Ross Forbes

clarencegarter

Sadly his attitude on the pitch didn't match his talent. Always thought he might struggle in this league although he never really did get a run of games to prove himself (most likely down to said attitude).

Still, he gave us some great moments last season and was part of a championship winning Thistle squad.

Wish him luck wherever he ends up.

• Like 1

I am genuinely a bit gutted about this. Always liked the player and thought the top league would suit him better. He's went from part-time player to full time in the top league in under 2 years which is a big jump so surprised that he is leaving. These types of agreements usually are down to the player wanting to go and get regular football but he is still young and I believe he could have done more at the club. Good left foot, good footballing brain and could always beat a man.

I am genuinely a bit gutted about this. Always liked the player and thought the top league would suit him better. He's went from part-time player to full time in the top league in under 2 years which is a big jump so surprised that he is leaving. These types of agreements usually are down to the player wanting to go and get regular football but he is still young and I believe he could have done more at the club. Good left foot, good footballing brain and could always beat a man.

:lol:

Shocked, feel really sorry for Forbes. He is not a headless chicken or old fashioned grafter but he had real talent, skill and quality. I think he just isn't Archie's type.

Best of luck to him, have a wee feeling he will stay in the Premiership. Opposition fans were often impressed by him.

Edited to add... Elliot should be booted before Forbes!

Edited by mhs

I am genuinely a bit gutted about this. Always liked the player and thought the top league would suit him better. He's went from part-time player to full time in the top league in under 2 years which is a big jump so surprised that he is leaving

You could also say he went from full time player with Motherwell to part-time in two years ; a wasted talent.

I think Archie has now shown us hes not afraid to make these decisions when it comes to showing under achieving players the door.

I see this as a step in the right direction for the club. Hopfully this might spur on our other underachieving players. Well Done Archie for having the balls for leadership.

• Like 4

Not too bothered about Forbes being released as he was always shirking tackles, headers and poor set piece delivery.

while you point out the things he was consistent at doing, in interests of balance, he was also lazy, too slow and not impassioned enough to give his all for the shirt (especially this season).

promised much, delivered little. thanks for last seasons contributions and memories, less thanks for stealing a wage and doing square root of naff all for most of this season.

• Like 1

I like him but if it means we get someone better in then that's great. It worried me int he summer that Archie stuck too much with last season's squad, perhaps due to loyalty, so it is encouraging to see that he can chop and change, I just hope he gets it right!

Looks like this guy from West Ham is his replacement, know very little about him. I watched that FA cup game against Forest, that isn't one he can boast about being a part of really.

while you point out the things he was consistent at doing, in interests of balance, he was also lazy, too slow and not impassioned enough to give his all for the shirt (especially this season).

promised much, delivered little. thanks for last seasons contributions and memories, less thanks for stealing a wage and doing square root of naff all for most of this season.

^^^^^

Do you think this is how Archie broke the news to him?

• Like 1

Pity it didn't work out for Forbes, as he's clearly a talented player. However, there is clearly something amiss from his game as he's went from a promising player at Motherwell to part-time football (probably in the Championship this season?), and while he's not exactly had a lot of opportunity to impress for us this season, he needs to do something to work on his game if he's going to carve out a good career in full-time football.

Best of luck to him, some good memories from last season, but the young guy we've signed on load from West Ham sounds like far more the kind of player we need right now.

Edited by soulful_jag
  • Like 1

Not totally surprised as there's been games crying out for someone with Forbes's type of play to come on recently and he was either overlooked or only made a late appearance. You knew what you were going to get from Forbes and sadly it's just fallen short of what we require. Ironically he could possibly play for a club further up the league tho' probably only cameo roles. With our relatively low resources we can't afford the risk taking on ability alone.

Anyone who was up at Tannadice for the league game would see what an asset he could've been if he didn't have speed and/or stamina issues. You don't see many players with his ability to ghost past a defender these days.