Rearranged St Johnstone Game

GrantB

I don't quite get your arithmetic, PT. I'm assuming Maxi's £8K is net of VAT and I don't believe for one moment ST holders would turn up in those numbers for a Tuesday night game in January. Unless you're meaning a £4 or so levy on next season's ST price?

Forgetting all that I'm fairly sure Maxi would just pick a number at random. No one to do with running the Club would surely be as daft as to announce to all and sundry such sensitive information?????

Either way, it was fag pack basic arithmetic. Norge has given a more accurate figure.

The fact remains, someone at the ground is worse at arithmetic than me.

To state we have catering and stewarding costs I believe is not true as that is fully outsourced and covered in the SS deal.

I don't know any of the details of the SS deal, but you would think so with regard to catering (as that does raise money for SS on sales), but I doubt it for stewarding as that has to be supplied at a cost per game and Cup matches and re-arranged matches wouldn't be predictable.

Of course, we could well be in the position of having a really duff contract where we actually have to pay Sporting Solutions for giving the them the privilege of making money from catering, but what kind of numpty would go for a deal like that?

• Like 1

Has the results of the meeting and Club representatives been released yet?

Jags Trust meeting with the Club regarding this?

When is/was it?

ETA: for a minute i thought you meant this:

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2013-2014/june_2013/tag_membership_-_supporters_federation

Edited by potty trained

What frustrates me is that this is not completely unforeseeable, it is my understanding that since the sport began in the late 1800’s at least one game of football, if not more have also been abandoned before now. IMHO the club should just set a clear policy on what happens with abandoned matches and like the policy or not, at least then there would be no ambiguity going forward. Also surely budgets could be set taking into account the average number of abandoned matches to be expected in any given season.

Edited by scottymagoo

The abandoned St Johnstone game was only the 21st abandoned match in over 6,100 first team games (0.3%). 10 were at home, 11 away.

Failing light/Fog 8

n/k 3

Waterlogged 4

Storm 1

Snow 3

Floodlight failure 2

There have only been 8 abandoned matches in the last 100 years - 4 at home, 4 away.

• Like 1

The abandoned St Johnstone game was only the 21st abandoned match in over 6,100 first team games (0.3%). 10 were at home, 11 away.

Failing light/Fog 8

n/k 3

Waterlogged 4

Storm 1

Snow 3

Floodlight failure 2

There have only been 8 abandoned matches in the last 100 years - 4 at home, 4 away.

Did North Kelvinside steal the ball???

And right on cue...

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2013-2014/january_2014/st_johnstone_game_further_information

Looks like the same patronising guff that the club sent out to David.

Well I for one had been looking forward to the rearranged fixture. My mate even rearranged the night he gets his daughter. Now, due to the attitude of the club that's them at least 2 customers down.

If you want to read it as being patronising I'm sure you will but it appears to me to be an honest account of what the situation is.

& this seems like a very good deal:

http://ptfc.co.uk/news/2013-2014/january_2014/kilmarnock_and_st_johnstone_fan_card

Hold on, how come this discount isn't offered to ST holders... kidding, kidding!

My St Mirren supporting mate says they had an abandoned game recently - entry to rearranged game was £10 or £5 with ticket stub/voucher handed out at game.

Much more reasonable attitude to fans imho.

this is a more straight forward, fan friendly and sensible outcome, than that chosen by our back of fag packet merchants.

such pricing (and public perception) instills and encourages supporters to attend and good PR and goodwill towards the paisley mob. our club has scored a spectacular own goal and negative PR over the £12/20 fiasco, and will ultimately lead to less supporters being encouraged or inclined to attend.

the 2 game offer is clearly a reaction to the st j mess (and possibly even extended to the NYD game cockup), possibly coupled by realisation of how much the support of the last two away games have been important to the players, and a desire to get as mmany supporters through the gates at firhill to back the team. in principle, the club can be praised for this, but can't help feeling it's a kneejerk reaction to try deflect and minimise negative feelings and PR that the club has and will endure over the st j rearranged game

it does throw up the possible questioning of how such reduced revenue (a potential 40% overall drop) over these two games impacts on archies budget, or ST holders could be justified in turning round and saying their ST is devalued even further, but that's an extension of the discussion for later, or another day.

ultimately, it's been another fire fighting excerise from within the firhill office and boardroom, and is just another one to be added to the list of spectacular own goal gaffes of incompetence that is letting down the club, archie and his trusted lieutenants, the players and long suffering supporters of our great club.

sad.

• Like 1

"We accept that these vouchers could be misleading however they were never intended to qualify the holder for free entry to the rearranged fixture."

​Have they heard of the sale of goods act and trade description act?

Complimentary :

adjective

• 1 expressing a compliment; praising or approving:Jennie was very complimentary about Kath’s ridingcomplimentary remarks

• 2 given or supplied free of charge:a complimentary bottle of wine

Edited by Norgethistle

"We accept that these vouchers could be misleading however they were never intended to qualify the holder for free entry to the rearranged fixture."

​Have they heard of the sale of goods act and trade description act?

Complimentary :

adjective

• 1 expressing a compliment; praising or approving:Jennie was very complimentary about Kath’s ridingcomplimentary remarks

• 2 given or supplied free of charge:a complimentary bottle of wine

That's a good point actually. Never thought of the sale of goods act.