Enough Is Enough

Jagman1876

Interesting article on stv page about spfl stats

http://sport.stv.tv/...histles-season/

Average possession: 50.38% (4th overall)

Shooting accuracy: 46.04% (3rd overall)

Shot conversion: 9.61% (11th overall)

We need to practise our shooting by the look of it.

I think we need to to miss hit a few, score a few sclaffs, too often it seems to go straight down the middle to the goalkeeper.
  • Like 1

...We have been unlucky multiple times this season. I've never known a campaign like it in that we play so well sometimes and come away with a point or nothing.

Sometimes this is just down to plain bad luck....

I don't like the excuse of injuries, as you have a squad for a reason, but yesterday it's a legitimate one when you combine it with suspensions....

Funnily enough, I feel exactly the opposite: injuries can't be predicted, and can disrupt a small squad. However, the "bad luck" excuse has long since been overworked by so many ineffective managers that it just betrays thoughtlessness.

It is worth considering that the fragility of Welsh and Osbourne was predictable, though: that's part of the reason that the club could afford to sign them. Apart from Welsh's medical condition, O'Donnell has a pacemaker, for goodness' sake! Big clubs won't take on risks like that, but our club can offer an opportunity to players like that to prove their worth.

Some fans just have it in for Kerr!!! Some players have been shocking this season were players who haven't even played a spl game get pelters. Craigen is shocking end off!!! Balatoni is shocking!!! Muirhead isn't great!!!! Elliot isn't great!!! Frobes isn't great!!! Piccolo got thistle poty month dropped instead of balatoni!!!! Go on and on!!! Baird should be on the bench before some of the players on it and that's a fact!!!

That's an opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rather than just defend him, I can honestly say that if Archie was to pack it in I would be genuinely gutted, it would feel like the end of something special, and I hope it's not anywhere near his thinking.

Agree 100% and every Jags fan (except thistlenowthistleforever and the cup) should let him, the players and the board know that...starting on Saturday

I'll add my voice to that chorus. Some people don't seem to grasp that managers can't do anything about players making individual errors. Look at Man U last night. Moyes is a good manager IMO but even he couldn't legislate for the keeper making an absolute ar5e of it. Likewise, Archie can't legislate for a player misplacing a pass or missing a header or not following up after a penalty during a game. Let's not forget that we have been so close to getting a haul of points that would have us mid-table but due to nerves or inexperience or rush of blood, we have had individual errors that are NOT the fault of the manager.

Don't know if anyone listens to talk sport but Ray Houghton was on and was talking about when he was playing bad, he was second guessing a pass because he was worried about the crowd being on his back if it went wrong, and then he would be caught in possession and the crowd would be on his back anyway, his manager told him to just try and play a simple ball and gradually his confidence returned. This was in relation to Man Utd but it echoed our situation, hearing boos at half time and some players getting serious stick during the match on Tue, it can't be doing the players any good.

http://talksport.com...gain/1390492800 have a listen from 22 mins some good stuff (24 mins for the bit i posted)

Edited by gee
  • Like 1

Haven,t we been here before as Jags Fans.

After a string of poor results we start calling for heads. The only problem is no one can really put forward a replacement candidate in the price range who we think would be any better. Ian Murray, Paul Hartley etc are just the names of the moment, no more so that Dick Campbell took over.

We have chopped and changed managers in the past hoping one will come good. But what is good. Who really had us in the top six rather than battling at the bottom. And we are battling at the bottom as a couple of wins could move us to 8th.

I am also of the opinion that we need to stick with our management team thru the years now. This is no different from expecting a return from the Weir Youth set up,it will take time. If that means going down then so be it. Archie will learn from that also.

We need to break the mold of the management merry-go-round. It hasn,t worked for us in the past and it won,t work now.

• Like 5

Agreed.

We are starting to take gambles on youth recently. Doing the same with our manager. We have a guy who has all the attributes to make a very good manager, except a bit of experience. On the park, we have been out-battled by teams who know how to survive at the bottom end of the league. Both our players and our manager are learning how to do that.

Don't know if anyone listens to talk sport but Ray Houghton was on and was talking about when he was playing bad, he was second guessing a pass because he was worried about the crowd being on his back if it went wrong, and then he would be caught in possession and the crowd would be on his back anyway, his manager told him to just try and play a simple ball and gradually his confidence returned. This was in relation to Man Utd but it echoed our situation, hearing boos at half time and some players getting serious stick during the match on Tue, it can't be doing the players any good.

http://talksport.com...gain/1390492800 have a listen from 22 mins some good stuff (24 mins for the bit i posted)

Imagine how John Baird felt when the crowd was shouting everytime he got the ball