Rearranged St Johnstone Game

GrantB

One idea that hasn't been suggested is that fans pay what they like for this game?

If you want to pay £1, pay £1. If you want to pay £12, pay £12. If you want to pay £20, pay £20.

I bet the club would get great PR from this and I'd imagine would still more than cover the costs - could even boost the numbers for what is likely to be a very poorly attended match. Not too late to do this surely?

They better make sure people pay upfront then and not on the way out?

Everybody, including ST holders should be charged £5 to cover costs. Two of my mates are ST holders and I was at the game with them and my son and I will be at the re-arranged game with them and my son They get in for nothing yet I have to pay £24 to get me and my son in...not happy with that, in fact its a feckin joke!!

Everybody, including ST holders should be charged £5 to cover costs. Two of my mates are ST holders and I was at the game with them and my son and I will be at the re-arranged game with them and my son They get in for nothing yet I have to pay £24 to get me and my son in...not happy with that, in fact its a feckin joke!!

No it's not, it's been done to death already. Get your ST holding pals to split the cost with you, that way they pay what you think they should have to pay!

• Like 1

No it's not, it's been done to death already. Get your ST holding pals to split the cost with you, that way they pay what you think they should have to pay!

I am the one that will be forking out £24, so it is a fecking joke, no matter what you say. Why exactly should my ST holding mates split the cost with me???

One idea that hasn't been suggested is that fans pay what they like for this game?

If you want to pay £1, pay £1. If you want to pay £12, pay £12. If you want to pay £20, pay £20.

I bet the club would get great PR from this and I'd imagine would still more than cover the costs - could even boost the numbers for what is likely to be a very poorly attended match. Not too late to do this surely?

Sorry: too creative. "Great PR" is not in the current Club management's vocabulary. On the PR front, you can bet that Stuart Cosgrove will slag Thistle to death on "Off the Ball" over this. Of course, that might be just what is needed as a wake-up call as the Club sadly doesn't seem to listen too much to it's own fans these days.

In that case, why should they be expected to pay?

As I said everybody should be charged £5 and I think everybody would be happy to pay that. Why should I be expected to pay £24 extra to see the game when my two mates (and every other ST holder) get free entry. Me and my son never miss a game at Firhill, will cost us £380 each for the league games this season via pay at the gate, much more than a ST, yet we are being penalised for this. Its my opinion and its my money....as I say its a feckin joke and yet another PR disaster for the club!!

Edited by Lindau

As I said everybody should be charged £5 and I think everybody would be happy to pay that. Why should I be expected to pay £24 extra to see the game when my two mates (and every other ST holder) get free entry. Me and my son never miss a game at Firhill, will cost us £380 each for the league games this season via pay at the gate, much more than a ST, yet we are being penalised for this. Its my opinion and its my money....as I say its a feckin joke and yet another PR disaster for the club!!

Bang on Lindau. I'm a ST holder and happy to pay £5 ...fair all round.

• Like 1

As I said everybody should be charged £5 and I think everybody would be happy to pay that. Why should I be expected to pay £24 extra to see the game when my two mates (and every other ST holder) get free entry. Me and my son never miss a game at Firhill, will cost us £380 each for the league games this season via pay at the gate, much more than a ST, yet we are being penalised for this. Its my opinion and its my money....as I say its a feckin joke!!

Call it a small privilege of being a season ticket holder & investing in the club before the season starts, something that is imperative in signing new players etc. People get on their high horse about 'better fan than you', this isn't a post saying that, it's a fact that without season ticket holders the club could not compete (same for every club) & this can be seen as a small perk for this investment. Other perks such as merchandise discounts, cup game ticket, Warriors ticket & priority for limited availability tickets v Celtic (a one-off I know, but the point stands) have all been taken away & not replaced, with little complaint from ST holders.

If you never miss a game it would have been advisable to take out a season ticket, then you wouldn't have this additional expense! There was a very reasonable instalments package on offer this season that equated to less per month (on average) than you would be paying at the gate every month, if the lump sum was too much in to pay in June, July or August.

• Like 1

FFS - season ticket holders don't get in for free - they paid up front for a 'season' of home league games.

As has been said there are pros and cons to season tickets - for me the only pro is I don't have to queue twice to get in to Firhill - swings and roundabouts. It would be cheaper for me just to pay at the gate due to missed games but I buy one to show support for the club. People greeting about 12 bloody quid that'll go directly into the coffers of the club is embarrassing!

Edited by Charlie Endell
  • Like 2

FFS - season ticket holders don't get in for free - they paid up front for a 'season' of home league games.

As has been said there are pros and cons to season tickets - for me the only pro is I don't have to queue twice to get in to Firhill - swings and roundabouts. It would be cheaper for me just to pay at the gate due to missed games but I buy one to show support for the club. People greeting about 12 bloody quid that'll go directly into the coffers of the club is embarrassing!

Your totally missing the point here

And if they had made it a tenner, there would still be people moaning, the usual suspects who look for any excuse to have a go at the BoD.

Look at the similar knicker wetting on the Queues at Tynecastle thread - some of the same people having a pop for the sake of it.

Like it or not, football is a business and all businesses need to maximise income.

If people are that outraged at the cost, don't go - simple - vote with your feet. And when the time comes that we lose out on a player due to finances, the folk who will moan about missing out on the player can sit and wonder if the £12 they didn't spend that night would have made a difference.

• Like 2

People greeting about 12 bloody quid that'll go directly into the coffers of the club is embarrassing!

I pay for my son as he is in a low paid job so its costing me 24 QUID!!. Do you know peoples financial situations, including mine, especially at this time of the year?? Thought not!! You obviously dont thinking asking everyone to pay £5 is fair, now that is embarrassing!! Again I will say. Four of us went to the original game. I paid £40, my mates paid probably the equivilent of £17 each via their ST and thats the advantage of having a ST. At the rearranged game I am being asked to fork out another 24 QUID while my mates are getting in for nothing. If you think thats fair, thats whats embarrassing Mr Endell!!!

If you never miss a game it would have been advisable to take out a season ticket, then you wouldn't have this additional expense! There was a very reasonable instalments package on offer this season that equated to less per month (on average) than you would be paying at the gate every month, if the lump sum was too much in to pay in June, July or August.

Thats my choice, at the end of the day I know the importance of ST money but pay at the gate money is just as important to the club during the season and in the course of a season I pay more money to the club than any Season Ticket holder so why should I be treated different to ST holders for this game??

• Like 1

I pay for my son as he is in a low paid job so its costing me 24 QUID!!. Do you know peoples financial situations, including mine, especially at this time of the year?? Thought not!! You obviously dont thinking asking everyone to pay £5 is fair, now that is embarrassing!! Again I will say. Four of us went to the original game. I paid £40, my mates paid probably the equivilent of £17 each via their ST and thats the advantage of having a ST. At the rearranged game I am being asked to fork out another 24 QUID while my mates are getting in for nothing. If you think thats fair, thats whats embarrassing Mr Endell!!!

They are not getting in for nothing as they bought season tickets (the clue is in 'season'). I've already said I'd cough up a fiver if that's what the deal was. Of course some people are struggling financially but if they are then going to a football match perhaps shouldn't be among their priorities.

Thats my choice, at the end of the day I know the importance of ST money but pay at the gate money is just as important to the club during the season and in the course of a season I pay more money to the club than any Season Ticket holder so why should I be treated different to ST holders for this game??

Because you don't have a Season Ticket?

I got a season ticket this season after paying at the gate. Put it this way I've not had much value for my £300 this season, so far ;)

I like Gary Peeble's Tackle idea. Good PR snatched from all this bitching and whining. I might even put a £1 in :P

As I said it's turned out to be a small perk for that upfront investment. Many fans may start out with "I'll attend every match this season & pay at the gate" it becomes alot easier after a bad run of results to say fcuk this, I'm not wasting £20 now. Of course money coming in throughout the season is important also but we wouldn't make it to that stage, or have a competitive team on the pitch, without the prior purchasing of season tickets, sponsorship & advertising.

The club can't take the risk of pissing off over 1,000 season ticket holders to keep pay at the gate fans, of whom many are 'fair weather' fans, happy.

Well this could go on all night. I have my view and you have yours. Lets just agree to differ. Pretty sure a bigger crowd would have turned up if it was a fiver for everyone and it would have been fairer to everyone and a good bit of PR for the club, but hey ho!!

Edited by Lindau

The club can't take the risk of pissing off over 1,000 season ticket holders to keep pay at the gate fans, of whom many are 'fair weather' fans, happy.

The Club can't afford to piss off ANY fans and to be honest I was taken by surprise when this issue turned into a rammy between different sections of the fan base having a go at each other over their method of supporting the Club. ST holders and pay-at-the gate fans who attended have both paid for this game. None of us (home or away fans) got what we paid for. The price proposed by the Club for the re-arranged game is both unreasonable and destined to generate ill feeling from our own fans who have parted with cash for the original fixture and a wider negative PR.

We currently have the 6th-best attendances in the Premiership though admittedly that includes the kids-go-free contingent. We are, however, ahead of budget according to Ian Maxwell in his comments at the EoS "meet the management" night. The club is in a position to afford to make the price structure for this game more reasonable and to my mind can't afford NOT to do so as a result of potential negative PR.

There's almost 2 weeks for common sense to prevail.

• Like 1

Given the conditions on the day of the game, it's is highly doubtful if there were any 'fair weather' Jags fans there that day.

I'm a pay at the gate fan. I make every Thistle game I can afford (or work permits) to go to. The club can ill afford to piss people like me off any more than ST holders.

It is not Season Ticket holders fault that the club have chosen to charge these prices for the re-arranged fixture. I also paid at the gate previously but was in a position to get a pass for this season. That means I get into all league games with my card. Anything else is a breach of contract in my eyes.

Anyway the Jags Trust have been in discussions with the club over this matter. Hopefully you will get some good news in due course ;)

Edited by jagfox