competitive in them. Do Hull City expect to beat Man U? No. But do they expect to be competitive? Yes. And they have been. I wouldn't mind getting beat in EVERY game by ALL of those teams this season if at least I felt we were competing. But we haven't been. I have supported Thistle for over 25 years and I recall our so called provincial club under the Lambie era 'competing' successfully with the Old Firm, never mind your Motherwells. Did we take many points off them? No chance. But did we let them know they had a game when the final whistle went? You better believe it. If I wanted to support a consistently winning team, I clearly wouldn't have followed Thistle for so long. But there's nothing wrong with expecting more. Stop berating your own supporters for having a bit of ambition peagreenboy.

Partick Thistle 0 Aberdeen 7 - Manager: John Lambie

Couldn't be at the game today; just seeing our early lead being wiped out and turned into a rout against us hurt badly, and is still hurting. We're all Jags and all suffering horrible pain right now. People are lashing out right now and understandably so; the frustration over the widening time gaps between wins is excruciating.

But, there is no quick fix; sacking Archie and replacing him with some washed-up dud ain't the solution. Fact is we are Thistle, and we over achieved to get here. Archie isn't going to become less experienced between now and the end of the season; I believe that while we're not going to experience a meteoric rise between now and May, we are going to survive the drop and be in a better position to confront the ugly requirements of how to be an SPL fixture next term.

Resorting to bringing in a caricature of a 'manager' such as Levein would be the musical equivalent of getting rid of Duke Ellington to make way for Mister Bean. But, it's all about opinions as they say. My own opinion is that we as supporters need to be prepared to tough this campaign out, with Archie, believing that we are going to survive; because we will. We are Thistle.