Gary Fraser

Heelan'jag

I won't beat about the bush: I'm totally scunnered to read about this. I simply don't approve of this signing one little bit and pray to Jehovah he plays no part in tomorrow's game, or the rest of the season for that matter.

In fact, I sincerely hope he has a horrible injury in training and doesn't get to feature once during his time with Thistle. You have no idea how pissed off I am to read about this latest acquisition.

Said the Ross County Manager.

Brilliant signing. A real coup. As others have mentioned he put in a few excellent early performances early on before Archie shuffled the pack. He's 19, so you'd expect Archie to rest him occasionally. Had he not gotten himself into bother he would undoubtedly have been given another run in the team. I'm absolutely delighted at this; some of his cross-field balls to SOD in particular were superb. He has good feet, switches the play well and can thread passes to runners. A real prospect.

Edited by Stewarty
  • Like 1

Saw him at Annan pre-season, had no clue who he was but REALLY hoped we would pick him up; great game and scored twice albeit in a friendly. Details came out thereafter re who he was and Bolton's interest and then it seemed we had lost him only to get him on loan. Excellent early season but replaced by Oz who was a better and more experienced option (if less adventurous).

Events have conspired to have him sign for us. I do think he will be a really good signing and hopefully good to go tomorrow.

Mon the Jags................

I am afraid the jury is out on this one for me. No doubt the lad has got bags of talent and potential but his temperament is suspect and no doubt opposition players will try and wind him up. Welcome back Gary and hopefully you will prove me wrong.

There's a guy who sits a few rows down from me most weeks who when he played for us had a suspect temperament and opposition players tried to wind him up.....I hope Gary gives me half as much joy as chic did in the red and yellow. The boy is a quality player and this feels like a Friday night lambie signing, gonna fire on scotsport extra time to see what Mcnee and White have to say about it!

• Like 4

Again obviously has bags of potential both from what we've seen and the fact Bolton signed him but putting a lot of eggs in the basket of a young lad guy who has only played 4 games for us and a handful for the Accies in the first division. One for the few future but would have liked to have seen a bit more experience brought in at this stage in the season.

Agree dibble we can't pin all the hopes on Fraser as he still needs to develop clearly but a young dynamic midfield with him and banzo in it excites me as both like to retain possession and pick passes....sure Archie has a few more irons in the fire but it isn't easy getting the right bodies in. To be fair he has done pretty well signing wise and if he can bring quality in he will.

Lyle is a great signing too, watching him at Falkirk the day we won the league and on the 1st game of last season at firhill I said to my bro that I'd love to see him at firhill and now we have him I am delighted, he will contribute to the team over the next few months no doubt about it.

I am afraid the jury is out on this one for me. No doubt the lad has got bags of talent and potential but his temperament is suspect and no doubt opposition players will try and wind him up. Welcome back Gary and hopefully you will prove me wrong.

You refer obviously to one incident. Fortunately he's done his time and he doesn't have a suspended sentence to worry him. I think if he can get by the next few games with nothing worse than the odd yellow for fouling then he'll be OK. He's only ever had two yellows prior to that red so he's not a serial nutcase. But you're right opponents will try and wind him up initially, Just possibly he'll be so ready for that treatment he won't react. Fingers crossed.

Don't know why we bothered rushing through the signing. Osbourne, Welsh and Bannigan out and he is on the bench. Midfield have a poor game and he doesn't even come on!

Maybe he isn't "match fit" but still seems confusing. Good to have him back at Firhill on a long deal though.