Meeting Tomorrow - Updates

Stuartayonspeaksfrench is posting realtime updates of the meeting on Twitter as promised!

https://twitter.com/andrewaholloway

Thanks Stuartay..

30 minutes into the meeting - main comments so far -

*David Beattie opens meeting saying he hears what we are saying.

*Intention not to cause upset. Intention to get fans a set place.

*Communication has been poor - acknowledged.

*Ian Maxwell to present 3 options on why fans were to be moved...

1/ First option is North Stand into main stand. Permanent solution. Home fans behind dug out. Archie wants that. Cons were moving people.

2/ Option 2 away support into Jackie husband. Difficult to split stand in half. Safety and segregation an issue. Obliged to give away fans 1000 tickets per game. Need to move a lot of season ticket holders. Total 1000 fans. Would restrict away fans to 2000 per game. Including Celtic.

3/ Option 3 is status quo. Only came to light since kick off. Board didn't think we wanted this given celtic fiasco.

*Board misread situation

*Archie comment - never been at a jags home game where thistle fans behind him.

*Just raised point on an old firm exclusive season ticket. Under consideration.

Edited by Sinistar

"David Beattie says very likely to happen now - needs to make sure board are happy."

looks like we are staying in ns ..... that's united fan power for you. :fan:

bit concerning though beattie when talking about our manager, called him jackie ..... :blink:

I think what the board need to try and do is make sure celtic fans are allowed into the main stand. Then when they come, they can have the main and north. Us in the JHS. That will stop Celtic fans going in our end (mostly), which was a large part of the disgruntlement in moving. For me it was anyway.

Great news! Didn't expect things to go so well. Board could emerge very positively from this, especially if they apologise.

Well done to everyone at the meeting and to Stuartay for his brilliant tweets (and sore fingers) - super effort!

Great to hear a catering manager has been appointed. Not so good to hear about possible change to under 16 policy.

Edited by Sinistar

Great news! Didn't expect things to go so well. Board could emerge very positively from this, especially if they apologise.

Beattie has said there will be an apology.

Great updates. Well done to everyone involved at the meeting.

Thanks for all that Andrew. Will wait to hear what the change is in the u/16 policy. Doesn't affect me personally, but would be disappointed if it went, though it does annoy me when I see jags fans paying for kids at away games, then again I have always advocated that we charge away fans what they charge us at their grounds, like Hearts charging us £24, though whether it's legal or notI don't know. Still it sounds hunky dory re the NS stand and that was main object!

They could come out of this looking good for having listened. Credit where credit's due. I'll say it again though: they have a long way to go in terms of improving their approach to consultation. That the Board so spectacularly misjudged the views of the fans in this instance is cause for concern. First, the Supporters Federation needs to be properly designed, with its position within the decision-making process formalised. And second, there needs to be fan representation on the Board.

Edited by Stewarty

My reaction, based solely on the posts above is ... f'n YAHOO!

Well done to the fans' reps there tonight and to the club reps for revising their decision.

Looking forward to a new era of Glasnost and Perestroika.

(Or have I taken that too far?)

At any event I'm much more keen to renew our season tickets now.

If that is the case and they have realised the error of their ways then I will be buying a season ticket as soon as they become available..

Well played everyone for not taking this bit of stupidity and taking us for granted lying down. Let's make the North Stand even more special and busy next season!!

Can confirm that the decision will be reversed.

Apologies were made on the issue of consultation and at the way it was communicated.

Glad we didn't compromise as was suggested by a few on here.

Look forward to hearing from Red Monkey - aka "the oracle".

All in all, relieved that this issue is now behind us and that we can all now get back to supporting the team.

• Like 10

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand this u16s stuff? By abuse of walk up u16s does it mean walk up over 16s pretending to be u16? If so then it is a fair point needing addressed.

I get the £5 charge for PATG and free season tickets, but the £50 seems steep for reserving a seat in a non-family/children's section. I take it dads (or mums) can get their season ticket in this area where children get free ones, surely everyone will just do that.

Well done to all involved in halting the move out of the north stand. I don't see the need to say it will happen in the future. Surely going into the season with the online ticketing now in place, I would make all north stand season tickets non-OF match and also any in the sections of JH stand likely to be affected. Those fans would get first dibs on the main stand and empty JH stand seats for an OF game in a pre-sale.

Last point, was Archie not managing with the thistle support behind him in the main stand twice in the season just finished, both times Celtic came to call?

• Like 1

Very pleased this is now resolved. The board can now get on with what they've been best at: backing Archie in making good quality signings to take the Jags forward on the pitch.

A big personal thanks too to those who fought our corner at the meeting and achieving the outcome we all wanted very badly. Well done lads.

We Are Thistle.

Re: North Stand I'm agnostic over this to be honest. May need further discussions over long term future especially future Rangers games, money and Archie's thoughts.

For Under 16's I really hope any changes are to a minimum. Getting fans in is what builds long term supporter basis. If people who can pay are abusing the Under 16 rule that is totally unacceptable.

• Like 2