Oops Not Looking Good For Celtic

jaggybunnet

TBH,I too would have rathered that they go true, but equally I'm not that bothered either. Once again, the failure by the Scottish media to accord the Poles sufficient respect is not surprising in any way, although it is still depressing.

From what I saw of Celtic last year against us, apart from the last game they were far from being a great side. Wonder how the world's greatest support will react?

Though we enjoy seeing the OF getting beat (I know, I know, some demand they don't exist any more and it's New/Old Firm) them going out could have a bad effect on our European ratings (forget what the thing is called) just when Aberdeen and St Johnstone had been helping improve them.

An upside one might hope for is that being in transition with a new manager they might actually find themselves in a fight for the league for a change if the likes of Aberdeen can find a consistency non of the other clubs have managed for a long time. Could be interesting though of course the depth of Celtic's squad even it's not brilliant gives them an advantage over a long season.

Edit to add: hope Aberdeen and St Johnstone fare better in their games this week.

Edited by Mr Bunny

I'm not that au fait with coefficients or whatever but I find it hard to see how Scottish clubs being successful in Europe is good for Thistle. Any success will bring financial rewards for the relevant club(s). That in turn just helps increase the financial differential between those clubs and Thistle making the likelihood that we can jump the gap all the harder.

That doesn't mean that i personally delight in Scottish clubs failure. I also realise that success can bring an extra euro place but I just don't see how we as a club benefit.

. .

• Like 1

I really couldn't care much less about coefficients, we're not at any risk of inflicting ourselves on Europe. I'd rather see Celtic go through and get pumped six times though. I would however like to see Aberdeen and St Johnstone do well.

Win-win situation...

Celtic (or any rival) does well in Europe, it helps our status as a footballing nation and the coefficient stuff.

Celtic (or any rival) gets pumped in Europe, can sit back and have a laugh at them.

:)

I would rather they went through to the group stages as it would give me some interest watching Celtic Vs AC Milan, Man Utd, Bayern, rather than Legia Warsaw vs either of these teams. I do find the fall out funny though, I noticed Chris Jack on twitter tonight just saying 'trouble in Paradise' he's just asking for a torrent of abuse! all the Rangers fans will come out and say how shite Celtic are then the Celtic fans just start all the new club old club , basically just how the Clyde1 Super Scoreboard goes every night. It's fantastic being a Thistle fan when you hear them spouting their bile at each other!

I would rather they went through to the group stages as it would give me some interest watching Celtic Vs AC Milan, Man Utd, Bayern, rather than Legia Warsaw vs either of these teams. I do find the fall out funny though, I noticed Chris Jack on twitter tonight just saying 'trouble in Paradise' he's just asking for a torrent of abuse! all the Rangers fans will come out and say how shite Celtic are then the Celtic fans just start all the new club old club , basically just how the Clyde1 Super Scoreboard goes every night. It's fantastic being a Thistle fan when you hear them spouting their bile at each other!

Aye, there's nothing else going on in the world now to bother about like the terrible situation in Gaza, the trouble in Ukraine or even that referendum thing in September! The only good thing is that it might bring them down to reality for a couple of weeks, but probably not.

Edited by stillresigned

Aye, there's nothing else going on in the world now to bother about like the terrible situation in Gaza, the trouble in Ukraine or even that referendum thing in September! The only good thing is that it might bring them down to reality for a couple of weeks, but probably not.

aye the Scoreboard starts up next Monday, can already hear folk calling for Deila and Lawwell's name for appointing a dud who no-one has ever heard of, then signing a guy who cant get a game for a woeful Cardiff team, well 1 game in 5 months. If this guy Deila is in charge when Rangers come back up I will cut off my own testicles.

I went to the valerenga vs stabaek match in Oslo the other night and while it was quite an exciting match the standard of football looked pretty poor.Some of the defending was shocking and the technical standard is no better or possibly worse than that of the SPL.

Think Celtic may have made a big mistake in appointing some one from this league

I went to the valerenga vs stabaek match in Oslo the other night and while it was quite an exciting match the standard of football looked pretty poor.Some of the defending was shocking and the technical standard is no better or possibly worse than that of the SPL.

Think Celtic may have made a big mistake in appointing some one from this league

The Tippileague has went down hill dramatically in the last 5 years, their top 2 would be bottom 6 in Scotland, the demise came around the same time they decided to play Friday Saturday Sunday Monday and screen every game and attendances dropped

Ronny Delia? They'd have been better of with Ronnie Corbett!!!

In truth it's not really fair to judge him on one match away from home and down to ten men in the Champions League. Neil Lennon got pumped out the CL by Braga at the same stage in his first season in charge. Delia's trying to install a new system which will take time for the players to get used to and the Celtic board have routinely been selling off all the best players for a few years now. Since last summer they have lost Ledley, Wanyama, Hooper and Samaras and brought in a load of cut price replacements. A dip in quality is inevitable really.

Ronny Deila.

This year's David Moyes?

Watch this space.

It is worth remembering that Gordon Strachan also lost his first game in charge of Celtic - a humiliating 5-0 away defeat to Artmedia Bratislava. Celtic won the return at Parkhead 4-0 so Deila could turn it around. We all laughed at Strachan then but he has done a fantastic job in turning round the national team after the Levein disasters.