Welcome... Osman

mhs

By the looks of things, he seems a pretty similar player to Ozzy. Quoted as being a strong and defensive minded midfielder, and doesn’t score a heck of a lot of goals. If anything, he should give us a bit of bite in the middle of the park. Comes with a pretty solid career behind him as well, so that is promising.

It’s time for Archie to kick on now and bring in the striker and few defensive players we need to strengthen the squad, but Osman and Stevenson are an encouraging start to proceedings.

By the looks of things, he seems a pretty similar player to Ozzy. Quoted as being a strong and defensive minded midfielder, and doesn’t score a heck of a lot of goals. If anything, he should give us a bit of bite in the middle of the park. Comes with a pretty solid career behind him as well, so that is promising.

It’s time for Archie to kick on now and bring in the striker and few defensive players we need to strengthen the squad, but Osman and Stevenson are an encouraging start to proceedings.

Yep well said only unfortunate is that it looks like we wont see Ozzy again - seemed to be a fantastic lad at the club and a shame injury hampered what looked like at one stage to me to be last seasons player of the year

It looks to me as if Archie is biding his time to weigh up options. We have the Honduran lad who's name escapes me and Mustoe as possible left backs. Maybe both as The Honduran can also play central defense. There is also Barr. Bring these 3 in and the defense is looking pretty tidy, and even then, something better might come along. I know things don't always work out as planned, but the impression is that Archie is going for quality, not quantity and if that takes a bit of patience, I'd still rather that than pounce on the first journeyman who comes available.

• Like 1

It looks to me as if Archie is biding his time to weigh up options. We have the Honduran lad who's name escapes me and Mustoe as possible left backs. Maybe both as The Honduran can also play central defense. There is also Barr. Bring these 3 in and the defense is looking pretty tidy, and even then, something better might come along. I know things don't always work out as planned, but the impression is that Archie is going for quality, not quantity and if that takes a bit of patience, I'd still rather that than pounce on the first journeyman who comes available.

I completely agree with you. The only concerns I have is that binding our time too long could let other interested clubs pinch players from under our nose, and the other being it is always good to get business done quickly to ensure new players have time to gel with the rest of the team.

It would seem to me Archie has learned his lesson from last season when it comes to rushing in to buying players which is really encouraging.

I'd have thought we'd have had those positions filled by now also but if he's the only one signed from the 6 on Saturday, that's fair enough!

1 from 6 trialists in each of the next 3 friendlies leaves us 2 short. No doubt the 3 will be a keeper, a centre mid and an attacking mid. We're doomed!