Looking Good For Celtic

BowenBoys

The jammiest thing since that time when my wife decided to make jam and the jam kind of boiled over and exploded all over my cooker and up the wall.

A route directly into the Europa league for them now.

Even more jammy than 2011 when Sellick were reinstated after losing to Sion. Sion fielded a few players who were ineligible due to a transfer ban.

Someone at Legia Warsaw will be looking for a new job over that silly and very costly error. Can Warsaw appeal like Sion did?

Be interesting to see how far down the line the deals are for Virgil van Dyke and Fraser Forster. Were going to sell them as soon as they crashed out. Notice Celtic are now a seeded team therefore will come up against some easyish teams in the next round.

Foolish from Legia

Edited by read'n'yell

Be interesting to see how far down the line the deals are for Virgil van Dyke and Fraser Forster. Were going to sell them as soon as they crashed out. Notice Celtic are now a seeded team therefore will come up against some easyish teams in the next round.

Foolish from Legia

Yes, apparently the guy who was ineligible only came on near the end of the game so he could get his bonus.

Would the rules have been enforced so rigidly against one of Europe's big teams?

Personally, I doubt it.

Who knows, but it's kind of incredible that if Legia had scored even one of their two penalties in the first leg they would still be in the Champions League.

I wonder what sanction would have been imposed if Legia had won the tie by one more goal.

Scabby basturts (in every imaginable sense). More money in the Tim coffers for absolutely nothing based on any form of merit. They've just punted Forster and are clearly a selling club now. I wish them all the misfortune that even the most productive imagination can generate.

FTOF&S.

Whit does the 'S' stand for ?

Can you imagine what'll happen to the poor Legia Warsaw secretary who'll no doubt carry the can for this's mix up, probably end up in the salt mines! Despite the fact that it's Sellick who's involved, anyone who's ever been involved at any level of football should be fully aware of the penalties of playing I eligible/suspended players, it's a total no-no.

In saying that it is the jammiest spaŵniest outcome, I can remember, but rules are rules, unfortunately and you can't pick and choose which ones are applied, Unless of course your the SFA!

From what I heard, the player in question was given a 3 match ban last season, he sat out the previous round and 1st leg of the game against Celtic, they had believed he had served his suspension..... turns out although he was registered for Legia prior to the previous leg, he wasn't registered in the competition so he hadn't served his ban. This is what they are appealing against

From what I heard, the player in question was given a 3 match ban last season, he sat out the previous round and 1st leg of the game against Celtic, they had believed he had served his suspension..... turns out although he was registered for Legia prior to the previous leg, he wasn't registered in the competition so he hadn't served his ban. This is what they are appealing against

That appears to be the story, which begs the question, if he played for Legia last season why on earth wasn't he registered at the start of the competition? Bizarre

That appears to be the story, which begs the question, if he played for Legia last season why on earth wasn't he registered at the start of the competition? Bizarre

Despite my antipathy for both ugly sisters, I have no sympathy for Legia in this instance.

They messed up their admin (not C****c), and they cocked up two penalties and two one-on-ones in the first game.

The 0-3 they got for the administrative issue should never have mattered as they should have been further out of sight than MH 370 before they ever got to Murrayfield.

Edited by Barney Rubble

This could be seen from the other side. Didn,t Celtic once get put out for something against a Austrian side which was to them a travesty. Now the show is on the other foot and Celtic seem to be taking full advantage.

The silence coming out of Celtic Park is deafining and shows you once again that only money matters in the game. They don,t deserve in a football sense to be any where near the Champions league.

Ok the Polish team cocked up in administrating but how hard is it, in a fair play sense for Celtic to acknowledge that.

I would tend to think that it is now "LOOKING BAD FOR CELTIC" in terms of reputation and standing.

Edited by topcat