Erskine The Heresy Thread

javeajag

Negative negative negative

Not sure what's negative about that, but hey ho. Tell ye what Javejag, I will be in Edinburgh about 6.00 on Wednesday, how about you meet me in the pub of your choice in Gorgie Rd and we will have a friendly pre match pint in the hostelry of your choice. Can't say fairer than that!

Well that is good news (you not posting anything) Saturday me and the mates hitting the pub at 11.00 as we do every year at the last game of the season, however if you tell me what pub you will be in I am sure I could persuade the boys to make a fleeting visit for a pint or two, although depending on what time I cannot guarantee what state we will be in...lol

Edited by Lindau

Well that is good news (you not posting anything) Saturday me and the mates hitting the pub at 11.00 as we do every year at the last game of the season, however if you tell me what pub you will be in I am sure I could persuade the boys to make a fleeting visit for a pint or two, although depending on what time I cannot guarantee what state we will be in...lol

Ok let me check what the plan is.....maybe after the match depending on SHE

Ok let me check what the plan is.....maybe after the match depending on SHE

Ha...u will not want to meet me after the match, if we have been in the pub from 11...lol In hindsight Saturday is probably a bad idea, but if we hit the play offs it's a goer. Wednesday would have been ideal as it's just me and my boy going and we could have had a nice sensible chat and pint as he is doing the driving!

Edited by Lindau

Ha...u will not want to meet me after the match, if we have been in the pub from 11...lol In hindsight Saturday is probably a bad idea, but if we hit the play offs it's a goer. Wednesday would have been ideal as it's just me and my boy going and we could have had a nice sensible chat and pint as he is doing the driving!

Well fix up something but we won't be in the playoffs !

Lindau, I presume that you are aware that kick off is at 12.15pm on Saturday and therefore there is not much time to pack in the pints from an 11am standing start.

PS This is meant to be a positive post!

Feck I forgot that PtD...lol Still it's a tradition that me and my 5 mates have every year that at the last game of the season, home or away, our beer heads are on for the full day and night to discuss the season....and to get smashed out our skulls...ha! Mibbee not the best time to meet JJ. As I said Wednesday would have been ideal. Might be a good idea next season for a site meet up at a game...think that would be very interesting, to say the least. Guess the poster as they walk into the pub...ha!

Edited by Lindau

I really hope we don't sign him on next season. Some (most) of his performances have been really really grim. Today must be the poorest display from a thistle player this season I would say, maybe barring Piccolo's debut where he sold three goals to the Dons. But at least outwith those mistakes he contributed. Erskine must have a pass completion rate of less than 10-20%.

I am in two minds. If you think back to when he joined Thistle, he struggled to achieve any kind of consistency in 1st Division. I know he was young and it was a huge jump in standard from the Juniors. It took him 2 seasons at least. He didnt get a decent pre season in at Dundee Utd or got injured quite early. He is most effective getting the ball at the centre line and driving forward, but he has been much further forward with us this year. I think he has still got something, but there are probably more effective players out there - like Ryan Stevenson,maybe

Worst performance in a thistle shirt this season you must be joking. Disappointing in the second half yes but in the first half set up some good chances particularly first couple of minutes where he set Taylor up a beauty.

He has easily contributed as much as buaben has since January except chris hadn't played in the spl before.

I really hope we don't sign him on next season. Some (most) of his performances have been really really grim. Today must be the poorest display from a thistle player this season I would say, maybe barring Piccolo's debut where he sold three goals to the Dons. But at least outwith those mistakes he contributed. Erskine must have a pass completion rate of less than 10-20%.

utter rubbish so he hasn't scored this season then or set up goals? First year in the spl just like Gabriel but perhaps with a full pre season at the club and his first season in the spl out the way both could be key players

utter rubbish so he hasn't scored this season then or set up goals? First year in the spl just like Gabriel but perhaps with a full pre season at the club and his first season in the spl out the way both could be key players

I didn't say he hasn't contributed at all. His goal against Hibs was good. But in general, over 90 minutes, his contribution is very little. He can't pass very well, certainly not consistantly, and his poor first touch in the top division means he loses the ball almost everytime he doesn't have 10 yards of space.

I can guarantee he wouldn't get played in any other team in this league. I hope he goes back to United. There's more potential in Piccolo - least he has had some stormers and is a good ball winner. I ask for any game Erskine has been a stand out? None. I stick with my previous post in this thread where I would put Erskine in the bottom two or three performers in the team everytime I've seen him (about ten times probably).

I knew one or two would come out to stick up for him but I think theres some rose tinted glasses being worn from last year.

Also, Bauben has contributed more in bringing experience and a steady foot to our team when the young squad was struggling mid season. Under-rated what he has achieved with ourselves due to getting caught on the ball on a few occasions.

I didn't say he hasn't contributed at all. His goal against Hibs was good. But in general, over 90 minutes, his contribution is very little. He can't pass very well, certainly not consistantly, and his poor first touch in the top division means he loses the ball almost everytime he doesn't have 10 yards of space.

I can guarantee he wouldn't get played in any other team in this league. I hope he goes back to United. There's more potential in Piccolo - least he has had some stormers and is a good ball winner. I ask for any game Erskine has been a stand out? None. I stick with my previous post in this thread where I would put Erskine in the bottom two or three performers in the team everytime I've seen him (about ten times probably).

I knew one or two would come out to stick up for him but I think theres some rose tinted glasses being worn from last year.

Also, Bauben has contributed more in bringing experience and a steady foot to our team when the young squad was struggling mid season. Under-rated what he has achieved with ourselves due to getting caught on the ball on a few occasions.

nope there has been plenty of games erskine has contributed right from when he joined in January. You say buaben gave the team a lift well I'm sure he did but equally so did erskine and Lyle.

Plenty of decent games for us st Johnstone ad home for his debut was good even if others weren't that good, st mirren away, Motherwell away, Aberdeen at home, Hibs at home, st Johnstone away,killie away, hearts away. The only 2 real stinkers were st mirren at home and Hibs away so he has played his part as much as buaben.

Said it before and said it again I feel erskine and Taylor's signings really contributed to Doolan and higanbothams great performances since January.

It's unlikely he'll feature for DU next season as their budget will be bigger which means more players coming in which will in turn see him fall down their pecking order further.

With 2 years left on his deal up there, there may be some agreement in terms of a sweetener to free up his wages.

If that was the case then I think Erskine would walk back down from Dundee to come back. There are not many you can say that about.

His performances haven't been great of late, especially in the last 4/5 weeks.

However I still think a fully fit, confident Chris Erskine is worth taking the risk on. I don't think we've seen either in his loan spell.

Goalscoring rate since he arrived, 25 in 16, or 1.51 goals per game. Before he arrived, 21 in 22 or 0.96 per game. May be coincidence. Taylor had also just arrived, but no question that we were a better attacking force in the second part of the season, Higgie and Dools looked better, and i reckon Chris Erskine was a big part of that.