Rearranged St Johnstone Game

GrantB

The Club can't afford to piss off ANY fans and to be honest I was taken by surprise when this issue turned into a rammy between different sections of the fan base having a go at each other over their method of supporting the Club. ST holders and pay-at-the gate fans who attended have both paid for this game. None of us (home or away fans) got what we paid for.

I was a season ticket holder for over 20 years right up to the Dickie era, where I just couldnt justify it, given the horrific nature of the football. Still went to most of the games though, but decided from then on just to pay at the gate. There has always been this Season Ticket holder is a better fan than pay at the gate supporter bullshit and sadly it will never change.

• Members

Just went for a straight spit of half of 38 games + 1 for the re-arranged game.

Incidentally, some quick calculations sees that if you count paying for the two games, £31.00, that's the same as a PATG fan paying £32. St holder benefits by £1 for this fixture.

Edited by Willjag

Pay at the gate fans paid £20 for a match that never finished - could that not be deemed a breach of contract?

If it was any other event a refund would surely be due if you couldn't make the rescheduled date.

No. I assume the club have hopefully adhered to league rules, as it is a mess already. What is the rule? Match abandoned in the first half means free entry, half time or over the home club reserves the right to charge non season ticket holders and away fans?

Just went for a straight spit of half of 38 games + 1 for the re-arranged game.

Incidentally, some quick calculations sees that if you count paying for the two games, £31.50, that's the same as a PATG fan paying £32. St holder benefits by 50p for this fixture.

Not quite sure how you reach that Willjag. How much did your season ticket cost you?

I was a season ticket holder for over 20 years right up to the Dickie era, where I just couldnt justify it, given the horrific nature of the football. Still went to most of the games though, but decided from then on just to pay at the gate. There has always been this Season Ticket holder is a better fan than pay at the gate supporter bullshit and sadly it will never change.

I haven't seen any of that on this thread.
  • Like 3

I don't go for any of that better fan pish. I just don't expect to pay extra for a league game under any circumstances having forked out my hard-earned up front for a Season Ticket. As WillJag points out we aren't saving much on fans who PATG for both games when you take the voucher into equation. That's assuming he hasn't made a mess of his figures right enough :P

Edited by jagfox

Like it or not, football is a business and all businesses need to maximise income.

Like selling TAG, DVD's, running the CF properly, keeping the office open to sell tickets etc and keeping everything like catering and merchandise in house, that maximizes income and we've been great at that,

• Like 1

Rough calculation. £300 for ST

Assume 19 home games + 1 re-arranged fixture(so far).

Means ~£15 a game. Therefore £30 for these two games against the Fermers. Only £2/£3 better off than fans who PATG.

I think any issues should be aimed at the club not Season Ticket holders, imo.

Means ~£15 a game. Therefore £30 for these two games against the Fermers. Only £2/£3 better off than fans who PATG.

Depends how you want to spin it, non ST Holder who attends above number of games , Cost £392, ST Holder saving £4.60 per game.

Edited by Bgcjag

Mmm not what I make it, taking it as a straight 19 home games, remember the game against St Johnstone should only count as one game as that is what it will show in the records...well thats my reckoning anyway!!

ST £300 divided by 19 = £15.78 a game

PATG £392 divided by 19 - £20.63 a game

I was at St Johnstone game and due to work can not make re-arranged game so emailed club to maybe see if my ticket stub could be exchanged for another home tie (chancing my arm I know) but what pissed me off was the one sentence reply basically saying no. I replied saying I thought that was poor customer service as until this season ive been as ST holder,spent a fortune on merchandise (strips for kids&me),booked hospitality 3 times and let my kids sit out on all weathers to be ball boys/girl plus throw in food drink/Aitken suite before games,programmes and draw tickets I felt entitled to a more courteous reply so in a fizzing mood I replied and asked for my CF fund membership to be cancelled to recoup my costs and got the obligatory one sentence reply saying that will be done asap for me. Now don't get me wrong its not over the loss of £20 that day plus other expenses its more the disinterested attitude towards loyal fans that prompted this for me. A wee apology or explanation in saying no would have sufficed for me. Poor show imo.

I was at St Johnstone game and due to work can not make re-arranged game so emailed club to maybe see if my ticket stub could be exchanged for another home tie (chancing my arm I know) but what pissed me off was the one sentence reply basically saying no. I replied saying I thought that was poor customer service as until this season ive been as ST holder,spent a fortune on merchandise (strips for kids&me),booked hospitality 3 times and let my kids sit out on all weathers to be ball boys/girl plus throw in food drink/Aitken suite before games,programmes and draw tickets I felt entitled to a more courteous reply so in a fizzing mood I replied and asked for my CF fund membership to be cancelled to recoup my costs and got the obligatory one sentence reply saying that will be done asap for me. Now don't get me wrong its not over the loss of £20 that day plus other expenses its more the disinterested attitude towards loyal fans that prompted this for me. A wee apology or explanation in saying no would have sufficed for me. Poor show imo.

Sadly that seems to be the norm at the club at the moment. Not quite sure what is happening after all the good karma between the board and the supporters last season

• Members

If the other games arent in question, season ticket holders have paid just over £15 for this game while PATG fans are being charged £32!!

Depends how you look at it though doesn't it. Why should you count it as two admissions for your money and a ST holder only count it as one? It just means it's 20/21 games for your £310 quid instead of 19/20.

Sadly that seems to be the norm at the club at the moment. Not quite sure what is happening after all the good karma between the board and the supporters last season

Agreed.

Even some fans aren't getting on now for no particular or valid reasons ;)