Archie Must Go Again ?

javeajag

My opinion on Archie isn't based on whether we stay up or not.

I've seen enough this season that in my opinion he should go whatever happens.

But if he keeps us up then he has done a reasonable job and can walk away wih some pride.

I wouldn't drink with you. You sound like a total ******.

It's funny how two people can watch the same thing and take such different positions. Based on what I've seen (I've been to most games this season) my opinion is Archie should stay even if we go down. This is simply because I have enjoyed the football we have played most of the season (and last season of course), which is more important to me personally. And the fact that we have lost fewer than half our games means that Archie has, in most part, made us difficult to beat. We've been competitive in our first season back- we've just not turned enough of our many draws into wins.

• Like 2

It's funny how two people can watch the same thing and take such different positions. Based on what I've seen (I've been to most games this season) my opinion is Archie should stay even if we go down. This is simply because I have enjoyed the football we have played most of the season (and last season of course), which is more important to me personally. And the fact that we have lost fewer than half our games means that Archie has, in most part, made us difficult to beat. We've been competitive in our first season back- we've just not turned enough of our many draws into wins.

uncut-rik-mayall-advert-is-sick-and-must-be-banned.jpg

For christs sake is this back again, we have 5 or 7 cup finals left get behind the team.

Let's cut out the jargon please, we don't have 5 or 7 cup finals. St Johnstone have a Cup Final, we don't.

We have 5 games left to prove that we are good enough to remain in this league.

That said, I fully agree with your point about supporting the team.

But if he keeps us up then he has done a reasonable job and can walk away wih some pride.

Quite right. & with all these faceless names etc like Ian_Mac who knows what you'll find.

Keep reading about the dangers of the internet. Peados, abusers etc.

Better safe than sorry.

You've a different opinion so you're wrong. End of.

I would say that Fulham have improved under Magath, Wigan under Rosler, Hartley with Dundee, and going further back Murray at Dumbarton.

The most important factor is getting the right person. There's no point in sacking Archie to bring in someone else like Shiels that will take us down but to say that no one could do a better job is wrong.

Who would do a better job, in our price range, at this point in the season, who is also likely to protect a remotely attractive style of football and take us further long-term?

Names please.

Note, not "could" do a better job: WOULD.

Ask yourself is it worth the risk sacking Archie with 5 games to go given the likely available pool of replacements. Unless the answer is "this guy is so demonstrably better and willing to stay the course that only a moron would stick with Archie" then we should stick with Archie.

• Like 1

So your opinion on Archie isn't based on staying up or not, so the fact if we stay up and Archie has satisfied the boards requirements and the hopes of the vast majority of the fans isn't good enough for you, so what league position would satisfy? 9th? 7th? 5th? 3rd?

Who would do a better job, in our price range, at this point in the season, who is also likely to protect a remotely attractive style of football and take us further long-term?

Names please.

Note, not "could" do a better job: WOULD.

Owen Coyle, Craig Levein, Billy Davis, Steve Lomas and Malky MacKay are all out of work and would all do better than Archibald in my opinion.

If you don't know what our budget is and what salaries these guys are looking for you can't say they are out of reach.

Owen Coyle, Craig Levein, Billy Davis, Steve Lomas and Malky MacKay are all out of work and would all do better than Archibald in my opinion.

If you don't know what our budget is and what salaries these guys are looking for you can't say they are out of reach.

Mate, even I cannot support you on that one.

That guy should have been shot for his tactics in that game in Prague alone.

No chance with Coyle,Davies or MacKay and Levein is known to not even play the one striker up top. :D

So your opinion on Archie isn't based on staying up or not, so the fact if we stay up and Archie has satisfied the boards requirements and the hopes of the vast majority of the fans isn't good enough for you, so what league position would satisfy? 9th? 7th? 5th? 3rd?

Norge, these are the guys that were talking about Europe after we had a good start this season!!! Any jags fan with an ounce of brain matter knows that if we stay up this season that it's been a successful season and time to build on that next season

• Like 2

Levein's was a bad appointment for Scotland and set us back a fair bit but his record at club level for Hearts and Dundee United was very good. As good as McCall's record at Motherwell.

Granted the Scotland was job was too big for him but at Premiership level he has proven himself as a good manager.

Coyle, Levein, Davies, Lomas, Mackay - what do they all have in common? Currently unemployed having been sacked by their clubs (most by more than one club in their careers). Are they really honestly better than the management team we currently have?

Alex Ferguson was sacked, Jose Mourinho was sacked more than once, Gordon Strachan was sacked.

It doesn't always work out at some clubs for some managers. Just because they have been sacked doesn't mean they are bad managers.

Just because we could have a worse manager than Archie doesn't mean we couldn't have a much better manager than him.

But surely you must agree that being sacked by more than one club suggests being a crap manager? And why were the people you mentioned not snapped up by other clubs if they were so good? I don't buy the "it doesn't work out at some clubs" argument - either you're a good coach or you're not.

All these guys have spent big on players, Mackay spent around £40 million, would love to give Archie £4 million to spend, then you can compare these guys

• Like 1

This is fantasy land.

Owen Coyle, a man whose last three appointments have been with two Premiership sides and a Championship side with aspirations of the Premiership. You really think he's likely to look at Partick Thistle, Scottish Premier strugglers and go "aye, I'll have some of that"? He knows there are much easier routes back into management, on much better pay, at much lower risk. He'd find life much easier coming back into management via an assistant post in the Championship and could probably make more doing TV work than heading down Firhill Road.

Craig Levein, a man whose Scotland management career was an unmitigated disaster. Granted after he left Hearts he went back to Raith Rovers for a few games to get back into management, and it's plausible he'd come back into management on the humble road, but can we say with confidence that he's the sort of guy who will inspire our current set of players to play at their best in these next 5 crunch games? Going further forward, can we say with confidence he'd want to stick about somewhere like Partick Thistle, or that he'd build an attractive team playing sustainably in the top league? I think the jury is out on that one.

Billy Davis, a man who has been out of the Scottish game for more than a decade, and has been managing in the Premier League and Championship for most of the time in the last decade. You really think that a club that until 2013 was paying Jackie McNamara absolute buttons for a wage to manage it is going to be in his price range? He can make more money managing in League One if he really wants to. As Steven Pressley shows. And do you think he'd really get more out of the current players in the last 5 games to stay up? Would he be looking to remain with Thistle for the long-run to develop us into an attractive, sustainable top-flight team? I doubt it.

Steve Lomas. Almost within the realms of reality. But necessarily better than Archie to do the job at hand? Based on what, exactly? A guy whose family lives in England, who sees St Johnstone as evidence of him showing he can "go somewhere else and make a name for himself" and who has spoken about managing abroad? Mmmm. right.

Malky MacKay. A man who has just been managing in the Premiership, with wages to match no doubt. A man who has had nothing to do with Scottish domestic football since well before Jim Leighton hung up his boots. A man who has not long been sacked for showing a lack of bottle in a relegation fight. A man whose name gets thrown around more often for positions like the Norwich job. And you think he's going to look at Thistle and go "mmm yes please" and deliver? And look to build something here rather than use us as a (particularly wobbly) stepping stone? Get real.

Edited by Woodstock Jag

Possibly the most ridiculous post I have ever seen on any forum. If you're going to troll you need to do better. Edited by Charlie Endell
  • Like 2

Dear oh dear!! You really are living in Fantasy Island.

Coyle's name is poison in England now after Bolton and Wigan.

There is no way he'd get a job in the Premier League. I'd doubt he'd even get a job in the Championship.

McLeish who has also been out of work for a while has said that English teams are moving away from appointing Scottish managers after so many have failed down there.

Would these guys rather sit at home or try or get back to work?

Maybe Charlie Endell could tell us. I'm assuming he knows the precise details of it all. Either that or he's a bellend.

One of the two.

Coyle's name is poison in England now after Bolton and Wigan.

There is no way he'd get a job in the Premier League. I'd doubt he'd even get a job in the Championship.

McLeish who has also been out of work for a while has said that English teams are moving away from appointing Scottish managers after so many have failed down there.

Would these guys rather sit at home or try or get back to work?

Maybe Charlie Endell could tell us. I'm assuming he knows the precise details of it all. Either that or he's a bellend.

One of the two.

Things are obviously getting to you son.

Think you need to chill out and take some time away from it.

I've read more plausible stories in the works of Terry Pratchet.