The Partick Thistle Historian

Tom Hosie

As some of you might be aware this season marks my last as the editor of the Thistle programme.

I'm pleased though to say that I'm not giving up writing about Partick Thistle. It's my intention, hopefully with the assistance and contributions of others (drop me a PM if interested in contributing), to produce a bi-monthly or quarterly magazine looking at the history of The Jags . Launch date is penciled in for sometime this summer; probably in time for the start of next season.

To complement the magazine I've set up a Facebook page for people to share images, videos (basically anything) relating to Thistle's history and for general discussion of the Club's history. Please Like and Share if you can.

https://www.facebook...istorian?ref=hl

Please note the magazine, when it hits the streets in a few months, and the facebook page have no official connection to the Club.

Edited by Tom Hosie
  • Like 1

As some of you might be aware this season marks my last as the editor of the Thistle programme.

I'm pleased though to say that I'm not giving up writing about Partick Thistle. It's my intention, hopefully with the assistance and contributions of others (drop me a PM if interested in contributing), to produce a bi-monthly or quarterly magazine looking at the history of The Jags . Launch date is penciled in for sometime this summer; probably in time for the start of next season.

To complement the magazine I've set up a Facebook page for people to share images, videos (basically anything) relating to Thistle's history and for general discussion of the Club's history. Please Like and Share if you can.

Please note the magazine, when it hits the streets in a few months, and the facebook page have no official connection to the Club.

Best of luck with the venture. I'm sure that many Jags folk will appreciate it as it develops.

Whoever is taking over the programme will have massive shoes to fill Tom. Brilliant job over the years. Congratulations and good luck with your new career.

Very kind of you to say that LE. I'm not retiring from Thistle completely; I'll still be doing website and social media stuff and I'm happy to contribute the occasional article for the programme if the new editor, whoever that might be, wants. When the programme becomes a shore it's time to hand it on to fresh hands and minds.

Thanks, much appreciated. That's them posted on the Facebook page,.

Found another - just after Doug Somner had made it 3-0 - ball still in net being retrieved by ball boy and nobody apparently much bothered except Dougie himself! Of course it did make it 3-0 so victory was inevitable - apart from the fact that Falkirk scored 2 late goals and we ended up holding on for a 3-2 win - and this was how the winning goal was celebrated!

Partick Thistle v Falkirk 1975 - 3rd goal just scored

• Like 1

My wife spent a lot of her life in Rothesay so I let her look at some of your other photos. Thank you

As you will have seen I too have spent a good few days in Rothesay, hope she enjoyed the pics.

As an aside - A former school friend of mine was introduced to my brother-in-law some years ago and on finding out that he had gone to the same school as me my brother-in-law asked him if he remembered me, to which the reply was "Oh yes, I remember him,............................. Partick Thistle and Clyde Steamers" - in many ways I was delighted - remembered for my enthusiasms! (other than that, of course, it could be claimed that I was an anonymous wazzock!!).

I suppose that's part of the thing about being Thistle supporters. With there being very few at each school, we always seem to be remembered for that one thing at least as part of our character. And of course, yours could have been worse i.e. Partick Steamers (I've known many a steamer from Partick) and Clyde

• Like 1

Sorry to hear this Tom, You have out an incredible amount of hard work and effort into making a grea programme over the years. Even if the results are not always great I always look forward to reading my match programme at least.

The new venture sounds great and best of luck with it.

Tom is there going to be a site outwith Facebook? My dad is desperate to see the pictures but doesn't do Facebook, (He only does the Club site, BBC sport, SPFL highlights, and occasionally scans here)

Good luck with this, looks like being a cracker and thanks for the program over the years, regardless how good or bad the team / manager /board has been the program has always been very high standard, and always looking forward to getting home and reading through the back issues Ive missed in my absence

Tom is there going to be a site outwith Facebook? My dad is desperate to see the pictures but doesn't do Facebook, (He only does the Club site, BBC sport, SPFL highlights, and occasionally scans here)

Good luck with this, looks like being a cracker and thanks for the program over the years, regardless how good or bad the team / manager /board has been the program has always been very high standard, and always looking forward to getting home and reading through the back issues Ive missed in my absence

StuTheJag has the PTFC historical archive, a cracking website.