Possible Points Deduction For Killie

ThickAsThieves

Surely they will just fine them and not apply a football penalty? After all it happened in the past and they can't apply punishments retrospectively, can they?

Why not? If they have done this, they have broken rules and should face the punishment, whatever that may be.

For what it's worth, I don't think there will be much in this. Seems to be the word of an ex-employee with an axe to grind. They might have done it, but I don't see how it could really be proved 100% so I suspect it'll be thrown out. Plus the SFA take ages to investigate things so it'll probably be decided on in a few months time.

Hard to see them getting a points deduction at this stage of the season when things are so tight at the bottom.

But, forging a signature is pretty serious. I reckon they might cop out of this by giving them a deferred points deduction for next season.

Remember - the only rule set in stone is the one that allows them to make things up as they go along.

• Like 1

They lost the game 3-0. Absolutely no benefit. Probably an innocent error.

On the face of it that's true, but no way is forging a signature an innocent action. It may not matter much, but it was a deliberate act by the club.

In addition, although they lost the game it may be that the player contributed to keeping the score down and goal difference could well be crucial in the relegation battle.

Don't expect any meaningful action from the SPFL, though.

Very difficult, unless the player himself came out and says he never signed the registration form, to prove but it is, IF true, a very serious offence and utterly irrelevant that they lost the match. This wasn't a simple adminstrative error, though the original missing signature almost certainly would have been, this would have been a deliberate act designed to give themselves an advantage.

As I said, near impossible to prove but if it were then strongest possible sanction.

If it was prior to the 4-0 game on the 29th of January I could understand a signature being forged for a new player and then that player may have helped contribute to points won in subsequent games (Maximum of 8 points) when actuaslly not registered, but the 3-0 game was in March surely all players were registered then

• Like 1

If it was prior to the 4-0 game on the 29th of January I could understand a signature being forged for a new player and then that player may have helped contribute to points won in subsequent games (Maximum of 8 points) when actuaslly not registered, but the 3-0 game was in March surely all players were registered then

Spot on!

Kilmarnock signed Maksimenko, Eremenko and Karlsson in the last week of the January window.

I've just read some of the blogs written by the witness of the forged document. Details seem very strange as has been stated, however the thing I'm thinking is that if I wrote about my employer and colleagues in such a manner I would be sacked for breaching the company's social media policy. She felt that a colleague reporting what she had written on her blog to her manager was an invasion of her privacy... it's a social media profile, not a diary with a lock on it.

Edited to add. There could be some merit in the story itself, just because the woman appears to have grievance with the club it doesn't mean she's making it up. I suspect however, that any end result would punish the staff involved rather than the club's points total, and that's probably right, unless of course the club board were aware of such a policy.

Edited by twinny