Hibs

jaggy

was all over the place last few minutes when Gallacher made what sounds like an immense stop and Hibs had 3 corners, thought here we go again but...not to be....great feeling.

Erskine comes home Jags start winning....hmmmmm

• Members

First half hour was a bit of a struggle reminiscent of the Dons game last time at home. Gradually we came into it and great movement from our 4 attacking players ended with Chris arrowing the ball into the top corner. Higgy sent a great cross from a free kick in for Lee Mair to get his first for the Club and then again, identically to the Dons game, we switched off for a couple of minutes and SOD's allowed Stanton to beat him easily down the left wing and cut the ball back for Whatmore to pick his spot.

Intense pressure from Hibs saw them get around 5 corners in a row, any one of the first 4 could have ended up in the net but for some excellent defending and goalkeeping, then another two hairy moments when Haynes could have equalised for Hibs. However, the guys done what they have been failing to do most of the season and manged to break quickly, sub Christie Elliott hitting a great crossfield pass to Higgy with the wholf of the left wing to run into the Hibs box as their defenders struggled to get back. But Higgy just cant roll the ball into the back of the net. No. He has to beat a couple of defenders first before rolling it in! :) Great finish and another great result at home.

It's been a long time coming this Season, but the last two games have been worth the wait.

Just in.....magic game.

Nail biting stuff until the mighty Higgy slotted that goal.

I propose a new tactic....let's win all our home game 3-1 from now on. Magic.

Take a bow Archie and the lads....Higgy, lyle and Gallagher will keep us safe in this league.

Mon the Jags.

• Like 1

Great result today...very nerve jangling game to watch but my ulcer held out under the pressure of those 200 corners hibs seemed to have in the last 10 minutes. Higgy, what a guy. My player of the season without a doubt.

It was great to see Taylor jumping on Higgy at the end in celebration...the team spirit in this team seems to have really grown.

A very happy chappy today.

• Like 1

That was probably one of our poorer performances this season but although there were a few scary moments towards the end, I thought we deserved the win. Hibs were in control for the first 20 minutes but they are a poor side - from what I've seen of them, I'm surprised they're not in the play-off spot.

The blustery wind didn't help but I thought we punted too many high balls, particularly from Gallagher though he did make some good saves. Mair, ATS and O'Donnell especially were a mixture of very good and a bit dozy; Erskine had an off day but scored a belter of a goal. We missed Bannigan in midfield - again I wasn't too impressed with Bauben.

We did look as if we had a cutting edge though with some clever interplay from the front four. Taylor was very good and although I groaned when Elliot came on as sub, he did play a great pass for the third goal. Higgy has star quality - his reaction to the fan who gave him a rollicking for not tracking back in the first half was brilliant - he came over at the start of the second half to give him a hug then ran over to share the celebration of his goal. Typical of him when he was clean through to wait to beat the defender and wrong-foot the keeper to score.

I could get used to watching Thistle win at home.