Keep The North Stand Red And Yellow

yoda-jag

I find it very difficult to understand why our Board think it's more important to satisfy the away support rather than the home support?

An excellent point.

Frankly, I'm done with being taken for granted. They clearly don't understand that the decision to spend a large sum of money on their BUSINESS is a heart ruling the head thing. And once you change that, and take it for granted, it's hard to reclaim. No more season tickets unless this changes...

Just another thing. As far as I'm aware and we can easily check but Sky TV in the Aitken Suite isn't feasible commercially. Just a small issue admittedly but it does indicate the Club haven't a clue.

It's difficult to check online, but it seems Sky do Pay as you go deals for business customers which surely would be the only possible way to do it?

excellent post dave, in complete agreement with all that.

but i'm sure chris jack didn't just sit there like a nodding toy dog, lapping up all he heard, without asking probing and pertinent questions, after all i'm sure he knows all the pros and cons of all areas of our stadium, what works best for matchday experience for jags supporters, and what jags supporters really want.

aye I'm sure he did just he would need to shout very loud from ibrox to be heard at firhill

Aye, that's it. Give them sky sports and a pool table and they'll forget all about it. Complete and utter contempt.

Really nice of them to say we drape the flags over empty seats as well. Thanks guys.

They also said there reducing season ticket prices for main stand - yippee cos I wont be able to see anything anyways from the main stand!

I'm done with games at Firhill unless this changes. If it doesn't change then either the board reckon they don't need my money/support, in which case fine, or they think I'll back down once the season gets nearer, which is insulting and another reason why I won't be attending.

There's plenty of handy away games where I can get my fix if needed. As it stands I'll probably not attend many games, if any at all, next season. I go to games myself and it's only been worth it since the introduction of the North Stand - I have no interest in going anywhere else.

So they have reduced prices for the main stand season tickets. So from the so called business side of things, surely reducing the north stand season tickets and not including celtic matches would equate to the same money. Plus I suspect most fans would buy tickets at the time for the Celtic games anyway, so not losing any money. Such a simple solution to this problem.

I really don't believe what is coming out the board. What seems to be the case is when they spoke about improving the professional running of the club, I think they meant to outsiders - away fans. Stop them from moaning thinking firhill is a dump. I've always liked looking over to the main stand, and as an away fan wouldn't mind one or two games a season there, but to go there every game? Absolute no chance.

If we can't beat this, I say everyone buy season tickets for north end of Jackie Husband. Create our own singing section there and lets see an empty Main Stand.

Edited by read'n'yell

So there is no "business case" after all. If they had asked the NS ST holders if they wanted to move permanently to the main stand or be ejected for the visit of the OF then I guess people would have voted for the same arrangement as this year. What exactly the board gain from this other than pissing off their customers defeats me.

Keep your wallet in your pocket until they perform a u turn. As a JHS ST holder and someone who haas been going to Firhill that's what I will be doing. We will be blamed for the failure to sign Taylor no doubt.

• Members

I'm pretty sure that this season we are due to get only one home game against Celtic. The decision might have carried more weight if we really did have potentially 4 games against the OF, so yet another piece of nonsense in the statement.

Even if this decision is rescinded (which i doubt), the damage to the likes of Ian Maxwell and David Beattie can't be undone.

They've lost a high % of the support over this issue, and they'll most likely never get them back.

The beginning of the end for them - hopefully.

Edited by Chachi

Ok.... here goes... a wee breakdown of their statement:

Our aim is to grow the fan base, to increase the number of season ticket holders year on year and to make the match day experience as good as it can be. With that in mind it is imperative that supporters face as little disruption possible. They should have ‘their seat’ and we shouldn’t need to ask our own season ticket holders to move depending on the opposition.

This move could and probably will decrease the number of season ticket holders. it will make the match day experience poorer. As little disruption, with a permanent move to a stand we don't want to be in.... until the next time. we shouldn't have "our seat", one of the selling points of the North Stand that it would not necessarily require ST holders, that it would emulate the old terrace days where you can stand where you want and move around. It was never about having "your seat".

We have always known that having to move home supporters around is not an ideal scenario and, with Rangers likely to be back in the top flight shortly, it is a problem that will arise as often as four times per season, almost a quarter of home league matches.

Where do you start with this, rangers fans are boycotting ST sales en masse, only 5000 sold to date, their fans don't think they'll make it through the season, never mind get promoted. But our club see 4 games... do they not know how the fixtures are compiled? we'll most likely play celtic once next season, twice the year after and rangers once.... if we stay up.... How many SPL teams were provided the luxury of 4 pre spilt old firm home games, ever?

Another major factor in our thinking is that the manager has often commented that he and his team never have home supporters behind the dugout. This makes it more like an away game for them and a home game for the visiting bench. Having our loudest supporters behind Archie will certainly help to change that.

Thats pretty low, even by their standards, putting Archie in the firing line, well aware of the unrest on here. They used this line in the meeting and i didn't have the guts to tell folk, in hope that it wouldn't be mentioned again. If he has said that, he's never said it in public! but don't worry, we're not behind him, we're no where near him.

In recent months we have explored every possible option based on expected away support next season, limiting the disruption of home fans and safety concerns for big fixtures. Having reviewed these, it is clear that there is really only one option that will give us a sustainable seating plan that means season ticket holders will not be moved from game to game. We have arrived at the unfortunate conclusion that the only way to do this is to move the singing section into the north end of the Main Stand.

In recent months? and yet not once did they contact representatives of the North Stand to invite discussion, to work together for the better of the club. That kind of goes against everything the Supporters Federation stands for, no?

We are now asking for cooperation from those fans. We are in no way looking to split up the singing section, we are asking them to continue doing what they are, only in another area of the stadium.

We know you don't want to use the Main Stand, but get in line, do as you're told and give us your money.

We have all heard away supporters this season make a huge amount of noise from the Main Stand. Hearts, on their last visit, had a similar number of total supporters as our singing section numbers and we all heard the backing they gave their team.

Thats incredible, you heard folk singing? Did you hear the Full North Stand of Celtic fans out sing the Thistle support in The Main Stand because it has better acoustics? Did you hear us outsing St Mirren, Dundee United, Aberdeen, Hibs etc, even though they had more than double in the Main Stand than what we had in the North Stand?

We’re also aware of the deficiencies in the facilities that are currently available in the Main Stand and understand that they are currently unacceptable. This is why, during the summer, the club will be embarking on a significant scheme of improvements.

Partick Thistle Board of Directors admit that the Main Stand is not up to standard, yet we were happy for Thistle fans to pay £25 to use it twice this season, more than away fans paid. We were happy to take every other teams fans money, in the knowledge that it wasn't fit for purpose. The Club actually admit they have shown a complete disrespect to every single person who has paid money to sit in a stand not fit for purpose.

• Like 6

Probable bullets points of board meeting to discuss this

Get the 600 diddies out of there, we can get another 600 away fans in there and shove any overspill into the JHS.

They are all mad Thistle fans so they will just accept it and buy their season tickets, being the fannies that they are

Get them into the worst part of the ground, put in a hand basin, give them a wee reduction on prices, they won't complain, they are idiots.

If they complain, just tell them they didn't do much for the team this season at home, they can't argue, can they!

Give them a sweetener of Sky Sports and a pool table and a bit of furniture in the bar ( not sure what this has got to do with creating an atmosphere at a match)

Everyone agree....yes! Right Maxi get the two fans reps and tell them it's a done deal, but wait till an hour before kick off. We don't want any hassle on the last day of the season. A few will be upset but it will blow over in the close season

THINK AGAIN BOYS!

Edited by Lindau