Hibs Vs Thistle

Willjag

A wasted opportunity, especially when they were down to ten men. With County getting beat, we move 1 point above them - our game against them looks like being crucial now. Have to hope Killie drop points and stay two behind us, that way a draw in our final game might be enough.

Ross v Hibs on Tuesday will be hugely significant for us now - stating the bleedin' obvious but any result is a good/bad one - although a Hibs win and a Thistle win against Hearts on Wed. renders next Saturday meaningless.

Would have taken a point today regardless of the way it happened - anything but a defeat was important. :frantic:

• Like 2

How many points have we thrown away in the last 5 mins of games this season? 2 v hearts ( h ) 4 v hibs ( a ) 3 v Motherwell ( a ) . Can't think of any except the killie game that we have picked up although I'm sure someone will correct me

Edited by p12tfc

I hope you're not seriously ridiculing my comment.

No, you're right, it is absolutely inexcusable ... if you decide to be incredibly selective and focus on only two things: we were one -nil up, and they had someone sent off. But if you actually look at the entire game, it seems we did well to get a point.

• "Paul Gallacher makes an excellent save to deny Liam Craig."
  • "Magnificent save from Gallacher before the ball strikes the frame of the Thistle goal."
  • "Another truly stunning save from Paul Gallacher."
  • "Great save from Gallacher who pushes away Craig's free kick."
  • "Another fine save from Gallacher"

Plus having two players subbed to injury before half time.

However, I'm sure the usual suspects will be here any moment to explain otherwise and complain and complain and complain ...

Am I right in saying that if Hibs beat County on Tuesday night (County would be on 34pts), we can guarantee survival on the Wednesday with a win at Hearts putting us 4pts ahead of Ross County with a game to play?

It will all depend on other results. We are still in a reasonably strong position. Draw today is NOT disastrous. Another round of games and not dropping down the table...

Am I right in saying that if Hibs beat County on Tuesday night (County would be on 34pts), we can guarantee survival on the Wednesday with a win at Hearts putting us 4pts ahead of Ross County with a game to play?

Yes.

But since that requires Hibs actually winning a football match, it won't happen.

So typical of this season I would have been more surprised if Hibs hadn't scored.

Decent organisation at the back and we would have been safe a long time ago. Instead we again blow another chance to make ourselves safe.

As much as I have disagreed with garbage you have posted on here before....this is spot on

Yip, The Cup is right. And it wasn't as if the goal came out of nowhere. We were being bombarded at times, and you would think that would have kept the back line on its toes. After all the work the keeper put in today, would it be too much to ask for our back line to keep them at bay for just a couple of mins longer.

And as mentioned before, it wasn't just today, but has been a recurrent theme throughout this campaign. Not an awful point, as we could be safe on Wednesday night if results go our way on the Tuesday, but it's gonna be tight.

• Like 1

Yip, The Cup is right. And it wasn't as if the goal came out of nowhere. We were being bombarded at times, and you would think that would have kept the back line on its toes. After all the work the keeper put in today, would it be too much to ask for our back line to keep them at bay for just a couple of mins longer.

And as mentioned before, it wasn't just today, but has been a recurrent theme throughout this campaign. Not an awful point, as we could be safe on Wednesday night if results go our way on the Tuesday, but it's gonna be tight.

Yep agreed