Tapiray

twinny

Like it or loathe it there’s no denying the SFA have pulled off a major coup here, coverage in all of the papers including reviews in the fashion sections. It’s not often any football strip gets this much media attention let alone a Scotland away kit. I wouldn’t wear it myself but then I’m a grown-up has been with hair growing out of my ears and nose and replica kits are really for wee boys, most of whom will love it.

You clearly grew up in area where there were no problems - Bearden or Milngavie perhaps? In my part of Glasgow, there were fights between the rival schools. The local priests try to stop any mixing too.

Btw, would you take your Catholic wife to Ibrox and introduce her to the "faithful"?

The new away kit is okay. Scotland have played in much worse kits as the Scotsman article showed.

Bearsden and Milingavie :lol:

No it was a little bit rougher than those places and yes trouble between schools etc was going on sometimes in the background but not everyone was into the fighting except for maybe rival gangs.

It still had the two identical primary schools seperated by a fence which is something that i still find hard to understand in this country.

Probably 2 or 3 of these identical schools sitting side by side in my area.

I grew up when it was more trouble between area's and gang orientated rather than religious hatred.

As for my wife she isn't a football fan really but if pushed she will admit to liking Celtic as do the rest of her side of the family.

My side mostly are all Rangers fans (some Celtic) and never been a problem at all.

The faithful as you call it wouldn't be a problem for my wife and very much doubt she would experience any sectarian singing at Ibrox.

An away game might be different though and away games are not really for me either to be honest.

Anyway back to the Scotland strip and i still think it's a mess but would like it more if the top part was actually red and no problem with some yellow in it also.

Any these any good?

http://footballkitsdesign.blogspot.co.uk/2009/09/scotland-fantasy-kits-change-kits.html

Edited by billko

• Members

This is probably taking things off topic here, so apologies, but I grew up in the 60's in the East end and there was never any religious fights as such. Yes gang fights between one area and another, but never religious divide. Not really been aware of this in Glasgow to the extent you're hinting at kni. Curious now as to what area you're talking about.

Oh yeah, forgot about the obligatory on topic note :), I don't understand why the SFA continue with the sort of pinkish tone. If they're basing the top on the Lion Rampant, then why not the same red and yellow?

Edited by Willjag

Billko I dont know how you can bring yourself to come on here and put up with utter crap kni posts, its painful enough for me just reading down this thread. Lets get back on track with the scotland strip...

I initially thought it was a bit pink and didnt like it but would have to see it up close, as for red and yellow being on our away strip becausr of the lion rampant thats an excellent point and should be the case more often than not.

• Like 1

Like it or loathe it there’s no denying the SFA have pulled off a major coup here, coverage in all of the papers including reviews in the fashion sections. It’s not often any football strip gets this much media attention let alone a Scotland away kit.

Well, look at the coverage Thistle got when we released the pink and grey hooped shirt. And try finding one of those these days; I've been searching for ages to get an XL one.

Bearsden and Milingavie :lol:

No it was a little bit rougher than those places and yes trouble between schools etc was going on sometimes in the background but not everyone was into the fighting except for maybe rival gangs.

I have no time for Rangers and bigotry but the idea that only the working class can be bigots is nonsense. The middle class are just maybe a bit better at hiding it - except when they are lawyers who've had a bit too much to drink at a Karaoke.

• 3 weeks later...

Eh, this is probably buried in another thread, but I just saw it, and I want it.

How awesome is this training shirt that Didier Drogba is wearing in this video?

I'll take that for our strip next season, thanks very much.

I'm pretty easy-going regarding our tops, and even tolerated the jester top. But that Galatasary effort is hideous. The red changes as you go further down, becoming purple, while the yellow changes to orange…. Yuk!

Like it or loathe it there’s no denying the SFA have pulled off a major coup here, coverage in all of the papers including reviews in the fashion sections. It’s not often any football strip gets this much media attention let alone a Scotland away kit. I wouldn’t wear it myself but then I’m a grown-up has been with hair growing out of my ears and nose and replica kits are really for wee boys, most of whom will love it.

You shut it. I got a Jags top for my birthday.

I'm pretty easy-going regarding our tops, and even tolerated the jester top. But that Galatasary effort is hideous. The red changes as you go further down, becoming purple, while the yellow changes to orange…. Yuk!

If you don't like that shirt you've got deaf eyes!

But anyway, that's just the "atmospheric" lighting on that photograph ... it looks to me like the colours are the same throughout.

We need to be ditching the third division Joma and getting with the likes of Nike ... we're Glasgow's second team and what's good enough for ra cellics ...

• 5 months later...