Tonights Results

Dug1e

Results have gone our way again. Time for the team to take advantage. If Hearts were missing their points deduction they would be just one point behind Ro$$ County and ourselves :o

Aye, but we would have a game in hand....

It really shows what a couple of wins can do for your position. If only we could get a couple!

One thing for sure - it's going to be a close thing and loads of brown trouser moments along the way. One thing that amazes me about St Mirren is that for a sh1t team, they seem to be able to pull out a decent result now and again - beat Scumdee Utd, beat Hibs, drew with Aberdeen. Even if we weren't in the SPL, I would be wanting them to go down as they've got away with it so many times and are a horrible football team and employ Goodwin. Come on Jags - let's do it!

One thing for sure - it's going to be a close thing and loads of brown trouser moments along the way. One thing that amazes me about St Mirren is that for a sh1t team, they seem to be able to pull out a decent result now and again - beat Scumdee Utd, beat Hibs, drew with Aberdeen. Even if we weren't in the SPL, I would be wanting them to go down as they've got away with it so many times and are a horrible football team and employ Goodwin. Come on Jags - let's do it!

Just looked at the league table County have lost 14 games, Killie 13 games, St Mirren 12 games and we've lost 11 games. They've all won more than us of course.

I don't know what you can conclude from that. The others run more hot and cold or we're more consistently mediocre in relation to the league as a whole. I think our 6 draws at home have had considerable bearing on our current position.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Negatives - we have now won the least games in the league and are the only team not to have back to back wins. We have also now scored the least amount of goals. If hearts get a couple wins before the split then it could be a bit shakey.

Positives - drawing the most games in the league really indicates teams arent any better than us. It shouldn't take too much for these draws to turn into wins. St Mirren are pretty awful and think they could well finish below us. We have the best defence in the bottom five - so a couple more goals (maybe the few Erskine will add) and we will be fine. Sean Welsh should be back soon - our best and most influential player in my opinion. If Archie manages to get in Stevenson, Hammil or Cairney then I think it could galvanise all the fans back on side. I also have a funny good feeling about Saturday.

I take and to a degree share the optimism expressed about our survival chances. However, I feel that at this stage of the season we've ron out of excuses for our inability to wim. We've now got to be brutallly honest and admit that in general the reaason we are where we are is because overall we just haven't been good enough. That is not a criticicism implied or otherwhise of the team or management, simply put its what onw would expect from a newly promoted eam with our paucity of resources. The one thing that has made this season bearable for me at any rate is the style of our play, which has deserved more than the maegre points total we've garnered so far. I won't waste anyones time re-inventing the wheel, I think we all know where our failings lie, but to finish on a note of optimism we've only deeen outclassed on tghree occassions this season and even then I felt most of the difference against Aberdeen, Motherwell and United was down to basic errors and and lack of tactical awareness rather than a huge gulf in class.Simply put if we don't start winning games then we don't deserve to stay in this league.

Steven McLean refereed the Hearts - St Mirren game... surprise, surprise - the result went County's way!

McLean was the referee for our game against Killie, he gave us nothing all match and Boyd got foul after foul. Then there was the sending off.

For those that don't know - McLean is the brother of the Ross County defender of the same name.

He gave another dodgy sending off decision and penalty as well in the Hearts - St Mirren game last night.

I am not a fan of conspiracy theories but this is making me very suspicious. He has refereed two games recently that have a direct impact on his brother's team and both results go their way with each game having a red card and penalty.

Edited by mhs

He should not be refereeing in this division.

Well certainly not games that have a direct impact on his brother's (and dad's? Didn't know that one!) team.

Coincidence or shocking planning by the relevant authority or possible cheating. Either way it is wrong.

Edited by mhs

Hearts are playing their U20s and U17s team and can't sign anyone. Saying we're similar I being very generous to us.

If we won 2 in a row this place would erupting in praise for Archibald.

Where would we be if the roles were reversed? Would we have more wins than we do now?

We have some hard game coming up. We need to keep getting points to avoid the unthinkable 12th place.

Hearts are playing their U20s and U17s team and can't sign anyone. Saying we're similar I being very generous to us.

If we won 2 in a row this place would erupting in praise for Archibald.

Where would we be if the roles were reversed? Would we have more wins than we do now?

We have some hard game coming up. We need to keep getting points to avoid the unthinkable 12th place.

Archie tried to sign a couple of their players during the summer, one of them being Ryan Stevenson, the other was one of their younger players - we could not offer the wages Hearts were paying them.

They also outbid a number of teams for the Liverpool lad - I think its Danny Wilson or something

So saying we are similar is not unreasonable.

Archie tried to sign a couple of their players during the summer, one of them being Ryan Stevenson, the other was one of their younger players - we could not offer the wages Hearts were paying them.

They also outbid a number of teams for the Liverpool lad - I think its Danny Wilson or something

So saying we are similar is not unreasonable.

Wilson is apparently on a basic wage of £3k a week, they rushed his signing before the imminent transfer ban. Seems foolish when the club is sinking. He hasn't been an outstanding player this season either.

Edited by mhs

Steven McLean refereed the Hearts - St Mirren game... surprise, surprise - the result went County's way!

McLean was the referee for our game against Killie, he gave us nothing all match and Boyd got foul after foul. Then there was the sending off.

For those that don't know - McLean is the brother of the Ross County defender of the same name.

He gave another dodgy sending off decision and penalty as well in the Hearts - St Mirren game last night.

I am not a fan of conspiracy theories but this is making me very suspicious. He has refereed two games recently that have a direct impact on his brother's team and both results go their way with each game having a red card and penalty.

Celtic levels of paranoia here. And to prove it, here's a post from Kerrydale Street:

Steven McLean is brother of rutherglen born ex Ranger Brian McLean who opted to play for Norn Iron through his granda being from Ballymena. Oh, and he is the son of killie legend Stuart Mclean who opted to have Rangers as his opponents for his testimonial match in 1990.

Just saying.

Edited by Dark Passenger

A shame for this ref that he tries to make a career out of refereeing and obviously has worked hard to get to the top level of his chosen career but then is accused of possibly cheating just because his brother has reached the top level in his chosen career as a player.

Give the guy a break FFS

Celtic levels of paranoia here. And to prove it, here's a post from Kerrydale Street:

A shame for this ref that he tries to make a career out of refereeing and obviously has worked hard to get to the top level of his chosen career but then is accused of possibly cheating just because his brother has reached the top level in his chosen career as a player.

Give the guy a break FFS

Just making an observation. Highlighting his recent games and their outcomes and how they have affected County and Killie.

I haven't checked every single game he has officiated, only referring to these recent two.

Will be interesting to see what happens the rest of the season, especially when the bottom six split arrives.

Edited by mhs

Give the guy a break FFS

I wouldn't say he is cheating just that in general there could be a potential conflict of interests if an official had family members involved or their job security or indeed their club's ppsition affected by a game that official was officiating.

Was Brendan Rogers not complaining about a ref because he was from Greater Manchester in a game against Man City that included some errant calls?

It would be more to protect a refs integrity than have it subjected to intense scrutiny by maybe avoiding certain matches?

Edited by jagfox
  • Like 2

Why?

Both young inexperienced managers.

Youngest and second youngest squads.

Both working under tight financials.

Very similar when you look at it, so no surprise.

fair points u make potty trained, still feel we should be doing better but not had much luck this season in certain games