Meeting Tomorrow - Updates

Can confirm that the decision will be reversed.

Apologies were made on the issue of consultation and at the way it was communicated.

Glad we didn't compromise as was suggested by a few on here.

Look forward to hearing from Red Monkey - aka "the oracle".

All in all, relieved that this issue is now behind us and that we can all now get back to supporting the team.

Were there any apologies for the personal abuse that was prevalent on this forum or was it all one way?

And by the way, well done all. Sounds like a great outcome.

Edited by allyo

If I've read the tweets correctly everyone has to take credit from tonight. I don't believe anyone of an age will disagree that Board decisions are inevitably intransigent. You can adopt a multitude of answers into tonight. Some might want to say the Board are weak as being unable to push forward their proposals. Others could argue this is a victory for fan power. I honestly hope neither is the case. What's best for PTFC is still strong and imaginative Board leadership combined with an expeditious and discerning fan endorsement.

The only victory celebrated should be that commonsense has prevailed. Claiming a fan power victory is counter productive. It should always be remembered that the Board have reacted to an ad hoc representative group. Time to galvanise that support under a democratically elected banner. It's been long overdue.

• Like 4

If there's one thing I've learned from this sorry episode, it's the meaning of the word "intransigent".

Good news though. Hopefully lessons have been learned.

I also agree in principle on the u16s if my reading of it is correct, the walk up thing is pretty obviously abused so if you have to register as an u16 beforehand to get in free then so be it.

If I've read the tweets correctly everyone has to take credit from tonight. I don't believe anyone of an age will disagree that Board decisions are inevitably intransigent. You can adopt a multitude of answers into tonight. Some might want to say the Board are weak as being unable to push forward their proposals. Others could argue this is a victory for fan power. I honestly hope neither is the case. What's best for PTFC is still strong and imaginative Board leadership combined with an expeditious and discerning fan endorsement.

The only victory celebrated should be that commonsense has prevailed. Claiming a fan power victory is counter productive. It should always be remembered that the Board have reacted to an ad hoc representative group. Time to galvanise that support under a democratically elected banner. It's been long overdue.

Well said. A victory for PTFC as a club tonight. Almost a tear in my eye when I read the news man, so very happy right now. Great efforts everyone. Massive thanks to everyone involved in making this happen, i'm not quite sure who or what group drove the decision at the meeting, but well played and thanks!

North Stand is ours!!!

Great news!

As a lapsed fan enticed back by the north stand and after attending every home game except Celtic last season I think I'll be buying a season ticket now. The non Celtic games option would be ideal.

Well done all those involved in keeping the north stand red and yellow.

You're asking me that why?

Just because you mentioned that there were apologies from the board. I feel there have been faults on both sides, a lot of unjustified personal abuse and accusations and I wondered if the apologies only went one way.

• Like 1

Fantastic news about the north stand,well done to everyone concerned,but it just shows us

how much damage could have been caused to our great club due to the fact that we have to

accommodate the old firm fans,the sooner they fcuk off to England,Ireland or wherever the better

then these seating issues will never arise OTIG

• Like 1

Genuinely pleased about the North Stand. Far less happy that because some so called Thistle fans think it is clever to cheat the club I am faced with either moving seats or paying an extra £50 for the seat my son has had for the past 2 seasons.

It was fed back tonight that £50 is far too expensive, for a non "child's section", seat. That will be taken to the board on Monday for review.

• Like 2

Genuinely pleased about the North Stand. Far less happy that because some so called Thistle fans think it is clever to cheat the club I am faced with either moving seats or paying an extra £50 for the seat my son has had for the past 2 seasons.

Re the kids go free / £50 stuff - when did all that start? First I have heard has been the few comments on this thread.

Is the club sneaking bad news out under the cover of good news about the NS?

Me and my two boys have season tickets for last 2 years in what we were told was the family section. Frankly I doubt that the concept of a family section really still exists - the old one up near NS was actively monitored to minimise swearing and stop adults without kids sitting in it (wether or not those were the right things to do is up for debate). However, that never happens where we sit now.

Re the kids go free / £50 stuff - when did all that start? First I have heard has been the few comments on this thread.

Is the club sneaking bad news out under the cover of good news about the NS?

Me and my two boys have season tickets for last 2 years in what we were told was the family section. Frankly I doubt that the concept of a family section really still exists - the old one up near NS was actively monitored to minimise swearing and stop adults without kids sitting in it (wether or not those were the right things to do is up for debate). However, that never happens where we sit now.

It was mentioned tonight, after the north stand was resolved... I'm actually glad it was as it brought it out into the open.

Basically folk have been taking the piss with it. Effectively using it to reserve seats for their PATG mates, if I understand correctly. Which means certain "unused" seats couldn't be sold for Celtic games.

The club actually had 150 unclaimed child season tickets sitting in the office. Which I understand to be folk who reserved seats for their kids then never collected the ticket to let that child in the ground all season.

It was fed back tonight that £50 is far too expensive, for a non "child's section", seat. That will be taken to the board on Monday for review.

I missed this...what are they thinking of changing...I am JHS season ticket holder along with my daughter 12 years old, I made all bar one homes games and she managed 10 games. We have seats together centre of the JHS stand...what are they saying that she will have to pay to site beside me?

It was mentioned tonight, after the north stand was resolved... I'm actually glad it was as it brought it out into the open.

Basically folk have been taking the piss with it. Effectively using it to reserve seats for their PATG mates, if I understand correctly. Which means certain "unused" seats couldn't be sold for Celtic games.

The club actually had 150 unclaimed child season tickets sitting in the office. Which I understand to be folk who reserved seats for their kids then never collected the ticket to let that child in the ground all season.

Sorry for asking you PT, as it shouldn't be up to you to explain but I can't quite grasp the new U16's proposal.

Does this mean no more kids go free or will it only be £50 in certain sections?

I'm personally really proud of the club when I mention to people that kids go free at Firhill and have taken several of my son's friends and my nephews to Firhill over the last few seasons. I feel it's a great initiative for future support and would find it saddening if it changed because of some selfish @rseholes.

Sorry for asking you PT, as it shouldn't be up to you to explain but I can't quite grasp the new U16's proposal.

Does this mean no more kids go free or will it only be £50 in certain sections?

I'm personally really proud of the club when I mention to people that kids go free at Firhill and have taken several of my son's friends and my nephews to Firhill over the last few seasons. I feel it's a great initiative for future support and would find it saddening if it changed because of some selfish @rseholes.

Kids go free still applies... A kid can still get a fee season ticket. But this will be in the kids section.

If their guardian wants to sit with the kid out with the kids section, then there will be a cost to reserve that seat. £50 was suggested but that was quickly shot down. The federation suggesting £20-£30 would be more suitable.

Some random thoughts from the meeting last night:

1) You knew what was going to happen within about 5 seconds after the start of the meeting when David Beattie said "We had thought".

2) It does genuinely appear that there was no hidden agenda and that the whole episode can be filed away under the heading of "honest mistake" along with all those made by Craig Sives and Scott Boyd. An assumption was made based on a certain amount of feedback on unhappiness about being moved for the Celtic game, and no one thought to check out the wider views of the support. Hopefully that is lesson learned and the promised quarterly Federation meetings will avoid any such total disconnect between decision-makers and fanbase developing again.

3) All alternatives to the staus quo (with the welcome addition of the "non-Celtic" season ticket option) were revealed as being paper thin. It is amazing that the proposals for change got as far as they did with no one realising how out of touch they were.

4) The breadth and diversity of representation in terms of all those who attended was impressive. Contributions were measured and anger suppressed.

5) Manpreet was the perfect "delegate" in that he clearly represented the views of his "sending constituency" and was not in the least deterred from making his contribution. A future MSP?

Edited by partickthedog
  • Like 1

Hopefully that is lesson learned and the promised quarterly Federation meetings will avoid any such total disconnect between decision-makers and fanbase developing again.

Thanks for the summary PTD. Regarding the above, was there any indication that the new federation structure mentioned as part of Tag will be implemented, or have they ditched this in favour of using the groups that were represented at last night's meeting?