Thistle's Predicted League Position

Stewarty

League position poll  

107 members have voted

1. 1. What will Thistle's league position be at the end of the season?

• 1st
    • 2nd
    • 3rd
    • 4th
    • 5th
    • 6th
    • 7th
    • 8th
    • 9th
    • 10th
    • 11th
    • 12th

If we can improve the defence with quality and cover, I would say that we could finish sixth or even higher. That's a big if as there may not be many quality players available that we can afford.

However, my instinct is that our u20s from last season (Keenan, Lindsay, Wilson, Duggan and McDaid) are improving and deserve their chances to become key members of the squad.

It may crazy optimism but 7th or 8th is my real guess as our home form surely can't be any worse than last season's. Two or three more home wins would propel us up the table.

Paddy Power have us down as second favourite to finish bottom. Cheeky gets. I think we'll be okay. St Mirren and Accies don't look too hot, nor do Killie minus Boyd's goals.

I can't for the life of me think why. We've held onto our best players over the summer, secured our best loan players from last season on permanent deals and the 5 players Archie has brought in really look top notch. Mr Power ain't got a clue. I say we'll finish 4th.

I can't for the life of me think why. We've held onto our best players over the summer, secured our best loan players from last season on permanent deals and the 5 players Archie has brought in really look top notch. Mr Power ain't got a clue. I say we'll finish 4th.

Your assessment of Mr Power would appear accurate. This morning he had us down as playing Ross County away today.

Crazy Optimism is surely the natural state for a Jags fan.

Well there is always that expression about an exception to prove a rule :)

Will wait till before game on Wednesday to do the poll. Thinking 8th place at the moment.

Paddy Power have us down as second favourite to finish bottom. Cheeky gets. I think we'll be okay. St Mirren and Accies don't look too hot, nor do Killie minus Boyd's goals.

Spoke to my brother In law this morning, raving about St Mirren. 20 shots, 11 on target. Well keeper MOTM. But most important to him was, they are playing with pace, says Marwood looks a real find, Ball not match fit but once fit thinks he'll be a great signing and Tesselar has come back a better left back than when he left.

Where are the 2,286 forum members I wonder?

Anyhow, had a look at last year's poll and compared it with this to see if confidence has changed any.

Last year "first past the post" was 10th place, very clearly, with 27% of the 81 voters. Those folks called it spot on. The "mean" position was 8.58 (or 8.87 if you discount the 3 dreamers who said we'd win the League).

This year it seems some of those 10ths have turned into 9ths and some have turned into 11ths. The "mean" (after 77 votes) is currently slightly down at 8.62 (or 8.93 if you discount the [same?] 3 dreamers who reckon we'll win the flag this season).

In short, there's veryl little change in the confidence level of the forum, despite losing Hearts and Hibs from the top shop. ATS is probably the balancing factor.

FWIW I voted 9th with the forum mean.

'mon the Jags!

:ptfc:

Having watched Jags for 30 years, I'd say this is the first time I really believe we could get silverware.

I'm not so bothered about league position (as long as safe), but I think we have a side that could bring the Scottish (or League) Cup back up to Maryhill.

Come on Jags. I've been waiting a long time, and may not be able to wait forever.

I just want to see those red and yellow ribbons around a trophy at Hampden.

• Like 1

Since I was doing my Peter Snow on post 18 I thought it might be fair to add un update in light of the late rush of voting – another 20 in just over a day, with a whole host of 7ths and 8ths. Pretty sure the vast majority were before the County game.

So, before the thread fades away I record, at the time of posting, that, after 97 votes:

The forum is slightly more confident for 2014-15 (8.51) than 2013-14 (8.62).

I’ll go now. :getmecoat: