Rearranged St Johnstone Game

GrantB

The fact the original match was abandoned rather than postponed means the club would have had costs to cover. I didn't expect to be given free access to the rearranged fixture.

Me neither. Think £12 is a bit much though given St Mirren charged £5 for their rearranged Ross County game.

• Like 1

Us, and St Jonstone fans, were told free entry to the re-arranged game with the ticket stub. To go back on that is fairly bad. Fans pay a lot of money to travel to games. The county v caley game, fans got in for free to the re-arranged - as happens, to my knowledge, in most games (I know its in the rules that a cancelation before half time requires free entry to the next game).

Very poor from the club IMO. Also 12 quid seems like they've thought whats the most possible we can get away with. I wouldn't of even minded a token 5 pound sum to cover ground costs to those with the ticket stubs. Club capitalising on a wasted day for fans.

As a season ticket holder I get in free to this rearranged game. So why the hell are club charging £12 for non season ticket holders who got a voucher from the original game? Surely admission for those folk should also be free. Grossly unfair IMHO. A very low crowd in prospect.

Me neither. Think £12 is a bit much though given St Mirren charged £5 for their rearranged Ross County game.

I would have expected a charge of £10, meaning paying 1.5 times our usual entry fee for watching 1.5 games of football (ignoring the Celtic discount at the original game).

That said, it's probably the case that Thistle are paying out costs for just about 2 full games and incurring a loss even by charging £12.

It's a difficult one.

I would have expected a charge of £10, meaning paying 1.5 times our usual entry fee for watching 1.5 games of football (ignoring the Celtic discount at the original game).

That said, it's probably the case that Thistle are paying out costs for just about 2 full games and incurring a loss even by charging £12.

It's a difficult one.

I remember reading a few years ago about clubs taking insurance out against abandonment's and postponements (Especially if USH has been on for 2 days) not sure if it ever really caught on or whether Thistle would do such a thing

Us, and St Jonstone fans, were told free entry to the re-arranged game with the ticket stub. To go back on that is fairly bad.

Who told you that?

All I heard announced on the day was to hold onto your stub. Nothing at all about specific details for the rearranged game.

As a season ticket holder I get in free to this rearranged game. So why the hell are club charging £12 for non season ticket holders who got a voucher from the original game? Surely admission for those folk should also be free. Grossly unfair IMHO. A very low crowd in prospect.

Am I missing something? As a season ticket holder you got in free the first time too...

St Mirren got a crowd of over 4000 for their re-arranged game and it was on a weekend which will mean they could budget on a bigger crowd than we can midweek in January. Ross County's abandonment wasn't weather related and they have people in charge of the club who can afford to take the hit financially when offering free entry to the re-arranged game.

I'd rather the club tried anything to minimise the costs of this game going ahead, especially in the month where every spare penny is hopefully going to the management team in order to strengthen the squad.

• Like 1

As a ST holder I'd be dumbfounded if I was being charged for this. There's little advantage buying a ST as it is. I also realise that if the Club runs this game at a loss then it could have an adverse effect even if marginal on our player budget. Conclusion then is they've got to charge an entry fee to pay at the gate punters and the home and away adult price will have to be the same. Also the Club has to pitch the price at a level both fair and likely to cover outlay. Otherwise too many will take the hump and stay away.

As I say I'm a ST holder so hardly impartial. I'll be interested in hearing what others think we should have done. My gut feeling would be the prices are set a tad high and if it was allowed I'd allow St J supporters in for less than the home gate price.

As I say I'm a ST holder so hardly impartial. I'll be interested in hearing what others think we should have done. My gut feeling would be the prices are set a tad high and if it was allowed I'd allow St J supporters in for less than the home gate price.

I paid to get in and watched 45 mins of farce before the game was abandoned.

I would expect to get in for free for a re-arranged "showing" at any event where a similar thing happened (e.g. cinema, theatre) but reckoned on the club charging £5 for anyone who had proof of purchase from the first match and full price for anyone who didn't. Even if they went "pro-rata" on the "entertainment" provided, it should be £10 maximum.

Football clubs in general treat fans with utter contempt, but Thistle are truly taking the piss with this. I think I won't bother my arse going to this game. The people who run clubs only seem to get the message when it is a financial one that is sent.

I paid to get in and watched 45 mins of farce before the game was abandoned.

I would expect to get in for free for a re-arranged "showing" at any event where a similar thing happened (e.g. cinema, theatre) but reckoned on the club charging £5 for anyone who had proof of purchase from the first match and full price for anyone who didn't. Even if they went "pro-rata" on the "entertainment" provided, it should be £10 maximum.

Football clubs in general treat fans with utter contempt, but Thistle are truly taking the piss with this. I think I won't bother my arse going to this game. The people who run clubs only seem to get the message when it is a financial one that is sent.

Nail hit firmly on head.