Hibs

jaggy

Just watched the Alba coverage and a great win for the Jags today.

Last 5 mins was a bit back to the wall stuff at times with some nervy moments but the players all dug in and a great goal on the counter from Higgy to seal it

They have played better than this and got nothing from games so you will take this all day long.

Good day for all connected to Thistle. :thumbsup2:

Watched game back on Alba, could watch our first goal all night , seen us play better this season and lose. Only negative for me is Prince Bauben who still looks one paced to me and the criticism Craigen got earlier on in the season seems unjustified in comparison to Bauben's last 4/5 games

• Like 2

Have to say from where I was sitting higgy could have been off for a tackle in the first. Defo left the studs in and seen reds given for less

If it's the same challenge I'm thinking of, I thought the Hibs player (Forster?) went in studs up over the top of the ball as well and either could have been booked. O'donnell was also pretty lucky in the first half that he wasn't seen wrapping his arm round the wee ginger wingers neck from behind after the ball had been cleared.

Been doing my nut in avoiding any football scores all afternoon in order to catch the Alba transmission. Not the best performance, particularly the first half where I lost count of the number of stray passes. It didn't help that some questionable refereeing decisions went against us in the first half hour, but then in the second half we got a few in our favour. Higginbotham came on as the game progressed and deserved his MotM. ATS also had a good game. Taylor worked very hard and won some important fouls (should have won more but he's not to blame for that). O'Donnell got caught out once or twice but then again did make some important last ditch tackles. It was good to see Doolan and Taylor both playing, Doolan linked up well and got stuck in in the defensive half too. Not sure we can play both against top half teams though. Was sh****g it at 2-1 but that final goal made the wait until half seven and squeaky bum time following Hibs' goal worth it.

Strange game tbh, it seems to be we're actually playing worse football, but getting results. Surprisingly, enough I'll take that over playing very well and getting hee haw. Pity about Adams' mob winning ah well can't have everything.

You've got to be honest and say we deserved it and on this performance Hibs look more likely to end inthe play offs than we do. Think we can win again next week at Inverness Åland that'll set us up nicely for the slit fixtures and to be honest I don't see why we can't win all the games against all the other diddly teams- only half joking!

Edited by stillresigned

Higginbotham's interview on alba was good, anyone on here owning up to being the fan that was giving him stick that he pointed to after he scored?

Haha, I remember once someone in front of me giving Albert Craig pelters for the entire match, and when he ghosted in to score, he ran over and gave the guy the "Shhhh" gesture. Pretty sure the person went straight back to giving him abuse though!

Strange game tbh, it seems to be we're actually playing worse football, but getting results. Surprisingly, enough I'll take that over playing very well and getting hee haw. Pity about Adams' mob winning ah well can't have everything.

You've got to be honest and say we deserved it and on this performance Hibs look more likely to end inthe play offs than we do. Think we can win again next week at Inverness Åland that'll set us up nicely for the slit fixtures and to be honest I don't see why we can't win all the games against all the other diddly teams- only half joking!

Our front 4 were very good. Behind them we gave the ball away too many times under little or no pressure (nerves??). This meant Hibs had an awful lot of the ball but I thought they didn't really create much in the way of clear cut chances whereas with a lot less possession we created (in the first half) several clear cut chances, scoring from one. Second half we had much more possession and missed a couple of really good chances before we scored a bit of a soft goal from a free kick. Then after they scored we panicked a bit but it all worked out fine in the end

It's fair to say the wind affected the quality of the game so I wouldn't be too critical of the number of miss passes and eccentric clearances. The four corners (or was it twenty four corners) Hibs got late on were probably better defended than they looked. Similarly our second goal may be more down to a great percentage ball in from Higgy than poor defending from Hibs. Our other two goals were sublime. And talking of sublime, Marvin Gaye and Smokey Robinson are on the telly just now. Doesn't get much better :thumbsup2:

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Our win today was massive as it showed that we don't have to play at our best to win. Added to our 3 points, Dundee United beating St Midden will be a real kick in the hawmaws down Paisley way, and hopefully a hefty blow to any confidence they have left. Pity about St Johnstone not doing us a favour, but let's not be greedy.

Jaggy

Streamed the game as it was broadcast through a vpn. It will become available on I-player but you will still need vpn from Oman. Just click on the sports link on I-player and you should see it.

Cheers MJ lols

ps going home at the weekend, then back here for at least a year :D