Killie, Hibs, Accies, Bairns Or Queens

What would be best to have in the SPL next year ? Obviously we must have either Killie or Hibs and I suspect that Killie without Boyd will be total gash. They probably can't afford to sack Johnston if they stay up, so I would opt for them over a Hibs.

As for the rest, Hibs down for sure. I suspect they still have the pulling power to bring in some decent players, (or atleast better than they have). Accies have looked good in the bits of them I've seen, so for me, either the very young and not ready for the SPL Falkirk or QotS which gives a nice day out (and is closer to Manchester !) to get promotted. Any views ?

It would be great to see Queen of the South in the Premiership.

When is the last time they played in the top league in Scotland?

ETA: If Hibs go down (and I hope they do), the Championship would be very interesting next year.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Hibs down, no preference who takes their place.

I think they'd have enough to beat Falkirk and QOS over two legs though. Hamilton on the other hand seem capable of scoring goals and they might just be able to out score the blank firing Leith diddies.

Kilmarnock have done a deal with their bank now to get rid of a lot of their debt. While I can see Boyd moving on I can also see them being able to sign a few decent players. I think like many clubs now, after the fiascos of Old Gers and Hearts, they will be looking to try to live within their means so there won't be any ridiculous signings but they'll be a half decent team.

As for the rest I think Falkirk deserve to come up as they like us have been shafted in the past by the old SPL "rules" and QoS very much yes just for the thought of a team that's never played SPL/Premiership before getting in.

But what I'd much rather see is our own team improve next season so that a bottom two spot isn't a worry.

Edited by Mr Bunny

Kilmarnock have done a deal with their bank now to get rid of a lot of their debt. While I can see Boyd moving on I can also see them being able to sign a few decent players. I think like many clubs now, after the fiascos of Old Gers and Hearts, they will be looking to try to live within their means so there won't be any ridiculous signings but they'll be a half decent team.

As for the rest I think Falkirk deserve to come up as they like us have been shafted in the past by the old SPL "rules" and QoS very much yes just for the thought of a team that's never played SPL/Premiership before getting in.

But what I'd much rather see is our own team improve next season so that a bottom two spot isn't a worry.

You mean when they were denied promotion because they were spending big on wages for a team to win the league while neglecting their crumbling wreck of a stadium?

• Like 1

Going purely on personal feelings, I would like Kilmarnock to go down and Queens to come up.

Likewise, no away days in Edinburgh would be utter baws, it's one of the best things about being in the SPL, nice city, easy to get to, no bother and big stadiums.

QOTS would be a great addition to the league but would their stadium be deemed up to scratch?

I don't think they are strong enough to come through all 6 games in any case.

Hamilton coming back would be a disaster for the league.

Rather have the trips to Embra than Dundee. Detest Dens Pk and being on the doorstep of Tannadice will make trips up there so repetitive.

I'm not sure the pecking order of the 1st div clubs in terms of finances for strengthening. Only seen Falkirk play this season and just once at that but they looked dire. Be surprised if either Hibs or Killie lose out over two legs as I suspect whoever their opponents are the quality isn't quite there. They'll have to play.the away leg on a plastic pitch tho' and that could work against the SPL side.

Queens would have no problem with their stadium, the rules changed when we moved from SPL to SPFL. I *think* they could even use their terracing.

One thing I don't think mentioned is that all 3 Championship clubs in the playoffs play on artificial pitches, which they would no longer have to replace with grass should they come up.

Hibs going down would be hilarious, although it would deprive us of an Edinburgh away day. Queens coming up would be some consolation though in that respect.

Hamilton would be the worst of the 3 to come up, they should in theory have a bit still to spend with the McCarthy sell on fee and they'd probably do OK without bringing anything in the way of travelling support.

I reckon we'll be playing Hibs and Killie next year though.

I think Hamilton will come up and are in form just now but for that reason I'd rather they stay down cos I can see them taking points from us next season.

I don't like Killie much only cos of inter friend rivalry so that would only be bragging and slagging rights. On the other hand there's some happiness to be had in seeing both Edinburgh clubs go down and squabble over the scraps, as well as knowing that between Hibs, Hearts and Rangers only 2 max can come up next year and another big name is confined to the lower league for another season , hopefully Rangers,

Torn between killie or hibs to go down. If hibs stay up I think they'll be stronger next season than killie would if they do, so hibs going down would be good in that regard. It would also be very funny to see hibs make follow hearts down. But living in Edinburgh would be a nuisance to lose both my "home" games.

Not bothered which championship team comes up as long as it's not Hamilton. they'd bring about 20 fans to firhill but at the same time could be a decent side. They also have a couple of good young players that I'd like thistle to take and can't see us getting them if they come up.

Whichever team goes into the playoff from the premiership will struggle, especially hibs as they have been so bad for so long and they have a team that does not care at all. The championship team will be right up for it and will be full of confidence which is huge in football.

Edit: queens coming up would be nice for them as they haven't been top flight since the 60's

Edited by oneteaminglasgow

Queen of the South up and Hibs down please.

Queens are the weakest of the Championship bunch so if we are in the bottom 6 next season they will hopefully go straight back down in 12th place. Hibs have a bit more money than Killie so it would make it harder for Rangers to come up.

hibs down for the lolz

hamilton no thanks.

queens would be good as never been in any 'premier league (only the old old division 1), and good away day, but don't have a big away support

falkirk would be okay, as closer and would see both clubs benefit from large travelling supports.