Archie Must Go Again ?

javeajag

Doesn't say much for the concept of a fans forum when all you guys want to do is stop opinions you don't agree with with

There are genuine questions over the managers performance and that is a valid opinion that you should all accept someone's right go express

It has been done to death! But, you cannot accept that. As someone who accused me of being full of myself, and telling people what to do, you are just trying to ram down people's throats your opinions, even though there were 999 posts on the last one. Kettle, black, calling pot??

That's fine you express your view and ignore the thread .... Simples

Unbelievable. Decided not to get involved in the other thread again until the end of the season (no matter what way it ends!) but with the recent postings it's clear there are about 4 trolls over there, including the OP, who all of a sudden with backing from two or three others (and it's growing by the day...lol) is getting a bit cocky after his apparent online breakdown because of the abuse he was getting. See a few of them are now saying that Archie should be sacked even if he keeps us up, so in reality he is in a no win situation with this lot (I won't dare call them supporters)That about sums them up. Just my tuppence worth, I hope not to be back here until the last kick of our season.

Oops didn't realise the other thread was closed. You can't do the same with this one Will can you and while you are at it ban javeajag as he made it clear he wanted to leave but couldn't. Surely a good old life ban is in order to put him out of his misery!

Edited by twinny

Of course it's fine to have a genuine debate on the matter, but the previous thread was a disaster. If this thread descends into everyone calling each other trolls or playing amateur psychiatrist seeking the reasons why another poster makes particular comments, it might well get locked too. Please stick to the topic of the managers merits or lack thereof. I'm not sure having several locked threads on this topic does much for the forum.

• Like 1

I completely agree with Twinny 100%. Let us keep on topic, and not resort of childish name calling when someone doesn't agree with your opinion. With 5 games to go and us stuck in the playoff position I think a genuine discussion on the managers future is probably needed, but lets stick to it.

If the club stays up then Archie stays or at least decides for himself if he needs the bother it all brings for gettting promoted and punching above you weight with little thanks for you efforts.

If Thistle are relegated then they drop to a very competitive league that i think might be harder to get out of than it would be to stay in the top flight next season.

My thoughts and i don't go to many of the games is the team are not yet at the level of some fans expectation levels nor is Archie's managerial skills and experience at the level required.

He is learning as this team are at the high end of Scottish football and everyone will benefit from it including the manager from this years experience.

I look at the Academy and it's in a good place with the coaching methods and style of football that is endorsed from this manager.

We all need to hope he is successful and the club as a whole kicks on again next season.

I'm not yet convinced he can't make it a success.

Agree with above post (eta referring to Yellow & Redneck) and thus Twinny's. But can someone please tell me what Archie has either done or not done today that has precipitated this thread?

Presuming in fact nothing has occurred today is it not then human nature to name call someone who apparently only starts threads and/or posts under an agenda?

Put it another way, would anyone bother with a website that's totally dominated by agenda driven threads? I guess we all know the answer to that, so why should some posters think we'll tolerate his/her's.agenda?

I'm running out of question marks but I've one last one. Javejag, what makes you so ******* special?

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

Agree with above post (eta referring to Yellow & Redneck) and thus Twinny's. But can someone please tell me what Archie has either done or not done today that has precipitated this thread?

Presuming in fact nothing has occurred today is it not then human nature to name call someone who apparently only starts threads and/or posts under an agenda?

Put it another way, would anyone bother with a website that's totally dominated by agenda driven threads? I guess we all know the answer to that, so why should some posters think we'll tolerate his/her's.agenda?

I'm running out of question marks but I've one last one. Javejag, what makes you so ******* special?

Your last point should be a separate thread....

On topic the debate about the manager will continue and there is nothing wrong with that IMO

FFS - there are 5 games to go. Can you not just leave it till the end of the season and then we can all have a debate about it? We all need to get right behind the team between now and the end of the season. If you can't do that, keep your trap shut and stay the f**k away from the games.

• Like 3

Your last point should be a separate thread....

On topic the debate about the manager will continue and there is nothing wrong with that IMO

Just my opinion (and I'm not trying to score any points) but I find your single obsession with one single topic, which I rightly or wrongly refer to as an agenda, as disrespectful to the website. I wouldn't know the first thing about running wearethistle but having agenda driven threads must be a nightmare. You probably will disagree but perhaps it would be better you take yourself less seriously on here at least.

You at one time said you weren't going to post on here again. I wouldn't want to see that, we need as many fans as possible to interact, but if you've nothing else to say on Jags related matters but this one tiresome topic, what would be the loss?

You put your Archie in.

Your Archie out.

In. Out. In. Out. Shake it all about.

You do your forum moaning and you wear us down.

I hope you all get gout.

Oh, you flat-cap wearing fogies!

Moan, moan, gripe, gripe, GOUT GOUT GOUT.

Nowt wrong with flat caps!

Of course it's fine to have a genuine debate on the matter, but the previous thread was a disaster. If this thread descends into everyone calling each other trolls or playing amateur psychiatrist seeking the reasons why another poster makes particular comments, it might well get locked too. Please stick to the topic of the managers merits or lack thereof. I'm not sure having several locked threads on this topic does much for the forum.

I'd be careful what sort of rules you're adding here Twinny.

First off I'd suggest doing a quick forum search quoting the word "mental", see how often it's used and the context it is used in. Pretty much always it's used to elaborate on a decision or incident which defies the mind.

Just because Ian Mac added "unstable" after the use of the word mental, doesn't make it any worse or better than the previous 1000 times it has been used, no matter how mock offended some folk get.

I'd also ask that you check the definition of an internet troll, and look at some folks post content and ask why they are posting them...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

Edited by potty trained

Oops didn't realise the other thread was closed. You can't do the same with this one Will can you and while you are at it ban javeajag as he made it clear he wanted to leave but couldn't. Surely a good old life ban is in order to put him out of his misery!

Is it just me being an old nerd but how did twinny manage to edit lindaus post ??? methinks more than one ID

Edited by greg